Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:54 pm 

Still looking good Mario! You haven't slowed down at all!

The ladies of Portugal are waiting for you.... 8)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:43 am 

Hi again folks!
Thank you all for the comments!!!
Today I bring some more news!!!
The work is almost done…I almost can smell the exhaust on the road!!!

Quigga - Thank you! you are right! It consumes us a lot!We need lots of patient and sometimes hen things are not as we like it's a delusion, so I'm making all at slow move to avoid some mistakes! But it's a hell of a car...Thenks for the comment!

SX-510 - I'm working slowly now, because some parts are taking too long to come...I have one part that is shipped since January...
The girls will love my car...and I'm here to please them!!! ehehehehe!!!

Here are the pictures...and tomorrow I’ll put some from the last Saturday…these are from the other weekend!!!

Thanks again
Mário

Mr Vitorino made the inside of the boxglove in inox...lot of work, but worthtable!
And the inside stayed almost ready!!!
The oil pressure valve broke…maybe because of being stopped for almost a year and 4 months…even one water tube needs to be substituted!!!
The isolator was also intalled…but better than words…the images!!!

Hope you enjoy them!!!

The oil pressure valve!!! A new one! It broke!!!

[ img ]

The new one!!!
[ img ]

The new govebox compartment, made of Inox...

[ img ]

[ img ]

The wood of the back!!!
And mr. Vitorino making the forms…

[ img ]

[ img ]

The new carpets....

[ img ]

But first we isolate the floor...

[ img ]

[ img ]

The other part...

[ img ]

And this part is na exception...1200 didn’t bring it originally, but I think it will work in matter of protecting the metal from the weigh of people on the seat, because of the jumpers!!!

[ img ]

By the end, the car was like this...

[ img ]

Then...the all car covered with new carpets!!!

[ img ]

[ img ]

The details on the rugs...

[ img ]

[ img ]

And the final!!!

[ img ]

The seatbelts...i want to thank my wife...she washes and treated them very well...seem like new!!!

[ img ]

[ img ]

And for now that’s all!!!

Tomorrow I’ll bring some more news!!!

Best Regards
Mário

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:07 pm 

wow :thumbsup:
very extensive resto :twisted:

1964 hillman minx under resto at the moment
BUT DATSUN COMING AFTER THAT
FORMERLY JDM120Y

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:28 am 

Hi again!

I’m back after 2 weeks with lot of work to do!
The photos are from the previous weeks, and tomorrow because I’m on Easter holidays I’ll work again on the car! Perhaps during April the car can be finished…it just need some interior work and installing some new parts!!!
Here are the latest photos, I hope you enjoy them!!! And at the same time the first video!!! That’s right, I’ve tried the car…just a slow move, but the first time in two years…

Weirdo: Its almost done!!! But there are some details I want to change!!!Thank you!!!

Here are the photos!

I’ve added a new fuel stainer...an original one, because the other one was a generic…just to clean the system!

[ img ]

[ img ]

A new water drain was installed too...

[ img ]

And a new water connecter, because the old one wasn’t in good shape...

[ img ]

[ img ]

The heat water hose it had to be substituted because on the last time the car run it lost some water...now the water system is completely new...

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

The new door locks...they weren’t working very well!!! So I solve the problem, even considering the thieves…ehehehehe!!!

[ img ]

[ img ]

The new door groumets...they broke when I dismantle the car for the restoration project!

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

The new gear box knob!!!

[ img ]

And finally we isolate the car in this place...it didn’t make part of the car…but I think if we can add some details and isolate the car is better!!!

[ img ]

[ img ]

The new water bag...its a beautiful part...and with the car painted...gorgeous!

[ img ]

And the part from the gearbox, the extension…mine was good, but I wanted to put it new…

[ img ]

And here it is...

[ img ]

I bought a new pairo f wiper blades...all original...they are chrome, the other ones weren’t...these are the original...

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

We put the rear side window rubbers...

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

But then, some went wrong...the chrome parts weren’t in good conditions...so I’ve send them to a chrome restoration…perhaps within two weeks they are ready to hold the glasses again…

[ img ]

[ img ]

Then we move into the mechanic parts...we tune up the brakes, the clutch, the oil from the differential, the steering, the gear box…and in the end the car was ready for a walk…And I’ve tried it…

And then...the vídeo....here is the link!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-w9H9qh_k8

I hope you’ve ennjoyed the advances on the car...tomorrow I’ll work again on it...
Thank you all!!!

Cumps.
Mário

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:48 am 

Hi folks!!!

Let’s wake up this topic for the final step!!!
I’ve been occupied with school stuff and the car kept behind! But no problem! He knows I like him and I’ll make him very happy!!! Ehehehe!

Let’s talk about the things I’ve done on the car!!!

The water bag water tube…it was extremely difficult to find one from the same size!!! And it seem a normal thing!!! But for it’s on!!!

[ img ]

Then I take the old steering wheel cover, because on a photo the 2 parts weren’t from the same colour, and I didn’t like it...so I went on search for a new one...and at last I found one!!! Here it is!!!

Before...

[ img ]

Afterwards...

[ img ]

[ img ]

beautiful...

[ img ]

My rear right light had a problem, it didn’t fix the lamp...so I bought a new one!!!

[ img ]

[ img ]

On the car...

[ img ]

Then I insert the chrome pieces, they arrived home on the last week, went on a cherme process to be like new!
Here they are…

[ img ]

[ img ]

And then the rear side windows...

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

The new shockers...

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

And as last the sun protectors...(I don’t know the name)

[ img ]

[ img ]

And for this week is all...next week I think the seats will be ready, as well as the door panel...it’s almost done!!! Lot’s of details to finish the car until 16th May…I don’t know if I can be able!!!

Hope you like it…

Regards
Mário

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:44 am 

Hi folks!!!

I’m back with lots of good news!!!
Last weekend we almost finished the car!!! It isn’t yet because there are some original parts missing…essentially rubbers!!! But maybe this week (and tomorrow is Friday) should appear!!! Let’s see what happens!
We have worked on the inside, the interior metal plates, the seats, door interiors and…you’ll see…

On the 23rd May I want the car finished…I’m going to preset it on a fair…an on the 30th May I will have an encounter of old car here in Nisa, where I live! I’m organizing it…

Let’s star with the pictures!

The outside mirror was recovered by a new friend…Mr. Santana…he is an ace on painting…look at the mirror aspect…awesome!!!

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Then Mr. Vitorino started to work...He restore the interior metal plates...I couldn’t find it anywhere, that’s te reason for this work on the plates! They are like new…

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

And these photos are the ones that cost me most!!!! After all the metal work Mr. Vitorino making a hole to fix the plates!

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Afterward, I started to work!!! The gloves interior was mounted by me…Nice job, isn’t it? I have a question for you…do you know any 1200’s that carries an interior lamp on the glove department?

[ img ]

By the noon I went into the upholsterer and brought some parts...the interior and the half of the back seat!

I’ll start by the back...I don’t know the name of this part...But it’s excellent…

[ img ]

[ img ]

The plastic bolts for the part!

[ img ]

And applied...

[ img ]

[ img ]

Then a friend of mine appear on the garage to help us...Is Luís…and has a nice fu….car!!! Not Datsun, but awesome!!!

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Then the rear interior cloth...

[ img ]

Mr. Vitorino very concentrated...

[ img ]

And the final result...

[ img ]

Right cloth...

[ img ]

And some metal parts that came with the previous material from the crome...

[ img ]

...and we make na alteration to the original...we cover the interior of the door with na adhesive plastic...is to prevent dust, cold and protect the cloth...when this model appear, as some others...the companies didn’t appy such material...but I think it’s better for the car...What you say?

[ img ]

My friend Luís helping and positioning the cloth...

[ img ]

Some attention on detail...

[ img ]

Anda t last the master...

[ img ]

After some minutes, the final result...awesome!

[ img ]

[ img ]

Then the right door...we’ve done exactly the same thing...

[ img ]

[ img ]

And the car with another view...

[ img ]

The rear seat...but just half...next Saturday We’ll finish the interior...

[ img ]

This is just a nice Picture...

[ img ]

Ando n the last Saturday we join 3 old cars on Mr. Vitorino’s garage!!!

The Alfa Romeo 1600 Gt Júnior from Luís...also restored by Mr. Vitorino!

[ img ]

And this Mini, that was also restored by Mr. Vitorino…now the owner is making some changes!!!

[ img ]

And that’s all for today!!!

Next Saturday The car is done...I think!!!

I hope you liked the new stuff!!!

Thank you all
Mário

My 1200’s in Pijama...

[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:44 am 

Hi folks!!!

I’m back with lots of good news!!!
Last weekend we almost finished the car!!! It isn’t yet because there are some original parts missing…essentially rubbers!!! But maybe this week (and tomorrow is Friday) should appear!!! Let’s see what happens!
We have worked on the inside, the interior metal plates, the seats, door interiors and…you’ll see…

On the 23rd May I want the car finished…I’m going to preset it on a fair…an on the 30th May I will have an encounter of old car here in Nisa, where I live! I’m organizing it…

Let’s star with the pictures!

The outside mirror was recovered by a new friend…Mr. Santana…he is an ace on painting…look at the mirror aspect…awesome!!!

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Then Mr. Vitorino started to work...He restore the interior metal plates...I couldn’t find it anywhere, that’s te reason for this work on the plates! They are like new…

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

And these photos are the ones that cost me most!!!! After all the metal work Mr. Vitorino making a hole to fix the plates!

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Afterward, I started to work!!! The gloves interior was mounted by me…Nice job, isn’t it? I have a question for you…do you know any 1200’s that carries an interior lamp on the glove department?

[ img ]

By the noon I went into the upholsterer and brought some parts...the interior and the half of the back seat!

I’ll start by the back...I don’t know the name of this part...But it’s excellent…

[ img ]

[ img ]

The plastic bolts for the part!

[ img ]

And applied...

[ img ]

[ img ]

Then a friend of mine appear on the garage to help us...Is Luís…and has a nice fu….car!!! Not Datsun, but awesome!!!

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Then the rear interior cloth...

[ img ]

Mr. Vitorino very concentrated...

[ img ]

And the final result...

[ img ]

Right cloth...

[ img ]

And some metal parts that came with the previous material from the crome...

[ img ]

...and we make na alteration to the original...we cover the interior of the door with na adhesive plastic...is to prevent dust, cold and protect the cloth...when this model appear, as some others...the companies didn’t appy such material...but I think it’s better for the car...What you say?

[ img ]

My friend Luís helping and positioning the cloth...

[ img ]

Some attention on detail...

[ img ]

Anda t last the master...

[ img ]

After some minutes, the final result...awesome!

[ img ]

[ img ]

Then the right door...we’ve done exactly the same thing...

[ img ]

[ img ]

And the car with another view...

[ img ]

The rear seat...but just half...next Saturday We’ll finish the interior...

[ img ]

This is just a nice Picture...

[ img ]

Ando n the last Saturday we join 3 old cars on Mr. Vitorino’s garage!!!

The Alfa Romeo 1600 Gt Júnior from Luís...also restored by Mr. Vitorino!

[ img ]

And this Mini, that was also restored by Mr. Vitorino…now the owner is making some changes!!!

[ img ]

And that’s all for today!!!

Next Saturday The car is done...I think!!!

I hope you liked the new stuff!!!

Thank you all
Mário

My 1200’s in Pijama...

[ img ]

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:56 am 

As usual Mario your attention to detail is amazing, this car is literally BETTER then new.

I defintiely agree with putting the plastic sheeting behind the door cards, itll help insulate and keep rust out.

Best of luck for your show day, I think youll have the best car there for sure. :thumbsup:

1978 Stanza, undergoing track spec build.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:50 pm 

Love it, so much work and effort gone into the rebuild, this is how all rebuilds should be!

Can a moderator go through and delete all the double up posts, or at least the second set photos

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:49 pm 

:hail: DROOOOOL :hail:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:12 pm 

Hi folks!
Sorry by the delayed news…but Mr. Vitorino hurted itself with a machine working on a non-classic car…as result, my Datsun suffered some extra time for the finishing…no problem at all…Mr. Vitorino’s healt is much more importat!!!
Tha car…almost done…it’s time for instaling the last parts and try it on the road…the motor is stopped almost one year and a half and it can be a problem…I guess not…it’s a Datsun…
Let’s see the last advances…

Datto A10: Thank you...I want to keep the car original, but at he same time improving some elements...and rust definately must be out of my car...Its a nice car...thanks again! By the way I went on the meeting in my Lancia Prisma...not the same as Datsun, but I couldn't ge the car ready for it...nest time...but for sure that my 1200 will be one of the best on the meetings...

Stomey: I just went on this project because this car broke the differential 3 times, and the result is this...I want it nice...but when I started Mr. Vitorino and my friends told me...put the car as much original as you can...so I worked in the car differently, with a purpose, and I was very lucky in putting my Datsun on Mr. Vitorino's garage...and I have the same idea, all restorations should be made this way...but its not easy...I went on this project in 2007, and isn«t ready yet, its difficult to buy new parts, and a lot of money is spent...and these are some factors that people most of time make restos at home...I did it too...and we could talk about this phenomen for hours...Thank you!

SSSbee: Thank you!!!

The front seats, they went on a restoration as the original ones…and even the rollers were carefully treated…

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Then they were applied, and even its components suffered restoration…

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

The back seats now ready…and the interior is for now…there are some details I want to repair, like the buttons…air, lights, water pump and lighter…

[ img ]

Mr Vitorino working on the back protection…it was made of wood and then leather for the finishing…better than the original…I think its important because it keeps scratches away from the black…

[ img ]

[ img ]

Applied…

[ img ]

Two extra rubbers…I didn’t know they existed on this model…the are used as hood sustainers…I think is to avoid some noise…

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

The metal plates…are made of luminium and the numbers and letters are plastic…
[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Mr. Vitorino worried about the distances…
[ img ]

I cleaned and restored this part…

[ img ]

[ img ]

And the final result…

[ img ]

Then the mechanic…I changed oil, oil filter and oil seal…
[ img ]

The oil filter…also original…
[ img ]

The new oil seal…nobody will ever see it…but I know its there…

[ img ]

The pushers that were cleaned by my wife…

[ img ]

And my friend Ricardo, he also helped…he is a Nissan representor here in Portugal…Hid father keeps a 1971 Datsun 1200 S1…what a machine…83 HP…

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

I made na alteration, I inserted a rubber for not scratch the painting…I’ll change it for black, but the black one is out of stock at this moment…

[ img ]

[ img ]

The back windshield was applied…the rubber is original too, and it fits fantastic…even the chrome plate entered very nice…

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Hope you liked the advances…
And on the next post I’ll insert the videos and the last evolution…almost in the end…

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:15 pm 

Mario it looks stunning, cant wait to see more! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:52 am 

Hi friends…

Sorry for the silence obout my 1200’s restoration…it ended on the beggining of this month, August…I reached the main objective…

DattoA10: Thank you folk...Here are the latest photos...for you the last details...

Here are the latest photos and the latest videos…and a new and different life for my 1200!
It has a been a long duration restore project, it took almost two years but it’s astonishing, the car has all the original details and runs like a beast…
I want to thank you all that followed the project, that gave me advices, that commented all the steps and everyone who saw the car growing up! Thank you all!!!
Until the moment I’ve made almost 1000 km’s and next week the car will be calibrated for the next 2000 km’s and just then it will be made the last adjustments…
I hope you liked this project as much as I, and the most important, that you learned something as I did, and in third place that my project influenced more people to restore more cars…
This project was made with all my dedication, strength, patience, and I won thins like Mr. Vitorino friendship, great professional and big friend…
I want to thank my wife for all the support she gave me, and for all the bad moods I pass when something went wrong, Hugo Castelo for all the parts he get me, Luís Martins for the support, Mr. Vitorino wife, and Mr. Vitorino, without him the 1200 was not the same, Nissan dealers around the world, the ones from Portugal for helping me categorizing parts and for the searches, lots of phone calls and many hours in searching for material (microfilms and catalogs)…and all the persons envolved on the project…
Let’s see the Datsun…

OBRIGADO!

The trunk leather installed…

[ img ]

[ img ]

And finally…

[ img ]

The rear window fixed with the chrome moldes…

[ img ]

The original caps...

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

And finally…

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Then a problem occurred, the Datsun protectors had to be done again, the first ones were not the indicted, the paint started to pull off before applying, so I repeated all the process and made a repaint…I think they became better than before…

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Afterwards they were applied…fantastic…

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

The new washer bag filled up with desiled water, because the clore can damage the interior fo the bag…

[ img ]

The front lights were focus…

[ img ]

[ img ]

And we went on a ride to try it…first time complete outside the garage…I’ve waited many time for this…

[ img ]

[ img ]

After a few miles we return to the garage…

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Luís appear and help us…he went to the supermarket and bought some beers…a well deserved ones…

[ img ]

And now the vídeos…hope you like!

YouTube - Datsun 1200 - 2 anos de restauro

YouTube - Datsun 1200 - Primeiros Km's...

YouTube - 1ª volta com o Datsun

YouTube - Datsun 1200 - Fast as a Shark

The car went for the inspection centre on next Monday…no problem, it pass with no observation!
The employees of the centre asked so many questions, I spent with them more than an hour talking about aspects of the car!!!

Mr. Vitorino working on the ropes…

[ img ]

And then the voyage to Portalegre…

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

First the tyres were calibrated, and at last the steering…
Next step the inspection centre…

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

They didn’t allowed me to take photos inside, but no problem, I understand…
[ img ]

Mr. Vitorino and a friend talking…

[ img ]

After inspection a new batery was installed…the trims and holders are new too…
[ img ]

And the final…total victory…new car…
Me and Mr. Vitorino…a well deserved photo…
[ img ]

[ img ]

And the car in my garage…

[ img ]

Lefting Vitorino’s garage to home…
YouTube - Restauro Datsun 019

I want to say that this Project has not ended yet, because perfection didn’t exist. I will continue with some details…and the most important, a photographic session…
Thank you all again!!!
Mário
Ps: I’m searching for another Datsun to start a new project…I didn’t decide the model yet, but a 510 sss can be a good and nice choice, don’t know!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:14 pm 

Mario it really is an inspiration. You mustve been thrilled to drive it out of the garage for the first time (i was after my rebuild)

Congratulations! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:21 pm 

If you restore a 510 SSS to the detail and love that you have put into this 1200, then it will be an amazing car, people around the world will be envious of

Excellent job on your Datsun, you must be very proud to see the final result of all the time you have spent on it