Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

What Numberplate should i get?
KB 10 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
MYAZ 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
QUIK KB 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
QUICK KB 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 4
 Post subject: Myaz's KB-10
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:38 pm 

Ok, i have work late tonight, but i will take some pics in the morning and post them up. i recently bought 3 KB-10s for $250, and am using 2 of them as donors for the 3rd. i have posted bits and pieces of these cars around the place, but i have finally decided to keep it to the one thread and hopefully stop cramming up the topics :) i am hoping to have it done by my 19th birthday (early October), so there is a lot of work to be done! fabrication work will be done by me dad who has heaps of experience in welding and chopping etc. he made a point of telling he will only help when he isnt working on his Ecotech conversion into a Morris L3 and V8 ratrod Chev 46? pick up. i am not the most knowledgable bloke but have had some experience with a few cars already (astra, commodore, honda, daihatsu trucks, exa, hiluxs, morris L3s and a couple datsuns). if i ask a stupid question, i have already with a few things :lol: please note im not as smart as Stephen ;) i'm pretty innovative with some of my ideas, as you will soon see, but if you can look at it from a young blokes point of view. i own the only 3 KB-10s that im aware of in alice springs, something i want to take advantage of :D enough blabbering, this is what ive got ----->

What i have bought so far (with price)

3 KB-10s

1 complete with A10
1 complete with A12
1 rolling shell with spares in it

Cost: $250 for the lot

1 1971 1200 Ute

using this as a donor for the A12, gearbox and rear end. (I Have finished removing everything from the ute, it is now a shell sitting in the yard, rather useless until i drop it off to a mate)

Cost: $300

2 A12 Heads (for spares)
2 A12 Blocks (for spares)
2 A12 Extractors (will use one set, dad i think is stealing the other)
2 sets of quad throttle body carbies (motorbike ones) (will use one set, dad i think is stealing the other... again)

Cost: 2 cartons of Fosters Light ICE (a.k.a. approx $63)

2 Sets of 120Y complete front struts

1 set thrown in when i bought the ute

1 set yet to pick up (thrown in with the kb's)

1 BOSS steering wheel kit (suits 1000/1200)

Cost: $10

1 180B SSS tacho holder

Found in the back under some carpet of one of the KB's

Cost: free cause he didnt know it was there!

This coupe wont be fast, but hopefully suprise a few people. the way i am building it, it hopefully will not require an engineers certificate because the A12 will bolt straight it. As for the Northern Territory, we do not have as many rules that govern many other eastern states, so some things i may be able to get away with a bit easier than if i was in queensland.

If it's not broke, don't fix it.. Upgrade it!!!

Post subject: Re: Myaz's KB-10
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:23 pm 

Im looking forward to seeing this finished.
And as for plates how about MYAZKB?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:51 pm 

Ok, having had ozdat down over the weekend i lost interest in taking pictures, so i will endeavour to get them up tonight. As of last weekend i have taken out the rear window and surrounding chromework, as well as the back vent windows. rubber was either not there, or hardened and crumbled when i touched it. in cleaning the boot, i found some rust on the fuel tank, so rubbed it with a screwdriver (smart idea i know) and jabbed a hole in it. so now i will have to rip it out and put in another that isnt rusted from the white kb. i am aiming to have taken all the chrome off it by friday, and this will leave the weekend to take out the engine and running gear.

a quick question if anyone knows... i was looking at just bolting everything up from the 1200 ute (minus the front crossmember), and in measuring the leaf springs, i found out that they were about 50mm too long. this i think i can compensate for this with the mounting bracket, dropping it (no welding or mods, just bolting) should allow for the extra length, but i also noticed that there was about a 30mm difference in width of the leaf springs (where they mount to the car at the rear end), so do i end up redoing the mounting brackets, or do i just stick with the coupe leaf springs? i think if some welding was involved it would work rather well, and i could make it look stock with a coat of paint ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:19 am 

Pics will be up by tomorrow morning, if not sooner. i have gone for a limey green paint, with white interior. i am also trying to track down Meltrim (another thread) from adelaide but people dont like replying to emails that much. i have discovered some rust in the sill below the door, which looks pretty bad, but should be able to be cut out just fine. i hope to have the engine out this weekend as well, making way for a tidy up and removal of the windscreen and doors (not in any particular order)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:14 pm 

ok well, with extra work this week, and winning the Mens soccer final i didnt have much time to work on the coupe. i have acquired a complete dash and door trims from my donor Mitsa GSR that we originally had as a claypan car. the door trims are just over size that will take nicely to being cut down, while the dash is a good 20cm too long, so i will be chopping out the glovebox section to make it fit. i said pix would be up earlier but this afternoon i will take them, and have them loaded by tonight along with the goodies i picked up earlier this week

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:54 pm 

Here is a front on from where it first sat, its moved now, and ill post some pics up as soon as i resize them

Attachments:
File comment: Where it first sat when i brought it home
[ attachment ]
Copy of PICT1273.JPG [ 26 KiB | Viewed 950 times ]