Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:27 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:16 pm 

Engine management question guys,

I have the lastest wolf 3d and am currently using the crank trigger setup you can get from wolf themselves. Its adequate but not the best as I can't sequentially fire the injectors or ignition. Oh yeah its on a z18et engine,

so I want to put a distributor on the engine to get the right input signal from the cam (distributor runs in sinc with the cam) to run sequential injectors and ignition.

I have the standard z18et dizzy but the input (magnetic) signal from this is too weak to trigger the computer. I would prefer to bolt on a dizzy but if I have to strip the guts out of the z18 dizzy and do a transplant I will.

What nissan distributors would be suitable? I've heard e15 pulsars have hall effect? can anyone confirm?

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:18 pm 
How accurate is Hall effect? I seem to recall that it is not the best. My FJ engine has optical as OE and it is quite accurate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:47 pm 

I'm not sure how accurate it is. But I think it should do the job. Basically I want a nissan dizzy to bolt on or take the guts out of that will provide a decent trigger signal for the computer.

I've been told the fj ones are the go but I really don't think it will be easy obtaining on at a reasonalble price.