Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:08 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:45 pm 

well mine was in the 94kw mark at the wheels i was told if i fit a better exhaust i get more power straight out running a s15det turbo flywheel with hd organic extreeme clutch backed with a 5speed manual from a s13 it is also running a stock exhaust to 2inch sports rear muffler to a can non i used 3 inch induction pipe to a SAAS pod filter fuel system was stock 200b size using a s/h vl commodore fuel pump.

my engine is 165hp stock standard if your Autech is a true red top N/A with factory stainless extractors its basicly tough as a turbo with the extra squirters and different camshafts and also computer map that should be a 200hp engine. Believe me it goes hard for na in a datsun.

ps i had to get the bend in my stock semi extractor were they twist under the heatshield remove that and cut reangle it away from the idler arm im not sure about the 1600 tho. i would leave the fujitsubo extractors on..... i will stand corrected if they are a diff name.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:20 pm 

Ta for the info.

Baz from Datsport also said great things about those S15 SR20DE VVT. Tracy from Datsport has one in her race car and that they go hard. Good upgrade for a Datsun IMO.

I used your rwkw figure to approximate my potential rear wheel power output. The SR20 option is futureproofing your car - plus if the engine dies you just buy another one. Cheaper than rebuilding.

My L20B (under 2 litre) PRC rally car has 95rwkw, but probably not as smooth, cheap or torquey as the S15 option.

Cheers

Mark.

Datsun 1600/H510 PRC Rally/Road Car - L20B under 2 litre, downdraft webber, extractors, 5 speed.

Datsun 1600/H510 Classic C2 Rally Car - Autech SR20 EFI, SR20 5 speed with 3 gear close ratio conversion, 4.8 LSD.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:27 pm 

I was working there when I told barry about how gutsy the s15 motor was at the time i had trouble with importers making sure i had the right loom and ecu combo seemed at the time surprised the difference between the earlier sr20de and the vvt one i had mine up and running soon after i dont think ill go back to bothering with worked l power if it means building a 5 grand plus L series or a 8 grand conversion for sr.
just a warning there not realy interchangable parts s15 conectors are different and loom types from also plugs from early to late for the afm and ecu for example.
SO MAKE SURE YOU ARE GETTING THE RIGHT PARTS.
If you would like you loom finished off beautifully see pete at plms developments he did a fantastic job of my loom trimmed it down all sweet.
I also forgot to add my fuel was ancient aswell for the dyno test about 8 months old something like that.
Compared to your l20b im sure you wont miss the crap idle or low range rev compared the perefect vibration free sr goes nice as street bat out of hell when the foots flat i could never get that with webbers realy and the 2 stage rev power band they have low then real high with sr.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:10 am 

I was ready and willing to get an SR20 for my 180B.

It was an SR20 with a 6 speed gear box ( I think it was an S-16 ?)

Paid the money and all, but then I got washed up in a soap opera about the engine and additional crap. Lost money (did not get all of it back ) and walked away all ruffled up.

Some importers are good, many are just merchants with no knowledge of automobile mechanics , no expertise in performance parts or engine swaps, and the rest are plain scammers.

Watch out.