Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:46 pm 

my car in the garage getting ready for paint. was going to do it 2 tone but every 2nd dude has done it and for $80 more i got enough paint for the whole car so decided to paint it a nice jet black. cost me just $300 for paint thinners and clear coat. SCORE :) so began the long task of sanding it back
[ img ]
just a shot of the interior. there is not a scratch anywhere
[ img ]
factory turbo... yayer
[ img ]
had to get a new gaurd as some idiot bogan kicked it in at the diesels
[ img ]
got these rims for $200 but have some 17x8 koya drift techs on their way
[ img ]
[ img ]
factory turbo l20et with 110000km on the clock. with 14psi i got the car to a 15.6@89mph with bald tyres. not bad considering the age, size and the fact it came with 140hp standard.
[ img ]
all primered up and reary for paint
[ img ]
this was the first coat of paint but i **** it up as i had too much air pressure through the spray gun. after some experimenting i got it right
[ img ]

me and my mates started the primer at 11 in the morning and had most of the chrome back on at 11.45 pm on the first nite of the chch 4s and rotarys. just in time to go for a cruise and have a look at some sweet cars and some hot bitches.

will take some pics of the finished paint soon and will hopefully have my motor out before the next update as i have an rb20det waiting for a rebild and some massive power mods

go to this url if you love old skool jappers. this has to be the best vid on the net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU8E8kaceTY

just a pic of the rims i have ordered. they r koya drift teks in racing gold and are 17x8 all round
[ img ]

decided it was time for an update. just a small 1

just outside in blocks, in the process of pulling the motor and box out. havent been doing **** all as its too cold and dark after work and cant really be **** working on my stuff after working on trucks all day. just starting to get sum cash so will start getting stuff 4 my motor an hopefully rebuild it soon. when the motor and box is out i will put it up for sale so if any 1 is interested, leave me a pm or email me.

after painting. looks good but needs a fukn good cut and polish and rest of chrome fitted. i think its much much better than the ugly poo gold.
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

still waiting on my fukn rims as mag and turbo r really getting on my bloody nerves. this waiting will just make that day even better. if you think i should keep the old skool theme going by getting older wheels, let me know as im open to any suggestions.

if you have any recommendations as to what i should do about the interior just leave a comment. not sure wether to tidy up original inside or strip it out and just put in a cage and some buckets

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:44 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Myself I am not a fan of big wheels but without seeing them on the car you can't really tell. Everyone else will tell you to put some wide dished Jap rims on it. I'm a fan of the car though, will be good to see it when it's all in one piece.

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:12 am 

hey man nice Laurel, I saw this on DCONZ or is it from oldschool.co.nz???

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:39 am 

yeah man, im from both DOCNZ and oldschool as well as nzdatsun.com, ratsun.net and japanesenostalgiccar.com :D

im abit mad about cars and its the only way i can get my fix :thumbsup:

finally fitted my new mags to the car and damn they look sexy. look so much better with tyres on them. the only problem now is the massive gap between the gaurd and the fact i need some spacers on the front to clear my struts. just a few shots to show you what they look like. so glad i didnt get the black ones.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:07 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

It definately needs to be dropped about a foot...but then it will look sweet!

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:44 pm 

it will get lowered in the future but fitting an LSD and my rb30de will be 1st on the list

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:29 pm 

an RB30de???

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:02 pm 

yeah man, was gonna rb25/30det but everyone here is doing that so i decided to go rb30 bottom end with preferably a rb26 head with independent throttle bodies. but seeing as gtr heads are thin on the ground and hellish expensive, i might just get an rb25 head and make up some throttles etc. would prefer gtr head as factory ITB's as well as double valve springs, soild lifters and capable of high revs straight from the factory :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:11 pm 

i reckon a vh41 would be awesome with cross ram intake and some nice extractors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:18 pm 

fail :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:23 pm 

burubado wrote:
whys that man? critisism is welcome :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:34 pm 

Got any pics of the whole car. I dont think i've ever seen one of these beasts. As for that "fail" comment, you cant just say fail without explaining why. What a......... Lol.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:05 pm 

unfortuantely no full body pics. its been off the road over 2 years awaiting engine funds. once i get the engine, will upload some decent pics

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:22 pm 

dirtyleppa wrote:
burubado wrote:
whys that man? critisism is welcome :lol:
I didn't want to say because most people don't like criticism.
Seeing as you asked..

dude what were you smoking when you thought drift-teks were a good idea on a 30 year old car?
they look ridiculous, you know when you see a clown wearing those huge shoes?
I'm sorry to be rude and I'm sure you spent a lot of money on them, but for the price you could have had some classic jap wheels in the correct size, width and offset and been much better off.

2nd, the paint dude, why oh why?
your factory paint wasn't too bad, it wasn't the nicest colour but at least if you polished it up a bit and touched up here and there it wouldn't have looked like a south auckland thrash car. all you need now is cut springs and neon lights in your wheel wells...

My suggestion: get some respectable wheels (even your $200 ones could look nice if you tidied them up a bit), some s13 coilovers and some gloss on the body. Ditch the BOV - why advertise when most cars are faster?
if you keep it simple you can let the car's natural lines shine through and it will be a thing of beauty.
polish that front grill, that chrome should be cherished, this was the last era of cars before it dissapeared completely.

take a look at the cars in the vid you posted and use it as inspiration

If you don't like the suggestion i'm sorry, but you asked :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:26 pm 

i fully agree man with all you have said. at the time i got the drift teks, i wasnt really into the hole jdm/mild boso look, i hated the factory paint and i liked the sound of a BOV. my how times have changed :lol:

im still gonna fit the drift teks as i really like them, but ill probably buy some sweet jap rims in the future when funds allow. i will be going full hog on the suspension etc. the main regret i have is painting it black. i was young and stupid, but the factory colour has grown on me. i will be repainting it the factory colour in the future.

as for the BOV, i have ditched it, with the rest of the factory motor. i have finally made up my mind on a replacement engine after buying 2 different ones and having changed my mind over and over. im hoping it will be a weapon when done