Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:47 am 

dude the possibilites are endless if you can weld (which i cant) or know someone who can

sometimes you need to look outside the datto square for ideas, check out this forum, its the airbag section of VWvortex http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=1055 theres heaps of airbag builds there...
this is a good build cos its one of the older rides to be bagged mk1 golf... http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4060048

and heres a guy with a mk3 that raises his subframe (fwd) for ultimate lowness http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4165399

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:26 pm 

hey thanks, these guys got some great idea's... i've always liked the idea of bagging the rear, but been a bit dubious of the fronts.... but it doesn't seem too difficult... lol tho pics never really seem to do justice for difficulty, everything looks easy! haha, i weld about well enough to lock a diff with an arc..., but got a few mates that are pro with a tig... so shouldn't have too much drama... i want to be able to sit the rear dog legs on the ground... might go out and do some measuring... haha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:15 am 

so hows your little project going, havent heard from you in a while....you sound as bad as me for updates hahaha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:37 pm 

it's come to a slow at the moment unfortuntely... had my daily come up with a few issues which have needed a bit too much of my money...! that plus i've just picked up an old HG holden, in absolute mint, rust free condition, just needing the running gear rebuilt... so with that in the garage there isn't much room to work on the ol' datto! but for a bit of an update, i guess... lol the interior's out and stripped, all the floors are 100% rust free, not even a tarnish so i'm lucky there! while thats out i've been re running all the wiring for the stereo, and generally just clearning up whats there... seats and door cards are to be retrimmed in a cream vinyl/leather once the funds are back! but other than that i'm moving soon, so having a bit of trouble finding a place with a garage big enough to fit 2 projects comfortably, all my custom bike making gear, AND my daily driver... but i'll get there!! might get some pics up of the shell soon!!

[ img ]

'84 st141 corona wagon (daily)
'81 datsun b310 sunny (project)
'70 HG holden belmont (project)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:03 pm 

i love it, did you have thoses whitewalls done or are they whitewall tyres from new? i love the thickness of them mine were only about 10mm recon ill get it done double this time

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:39 pm 

i had them done by a guy in melbs... i can give you his number if you like? does some of the best work i've seen full stop! double lines just set the car apart from most others, you see colours and standard white all the time, but i'm really happy with how they turned out!

[ img ]

'84 st141 corona wagon (daily)
'81 datsun b310 sunny (project)
'70 HG holden belmont (project)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:28 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

lunchbox wrote:
I had them done by a guy in melbs... I can give you his number if you like? does some of the best work I've seen full stop! double lines just set the car apart from most others, you see colours and standard white all the time, but I'm really happy with how they turned out!
I'd be interested in the number as well. I know what it's like trying to fit all of these projects into one garage and trying to find space! Send me a PM if you like, since you can't be anymore than half an hour drive I might even come and have a look at the car too :thumbsup:

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:53 am 

hey buddy, i think the guy's number is 0414986263, tho i'll double check that... well i'm down in rosebud so you'd be 15mins away... and i'm always up for a hand with working on the toy!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:10 pm 

ok, so for a bit of an update, think i've finally decided to give in and convert the sunny to L20b and 5speed, i'm guessing a stanza would probably be the best place to start for parts, thinking of maybe trying to pick up a sss stanza with a fairly stuffed body, but good running gear, does anyone know what else fits, diff, tail shaft etc? i've always been more of a fan of the A series engines but i keep coming up with parts for the L series... so i think it'll be a decent upgrade while retaining the old school feel! any help or advice would be great!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:40 pm 

hay mate just wondering what you did to the grill? did you paint it silver or is it a differant chrome one? looks much better than when it was black

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:00 am 

basically it's just some chrome tape i picked up from kmart for $2.50 per 3 meter, lol a bit dodgey i kno, but does the trick, and even looks half decent up close! guess it depends alot on how you apply it and time spent etc... i'm looking at sending it away to be electroplated as i kno that a few places electroplate plastic, but i've been having trouble finding someone in melbourne...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:23 am 

hey guys, haven't really got any updates or anything, but i haven't been on here to post in what seems like forever! so figured i would! :D basically the interior is completely stripped apart from the dash, and it's all ready for some custom work, should be getting done by SOC car audio and upholstery in frankston, these guys are awesome, had something like 8 cars in the top 60 at summernats, the rear suspension is pretty much out, still at a point where i can move the car, but getting a bit closer to terra firma like the way i want it... it's getting a rear "C" notch in the chassis, overly large tubs, new diff hump, and the rear half of the trans tunnel raised significantly, this work will be done either by MMC in hastings, or DW customs in dandenong, undecided as of yet, but both do incredible work, so i'm confident either will do it properly, and make it pretty to boot! lol pretty big plans, but i'll get there slowly,

everything has kind of come to a halt with the datto tho, in the middle of turning my corona wagon into a ground pounder car audio car, and also building a sponsered, diahatsu charade competition spl car, as i'm a fair bit of a car audio bass nut! lol so both of these are somewhat draining the bank account, and my time, and unfortunately because i don't want a half assed build, the poor lil' datto gets left till last...

but i guess i'll leave some pics...

Attachment:
File comment: back end just tad low...
[ attachment ]
DSC07960.jpg [ 78.15 KiB | Viewed 1320 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: sitting pretty
[ attachment ]
DSC08548.jpg [ 104.66 KiB | Viewed 1320 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: the toys... the never ending, money sucking toys... lol
[ attachment ]
DSC08553.jpg [ 110.2 KiB | Viewed 1320 times ]
until later...
lunch.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:57 pm 

hey guys, i figured i'd give this a bit of a bump/update, as i'm running out of room VERY quickly it's getting to the point where i'm contemplating selling this as is... if anyones interested let me know, i REALLY don't want it gone, so i may not end up getting rid of it, but figured i'd see if there was any interest...

ideally i want to keep it, and have it here until i can afford the time to spend on it, but i'm currently building a full show/sound off car out of a charade, i also have the corona wagon about to get a full rebuild, and now i'm looking for a VS caprice as a nice daily... and with only a single car garage, something has to give... :(

so yes, let us know if there is any interest!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:39 pm 

c'mon... no one wants an awesome project car? this has to go peoples... can't take the sadness this induces when i look out my back window anymore... but i want to go to someone who'll love her like i do... if thats even possible... *tears

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:14 pm 

hi, can i know how u give the whiite colour on that tires? anywhere great B310!