Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:54 am 

SR20Datsun wrote:
Good luck!
:thumbsup:
Cheers. Not sure how it will go. I personally haven't used this engineer before. My fabricator uses him for all his cars and he organized it.
Time will tell.

Stu.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:51 pm 

:woohoo: and :cry: all at the same time!!

First off the engineers went great he was happy with pretty much everything! Only a few minor things to fix and then back just after christmas for him to check them and I'm good!
Pretty much what I left him to pick plus neaten wiring and lap sash belts in the rear.
The brakes came good with another bleed. I mean really good!

The bad is pulling it off the trailer it spat the clutch slave cylinder(I think can't check too dark). In short the pedal just drops, no clutch pedal and a Loss of fluid. Oh well I'll fix the things he picked and trailer it there to get checked if I can't get a cylinder in time.
Keep trucking on I spose.

Stu.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:03 pm 

:woohoo: All done and off to engineers tomorrow. It presents a lot nicer with a bit of a tub and polish. Seem to be loosing coolant. I'll pull inlet manifold off Friday after it's gone through Vicroads and check over heater tap hose clamps. It's the only thing I haven't double checked. But I'll work it out.
I'll get some reasonable photos of it on Friday late arvo at a nice spot.

Stu.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:08 pm 

All legit and legal!! Changed over engine numbers today at Vicroads.
I've fixed(hopefully) the cooling system.

Now I have a starting issue. If I leave the car for 5 minutes it's fine, but if I turn it off then try to start it again straight away it will just turn over but not start. It has spark when it won't start and has fuel up to the rail. It does it hot or cold, so I'm thinking it's either crank angle sensor/dizzy or ignighter related. Any thoughts?

Stu.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:54 am 

Sounds like a sensor to me for sure.

Btw nice 1600 :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:03 am 

BZY247 wrote:
Sounds like a sensor to me for sure.

Btw nice 1600 :)
Cheers!!

I was thinking sensor. Didn't want to start this morning, so it just copped a bump start. I had to get it to shannons early this morning. It also seems to run lean with the small exhaust on it. Runs rich at idle as it runs hot then when I pull up to the lights it cools down.
Oh well I think I'll just have to fit the haltech. That will fix the tune but I'll have to have a look at the dizzy and what I'm going to do ignition wise. Thinking of getting an MSD 6A too.

Stu.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:24 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Running issues aside, Stu has done an excellent job getting this car together. For something built in a car port, especially one in Frankston, it's a fantastic result.

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:25 pm 

green200b wrote:
Running issues aside, Stu has done an excellent job getting this car together. For something built in a car port, especially one in Frankston, it's a fantastic result.
Haha carport conversions FTW! It will be even better when it's painted(dad hates the green, it's starting to grow on me) and running a bit better. Once I've got my corolla on the road again, this will end up getting full show quality engine bay with big roller Garrett turbo with polished comp cover etc.
Enough talk more drink. Happy new year ozdaters!!! :cheers

Stu.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:41 pm 

Good Job mate.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:25 pm 

nismo4 wrote:
Good Job mate.
Cheers mate!!
It appears I've fixed the starting issue. Dang you dodgey engine earth!!
And hopefully I've fixed a small manifold leak which may fix the lean issue. I'm off to a mates shop tomorrow, to throw his lambda gauge up it and take it for a spin to see what it's doing. If it's ok I'll wait until mid Feb to pull it apart to put haltech, injectors and a 3" dump pipe/exhaust on then wind in some boost. That will give him a fair few months after that to save for new "built" engine and gt30 turbo with top mount steam pipe manifold.

Stu.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:33 pm 

Go the FJ!!!! :hail: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:20 pm 

mickc wrote:
Go the FJ!!!! :hail: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: cheers!!

Well I took the beast to sky high for a Toyota car club meet last weekend. Thermo fan switch and Cooling system seems to be working well. The handling could be improved slightly with the fitment of a rear swaybar and some adjusting of Datsport's sweet front swaybar setup!!
Only issue to arise was the quick fix on the clutch slave died just as u pulled in the driveway. I replaced it this morning and the old man took it to work today. :woohoo:

To anyone considering a Datsport fit/handling kit. Don't consider it do it!! The difference between it and the old 240k setup is out of this world. Stops great with R31 gear front and back too. Highly recomended. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:23 pm 

Update. Hehe dad and I were a bit sick of 4psi :lol: So Borrowed a mates HKS adjustable actuator. He had two spares after doing a single turbo with external gate setup for his rb26. It was running 19psi with the 2 HKS gt2530's he ran, so I thought i would back it off a fair bit before I put it on.
Fitted it and went for a drive, mainly to check the new breather setup for the fuel tank. All I'm going to say is WOW!!! Boost was fluttering from 10-8psi, I'd forgot about the overboost valve :oops: But it wasn't pinging and it goes a LOT better. So I pulled the actuator off(bearing in mind it's got a STD ecu) and just plumbed the STD wastegate actuator to the inlet manifold. It now makes a strong 8psi
and A/R's are good! :thumbsup:

All I can say is "go the FJ!!". :thumbsup:

Stu.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:39 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Sounds like your having fun with it mate :D I look forward to checking it out at the next cruise

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:07 pm 

trb012 wrote:
Sounds like your having fun with it mate :D I look forward to checking it out at the next cruise
Yeah its a good thing. I`m having too much fun actualy. wouldn`t mind doing some work on my car sometime the year :lol:
Dad and I will be attending buxton cruise, should be a good day. Be a good chance to check out your "Y". I do have a soft spot for boosted LPG!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLji7kZI ... re=related

Leave this for everyone.
I`ll try to load up the photos of the build this weekend.

Stu.