Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:52 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:24 pm 

as the title suggests.

I'm craving a fritz and sauce sanga. i go on about it at work and all the banana benders think i'm crazy or the food item i describe is non existent.

i got my folks coming up next week from SA and i want them to try and bring a length of bung fritz and some beerengerg tomato sauce (spelling) so i can make some small sangas and give them to the people here at work.

they believe fritz is like strass or devon which it is not!

devon it like eating ground up road kill anus mixed with boot - it is pretty bad

is it possible to transport food stuffs like fritz by passenger plane ie if i get the olds to shove it in a suitcase?

i think the drug dogs might go crazy in the lugguage check and get my olds thrown in federal prison for interrogation into drug trafficing.

just wanna know if anyone has done it before or who may know - airline sites dont seem to mention this...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:32 pm 

Fritz = Devon. Sorry to bust your bubble :D

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devon_%28sausage%29

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:20 pm 

So Wiki says devon is fritz...

Bit of advice - don't trust everything written on the internet especially wikipedia

Being a Victorian I can see how this concept of fritz can be a little confusing :giggle:

Sorry but my bubble is well intact.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:49 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Polish sausage is better IMO. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:18 pm 

Dan with a plan wrote:
So Wiki says devon is fritz...

Bit of advice - don't trust everything written on the internet especially wikipedia

Being a Victorian I can see how this concept of fritz can be a little confusing :giggle:

Sorry but my bubble is well intact.
Actually Wikipedia is surprisingly accurate.

http://www.samemory.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=383

http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/monitor ... D=08E30125

http://www2b.abc.net.au/science/k2/stn/ ... 37741.shtm

Pop!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:36 pm 

[ img ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:16 pm 
Old Digger

Dan with a plan wrote:
[ img ]
That's a farkin corker :rofl:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:34 am 

Agreed ive just moved up here to Gladstone QLD from SA and went to shops to do a shop got home had a bite of so call fritz (ralph) not impressed lol! Ill put an order in for for some bung Fritz for sure hahaha!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:27 pm 

i moved to Gladstone, and the closest thing i have found is "polish sausage" or "devon"

i am more disappointed that the SA state library referred to cowboy' s slamming post refers to devon, strass etc to be fritz, although it definitely is a different breed in my opinion.

devon has chunks of white in it when you look at it in profile, fritz is more of a poached paste

i might take this to fitzy at Nova to fix up the sa libraries claims, SA PRIDE!

Bugger it i am!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:46 am 

Dan with a plan wrote:
I moved to Gladstone, and the closest thing I have found is "polish sausage" or "devon"

I am more disappointed that the SA state library referred to cowboy' s slamming post refers to devon, strass etc to be fritz, although it definitely is a different breed in my opinion.

devon has chunks of white in it when you look at it in profile, fritz is more of a poached paste

I might take this to fitzy at Nova to fix up the sa libraries claims, SA PRIDE!

Bugger it I am!
I reckon you're getting Strass and Devon mixed up. Devon is a very consistent colour and texture where as Strass has the lumps of fat through it.

None of those links suggest Fritz and Strass are the same!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:34 pm 

all the devon i have seen and eaten looks like it has fatty chunks in it - kinda like salami

unles you victorians have it different down there, the devon up here is just awful and its enough to make me never want to try it agan.

because of this arguement i went to the local deli section of IGA, they had an assortment of strass, luncheon, polish sasauge, and devon, and by looking at them (cut in half and shrink wrapped) they appear exactly the same.

so i am getting very confused indeed.

nothing i have seen here represents my beloved ground up poached snout and pig skin blend which i call fritz
Quote:
Quote:
Ba-bow (family fued fail sound)

"The same as fritz and stras depending on which State you come from. Don't ask. Bung fritz from SA is the best of them."

"The same as fritz and stras depending on which State you come from..."

true they are all processed meats and are within the same family, however their methods of creation and end results are different. many of these are specific to a region hence their differences although apparently somewhat subtle.

kind of like there are roma tomatoes, big red tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes - they are still tomatoes at the end of it. some prefer one over another, some can tell the difference, some can't, and some just dont want to care

LOL, too much time on our hands me thinks - Cowboy you are alright!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:14 pm 

Dan with a plan wrote:
all the devon I have seen and eaten looks like it has fatty chunks in it - kinda like salami

unles you victorians have it different down there, the devon up here is just awful and its enough to make me never want to try it agan.

because of this arguement I went to the local deli section of IGA, they had an assortment of strass, luncheon, polish sasauge, and devon, and by looking at them (cut in half and shrink wrapped) they appear exactly the same.

so I am getting very confused indeed.

nothing I have seen here represents my beloved ground up poached snout and pig skin blend which I call fritz
Quote:
Quote:
Ba-bow (family fued fail sound)

"The same as fritz and stras depending on which State you come from. Don't ask. Bung fritz from SA is the best of them."

"The same as fritz and stras depending on which State you come from..."

true they are all processed meats and are within the same family, however their methods of creation and end results are different. many of these are specific to a region hence their differences although apparently somewhat subtle.

kind of like there are roma tomatoes, big red tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes - they are still tomatoes at the end of it. some prefer one over another, some can tell the difference, some can't, and some just dont want to care

LOL, too much time on our hands me thinks - Cowboy you are alright!
In my defence whilst giving myself an uppercut at the same time, that particular link is to a forum...not exactly ideal academic sourcing :oops: :D

Of the two reliable sources that I posted, neither mention Devon and Salami.

I reckon if you found somewhere that has some really good quality Devon you'll agree that it's the same as Fritz. However unless you get some good quality Devon, you probably don't want that horrible sh*t they serve up at most places related to your precious Fritz :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:56 pm 

When I worked for Australian air Express in a past life they had a service called 'perishable'. You lob up with yr ears lips n asshole (and MSG) mashed in a plastic sheep intestine (preferrably in a cold-packed esky) and they will chuck it on the next available Qantas flight for you. This service is airport to airport and for regular customers it's cheaper to send 2 tonne of dog meat than buy a passenger ticket, but for the general punter - well, I hope you really like fritz. Call AaE on 13 12 13 and ask them.

When working there I had a customer that wanted to do the same thing with Farmers Union Iced Coffee : D

Yeah, fritz n devon really aren't the same thing.

Tam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:15 pm 

sssute wrote:

Yeah, fritz n devon really aren't the same thing.

Tam
Jesus, why do you crow eaters refuse to believe that Fritz and Devon are the same thing >_<

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:35 pm 

N.T. classes Fritz in a league of its own :thumbsup:

If it's not broke, don't fix it.. Upgrade it!!!