Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:40 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: My Datsun 1000 Ute
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:45 am 

This is my Datsun 1000. Bought it off a mate, he had it for a couple of years slowly doing it up but get sick of it. So i scooped it up of him for $3200. So now I just have to put a little bit more work into it then its on the road! Im hoping in about a month.

Well its a Datsun 1000. Not sure on what year but round the 1965 mark. Dosen't have seat belts in it as this car came out before the seatbelt law. Gonna get some put in it anyway. Its been Resprayed in Yellow. Few little chips here and there in it just from sitting in his workshop. Interior has been redone. Its alright. Im happy with it. The Fuel Cap has been shaved and is on the inside of the tray. Tailgate doesn't come down as they were designed not to.

Pretty sure thats about it.

Engine : a12. Out of a Datsun 1200, 4 speed. Battery has been moved to the tray to give the engine bay a cleaner look.
Wheels: Black Steelies, might get some rims eventually.
Interior: Done In cream color, Seats have been reupholstered in Yellow with 2 Black Stripes.
Suspension: Dont really know what he has done with the Suspension, but it sits low at the back but he informed me that its legal because he wanted to keep it legal.
Stereo: Nothing at all. Get some speakers and a player when i get money

Future Mods:
Stereo, Rims, Cover for the Tray, then see what happens, if i keep it for a while, maybe a engine conversion, ca18 or rotary. see what happens:)

Thanks, Hope everyone likes, all comments welcome.
[ img ]
[ img ]

Post subject: Re: My Datsun 1000 Ute
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:36 pm 

hey welcome to ozdat,
nice ute,the tailgates do come done originally,I had one of these utes :wink: and it was previsouly running a 13b turbo :x
and its probaly around a 67/8 model,not sure they made them before that :?

GET THAT DATSUN DIFFERENCE!

Post subject: Re: My Datsun 1000 Ute
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:04 pm 

oo ok well thanks for clearing that up :)

yeah i wasnt to sure about the age, as theres no plates or anything on it, just could it had no seatbelts thought it must of been before that.

but thanks :)