Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:38 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Anth510 wrote:
I wasn't too pedantic about it as it's going under the car, after all.
So? What will you do when you're working under your car and want to see what you look like?

Good job on getting it all sorted out. You said your diff was a 3.55:1. What RPM does the car sit on when you're cruising?

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:36 am 

Tyrie: damn man that would have been great! ah well im sure someone else will gladly take it off your hands

Alex: the cv's are great, smooth as, even at this height. thats why i got them

Alistair: it sits at around 2100 at 80kph. cant remember what its at at 100 though, but its pretty low. i like it like this, plenty of get up and go with the fj, yet it keeps the revs down at cruising speed, perfect IMO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:43 pm 

Nice one Anth :thumbsup:

Thats looks sweet

Simon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:06 am 

DATWILLDECM8 wrote:
Nice one Anth :thumbsup:
Thats looks sweet
Simon
cheers mate :)

so last month I did 4 guest blogs for Speedhunters.com since March was "builds & previews month" and my blog is all about 'builds' after all. For the last entry I did a write-up on my own car. If anyone is keen to read about it you can find it here http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/03 ... 600-a.aspx.

The other 3 entries I did are below:
http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/03 ... build.aspx
http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/03 ... -f20c.aspx
http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/03 ... sedan.aspx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:26 am 

really good write ups anth. have you ever though about doing some freelance motoring jurnalism?

your car is looking particulary nice well done

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:03 am 

I like. Is that collage a collection of all the Datsun photo's you've collected over the years in magazines or something?

Previous Car: Restored Green 1972 Datsun 510, Hot L18

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:19 am 

Looks great Anth :thumbsup:

I used to do exactly the same when I was younger, cutting out pics of cars and making poster, I even used to draw them and make my own tweaks here and there, I remember my first encounter with a car mag and that was an old Fast Fours & Rotaries way back in 95, loved reading the articles and I have bought them ever since!!!

I know what you mean it becoming an obsession, but i think that is with every Datsun or retro car owner, like where does it stop???

Loving how you have laid it all out and hope to do the same once that day comes when the B is all finished. Keep up the good work and hope to be cruising along with you in the future....

Alex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:50 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Nice work on the writeup mate :thumbsup: Are you coming on the cruise sunday?

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:56 pm 

FIVETEN wrote:
really good write ups anth. have you ever though about doing some freelance motoring jurnalism?
your car is looking particulary nice well done
Thanks Aaron :) I guess since starting the blog my interests in writing have really increased, I enjoy doing it and it seems to be going well. Maybe one day it'll take me somewhere!
RJB510 wrote:
I like. Is that collage a collection of all the Datsun photo's you've collected over the years in magazines or something?
It's a small portion of what I've got at home, there's plenty more!
SIX-TEN wrote:
Looks great Anth :thumbsup:
I used to do exactly the same when I was younger, cutting out pics of cars and making poster, I even used to draw them and make my own tweaks here and there, I remember my first encounter with a car mag and that was an old Fast Fours & Rotaries way back in 95, loved reading the articles and I have bought them ever since!!!

I know what you mean it becoming an obsession, but I think that is with every Datsun or retro car owner, like where does it stop???

Loving how you have laid it all out and hope to do the same once that day comes when the B is all finished. Keep up the good work and hope to be cruising along with you in the future....

Alex
Sounds a lot like me dude, I was trying to find some of my old car sketches for the article but I left it a bit too late unfortunately. Cruising for sure mate! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:34 pm 

trb012 wrote:
Nice work on the writeup mate :thumbsup: Are you coming on the cruise sunday?
sorry Stu just saw this now. I doubt it, got a bucks night sat night so I won't be in any state to drive :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:37 pm 

One thing that I've always wanted in the car was a Nardi Classic steering wheel, yet I was torn between woodgrain and leather. I love the way woodgrain looks, but I was never sure of how it felt. When a leather 350mm classic came up for sale at a low price, I snapped it up regardless of the material. Understandably, it didn't come with a horn button or a trim ring, so my hunt wasn't quite over just yet.

[ img ]
The wheel that came with the car was an Autotecnica item based on a Momo design which was very popular in the late 90's.

[ img ]
Here is the Nardi as it was delivered, no rips, tears, dents or scratches, just some worn leather and in need of a bit of a clean.

[ img ]
A very handy similarity between Nardi & Autotecnica is that their boss-kits use the same bolt pattern, so a new boss wasn't needed.

[ img ]
For the sake of getting the wheel on the car, I used my old horn button and slapped a Mooneyes sticker over the logo. I was happy to be steering with the perfectly round design of the Nardi, but the look wasn't quite right yet.

[ img ]
After a bit of searching, I found a horn button & trim ring thanks to Dan from OzDat.

[ img ]
Unfortunately, the metal spacer that sits between the wheel and the boss was too small to house the Nardi horn button. I guess the similarities between the brands ended with the boss kits.

[ img ]
After a quick call to Dan to discuss my problem, we discovered that he actually needed the smaller spacer that was on my wheel, and he also had the larger one that I required. He generously drove to my work where we swapped the items over, and with that done we both had what we needed.

[ img ]
With the new spacer installed, the Nardi horn button could be inserted. Still looked a bit bare though.

[ img ]
Much better.

[ img ]

:)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:49 pm 

TUFF :thumbsup:

prev rides:
1970 datsun 1600 wp510 project SOLD
1969 datsun 1600: SIMS metal
1984 KE70 corolla:defected/crushed
1985 KE70 corolla:SOLD
1982 KE70 4AGE drift pig SOLD
1978 120Y wagon SOLD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:48 am 

Hey Anth.
Do you know where I can one of those horn button covers (including the pressed bit of metal that you initially were missing?)
I need to get one for my black Nardi Classic wheel. (I made my own at the moment)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:09 am 

you mean the ring that covers the bolts? I'm not sure mate, I got mine from Dan...just gotta put up some WTB ads on a few forums I guess

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:54 am 

Welcome to the Nardi club Anth :wink:

Nick: you can have a look though either ae86drivingclub.com.au or have a look on Yahoo auctions through Importmoster.com.au

Just have to sign up for Import Monster to browse but they offten appear and can be sent direct from JP to your mailbox since it's such a small item.

Mine came with that ring so was no big deal but IMO looks better with it on than off.