Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:47 am 

Hi.

Looking to replace the door weather seals for my 180B 2 door . I want to powder coat the side window mouldings ( factory grey in color ) and for that process I have to take the factory rubber seals on those mouldings ( running on doors and under rear quarter glass ) off the mouldings.

Also looking to replace the weather strip rubber that runs from the top of rear quarter glass all the way over the side pass and driver windows . In escence the door weather seals.

If I can not find the moulding rubber seals ( replacement ) then I can not powder coat the mouldings because the original rubber looks roasted and dry, it would crack and disintegrate before I could separate it from the moulding for the powder coating process.

Cheers.

Edit..... I was looking at "Rare Spares". They show something they call "Belts". I think those are the rubber seals I am looking for, and they show "outer" and "inner" Belts.

Sorry, I am not Australian, so I am not familiar with the term "belts". I assume the "outer" belts are what I am looking for. They show items RDB4060A as the "Quarter Belt Outer. Item RDB4061A as "Door Belt Outer"
While they specify 180BSSS 74/78 for the Quarter Belt Outer ( RDB 4060A ), they say "180B Coupe 74/78" for the "Door Belt Outer" ( RDB 4061A ).
Has anyone ever ordered these parts? Is this what I am looking for? ( outer rubber seals on external gray moulding, for both side glass and quarter side rear glass.)

Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:44 am 

Hey Jaime,

I have never ordered anything from rare Spares but check these guys out too: http://www.scottsoldautorubber.com.au/D ... 0Coupe.htm

Thay have just about everything for 180Bs, and also if you need the little clips that hold the chrome strips that go below the windows let me know since I know where to get the correct ones.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:49 am 

Hi Mate.

I was trying to see your car Domain page yesterday, but for some reason I could not enter your page, I could only get as far as your name and small pix of your 180B... :?

Thanks for your reply. I will check Scott's. I purchased the trunk seal/boot seal from him. At the same time I ordered the door weather stripping/door seals...but what I got was the "sedan 4 door ) seals. :( . I have a friend that is fixing up a 4 door, so I was able to sell the seals.

Rare Spares has those parts ( they call it belts.) Check it out in case you end up needing it. They have stores all over AU from what I saw. I will relay their reply once they reply ( if they do.)

How is your 180B doing?? Any updates? Mine will be ready soon, the rainy season is coming and I want it on the road before that, in about 2 weeks.

Cheers.

Jaime._____________________________________________________________________

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:01 am 

Jaimesix wrote:
Hi Mate.

I was trying to see your car Domain page yesterday, but for some reason I could not enter your page, I could only get as far as your name and small pix of your 180B... :?

Thanks for your reply. I will check Scott's. I purchased the trunk seal/boot seal from him. At the same time I ordered the door weather stripping/door seals...but what I got was the "sedan 4 door ) seals. :( . I have a friend that is fixing up a 4 door, so I was able to sell the seals.

Rare Spares has those parts ( they call it belts.) Check it out in case you end up needing it. They have stores all over AU from what I saw. I will relay their reply once they reply ( if they do.)

How is your 180B doing?? Any updates? Mine will be ready soon, the rainy season is coming and I want it on the road before that, in about 2 weeks.

Cheers.

Jaime._____________________________________________________________________
Hey bro,

Yeah I took it off from there since I never have the time to Update it so I've temporarely removed it till i have it finished.

Yes that can happen offten specially if you don't quote any part numbers and what not, Rare Spares mainly do GM, Ford and the like here since it's their main stream market and are able to sell much more of that kind of stuff.

At the moment it's in bits, well the whole front end is, I'm doing a SR20DE conversion atm and have so far stripped the whole front end, wire brushed it back to bare metal, stitch welded the chassy and have been doing a couple coats of etch primer and will hopefully soon get some epoxy/filler primer ready for some paint and a fitting kit from Datsport.

I just purchased yet another SSS dash (round gauges) with the centre console and centre arm rest since they were in better condition than the bits I have, and the clock actually doesn't work on mine which was another reason to replace it with a better unit and someone had etched with a nail or something the km/h numbers since it's all in mph; looks dodgy as!

check out the link on my signature for some pics; I will be updating it soon since I will be getting stuck into it again this weekend coming.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:41 am 

SIX-TEN wrote:

Yeah I took it off from there since I never have the time to Update it so I've temporarely removed it till I have it finished.

Yes that can happen offten specially if you don't quote any part numbers and what not, Rare Spares mainly do GM, Ford and the like here since it's their main stream market and are able to sell much more of that kind of stuff.

At the moment it's in bits, well the whole front end is, I'm doing a SR20DE conversion atm and have so far stripped the whole front end, wire brushed it back to bare metal, stitch welded the chassy and have been doing a couple coats of etch primer and will hopefully soon get some epoxy/filler primer ready for some paint and a fitting kit from Datsport.

I just purchased yet another SSS dash (round gauges) with the centre console and centre arm rest since they were in better condition than the bits I have, and the clock actually doesn't work on mine which was another reason to replace it with a better unit and someone had etched with a nail or something the km/h numbers since it's all in mph; looks dodgy as!

check out the link on my signature for some pics; I will be updating it soon since I will be getting stuck into it again this weekend coming.
Nice work. I can see your 180B is in the process of reinforcing the engine bay and also coating said bay .

Cool! That SR20 will add power. I will drive my 610 with the L20B for the meanwhile. Later on I am planning a 20B 3 rotor Mazda Rotary motor.

I see the round gauge dash you got, looks nice. I would like to add a round gauge set up to my 610, but I would have to re create the facia to make it work on a LHD Datsun. I really like the look of the round set up.

About rhe console, will it work with the 5 speed gear box?

Rare Spares has not replied. Scotts seems not to have those external rubber parts ( belts ).
Please let me know about the fasteners for the external trim/mouldings. I would like to get those fasteners.

Soon updated photos.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:47 pm 

Got the "belts" ordered from "Rare Spares" . If the items are as good as I hope, I will be able to strip the old rubber off and use new rubber, most important, that will allow me to powder coat the external molding, so that no rust could ever build underneath it.

Will post photos when I get the "belts" .

I was talking to a friend, I think that when I ordered "weather stripping" rubber seals for my doors, I was sold ( from Scotts Rubber ) exactly that, the door seals that run under door. My friend I wanted to sell said rubber ( he has a 180B sedan ) told me the stuff I gave hom was not enough material to cover all his 4 doors, so he opened my eyes and showed me it was meant for my 2 door coupe.

My confusion was due to the fact that weather stripping in US means all the rubber that seals...including the belts, and the rubber seal running above the window glasses / side and quarter side on the coupe. The rubber that runs along the upper edge of the side glass and quarter glass. What would be the name for that rubber part in Scotts Rubber terminology? :?:

Fortunately that rubber is still ok, not perfect but still doing its job, it can wait a bit. But I will want to get that part anyways.

Anybody tried to replace the rear lamps/tail lamps rubber seals??? ( between lamp fixture and vehicle body.)

Jaime.___________________________________________________________________

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:23 pm 

Hi.

I need help from my fellow Datto fans down under. I need the rubber seals for my Datsun 180B coupe/hardtop. Here in the states there is not a single part. I need both sides, the door/glass rubber seals ( where glass meets ceiling.) for my ride. While my car sat in the garage, some misfit dork ripped my rubber seals ( those were just ok, but now those are definitely not ok.)

I need these rubber seals. I bought a couple seals from Scotts Old Rubber, but what I got is not what I need. Too much hasle to return stuff overseas, I guess I got sold some crap.

If anyone could help me find those seals, I would appreciate. I will pay for a finders fee, just let me know, send me a pm. Since the 180B was assembled in AU, I am sure Nissan AU must havwe these parts.

Thanks.

Jaime._________________________________________________________________________________________

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:38 am 

Howzt.

What do you guys do in Australia when you need to replace old cracked and weathered rubber seals in a Datsun 180B coupe/hardtop????

Would like to know.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:59 am 

http://www.datsport.com/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:38 am 

Try DATSPORT. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:09 pm 

Thanks mates.

I just sent an e mail request to that site, Datsport. Will keep you posted.

How is your project doing SSSBE ? :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:05 pm 

Jaimesix wrote:
Thanks mates.

Not very good atm. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:53 pm 

SSSBEE wrote:
Jaimesix wrote:
Thanks mates.

Not very good atm. :cry:
No worries mate.

You know how it is, the main issue is keeping your focus. Just keep your Datsun parked in a safe place, untill the time comes to get busy. Meanwhile, get parts you will need, take advantage of the opportunities that may arise ( good deals, sales, etc ) and compile those items that , when times comes, will make your work ( on your Datto.) easier, and swift, becuae you will have most everything you need.

Cheers.