Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:10 pm 

I'm going through the process of changing ONE of the bolts in my LCA's because the previous owner changed it to a camber pin and it's not using the original bolt anymore. I'm getting rid of the camber pin and putting back the original bolt (which I had to buy).

Short story,
I managed to buy off a member here, an original 1600 LCA bolt, which without taking out my other bolt (the ONE original one in my car) it looks different on the end where the groove is machined into the larger end of the bolt. My original one has a "keyway" machined into it, with a washer to suit, and the one I received has a flat section machined off the top of the bolt thread, see pictures below (of the bolt I bought to replace)...

I've made up some washers to suit, see pictures below.

I also want to know the original setup, and how it goes together, and what the second washer looks like....

Questions:

1)
Are they what the original washers look like? Just checking before I put it togther.

2)
What about the washer that fits between the LCA and the x-member, it should fit around the step change in the bolt, What does that washer look like? It would be great to get a explanation of how it goes together, or a picture from the factory manual (I really should find myself one of those).

3)
Did 1600's come out with different LCA bolts over the years? Does this explain the reason for difference in bolts? Are they physically teh same bolt just with a different machined end? Is that what "your" LCA bolt looks like if you've ever seen them by themselves?

Pictures:
Attachment:
File comment: Machined end of LCA bolt
[ attachment ]
end of lca bolt2.jpg [ 58.18 KiB | Viewed 474 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: LCA bolt i bought and new washers I made
[ attachment ]
lca botl and washers i made2.jpg [ 68.09 KiB | Viewed 474 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:35 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Here's a pic from the factory sparee parts manual.

Interestingly, it gives two part numbers for the bolt (and for the washer) that don't interchange according to the parts list.

I'm guessing that they changed from one style to the other at some point and changed the washer to suit therefore making them not "interchangeable" as you would need to get a matching bolt and washer ?

[ img ]

1965 SP310 Fairlady
1966 SP311 Fairlady

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:27 pm 

Thanks Dave

Looks like the two washers i made are used on either side of that with no problems, looks like i'll just do that. thats exactly what I wanted thanks a lot mate!