Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:05 pm 

Hi all,

I have 6/77 build Datsun 240k sedan with C2 option pack, Red (905) paint with Black sports cloth interior, 5 speed, air-con.
All books, registration and insurance receipts plus tools and jack are still with the car.

I've had the Red Rocket for about 6 years after rescuing it from my parent's back yard. It was my Grandfathers about town car in his last years and my parents had spent some money on it for him while he was in hospital, ready for him when he came home.......sadly he went down hill from there and never drove again.
So, nostalgia being a very real and strong thing, this car is very dear to me. I also have a Holden HK Brougham that is almost identical to one that he had when I was a boy.

There is a lot more to tell but I think I will continue in the readers' rides section instead of waffling on here......

Oh yeah, I'm near Mildura in North West Vic.

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
P1170108 email.JPG [ 730.75 KiB | Viewed 2743 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:49 pm 

I'm not sold on the wheels but that is one very tidy car!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 am 

Hey Therre
Well, the names Ben, and i've been a car nut for god only knows how long. Anyway, when i was a young pup my parents had a bluebird that Mum tried to drive on it's roof. So, we got given an old Datto 260c Sedan with all the fruit that was the family ride for a while. Now fast foward to around about now. I'm cruising around in a commondore ATM, but i ran into an old friend who used to get about in an old 260C Wagon. We get talking. he tells me he still has it, i comment that if he ever wants to offload it....... And the next thing i know it has been given to me! LOL Full grandpa-spec. haven't got pics atm, as i am still to get it home, but i do have the owners manual, *AND* The original rego remewal papers!!!! She's got a couple of spots of surface rust, and a ding in the drivers guard, but it's suprisingly straight! still running the original block too! I'm gonna do it as a semi resto/custom. interior is top condition also. Will start a thread on the rides section once i get it home!

CURRENT TOYLIST

1999 Commondor Berlina (Daily)
1977 H330 260c Wagon (Work in progress)
Daihatsu Delta rat rod (Awaiting AU Falcon motor conversion)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:05 pm 

Hi all my name is John. I'm a newbie here and to the datto scene, I have always been a holden fan/driver (v8's mostly) recently I have been getting a little bored driving around in such a common car and decided a change was in order, I found a nice 82 stanza for sale very straight and original looking except for 16" Simmons B45's and 3" exhaust original cream and black interior is all there it's a great looking little car, the engine on the other hand is not what datsun had envisioned for this little car it's an fj20et on 14 pounds of boost :) man am I a happy camper :) my little street sleeper datto is a monster and I think I'm in love LOL!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:47 am 

Shifty wrote:
I'm not sold on the wheels but that is one very tidy car!
Thanks Shifty 8)
The mags were freebies and were put on so I could get the original rims repainted, which they are now and await having their rubber stretched back on. Have the original centre caps and chrome trim rings also.
I'll take some fresh pics when the wheels are back on.

Attachments:
File comment: Fresh rims
[ attachment ]
P1060948 email.JPG [ 85.73 KiB | Viewed 2697 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:17 am 

Brian here saying hello from New York. I've been lurking and drooling over your site and a few others over the past year and about 6 months ago I found my first 510!! Had a few problems in the beginning but after the last 5 months I've managed to get her road worthy and love every sec of it.
Here's a "when I brought her" and current pics...
Has an l16 with a few pieces on her but that's all about to change...
[ img ]
[ img ]

Future plans are...
Paint
Put back together...
Srdet this fall.
Drive
Enjoy!!

So far I replaced or changed/upgraded

280zx front struts/brakes/master cylinder/
Ground control coil overs on 4 corners
Kept the old school camber plates:)
Wannabe replica 15x8(0) wheels new tires
Rear bumper(front is being redipped as I write this)
Nos tail light bezels
New tail light lenses

Found some great an useful info here and just want to say thanks!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:12 pm 

Hi Brian
Nice looking car you have there. You US guys are lucky to have the 2 door models! Wish we had them in reasonable numbers - they were never officially sold by Nissan in Australia.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:40 am 

Thank you, I did not relize that about 2dr in Australia...
After buying and now researching and looking at so many 510's...I'm starting to like the looks of 4drs just a tad more. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:48 pm 

Hey everyone, another newbie haha. I've got a 180b gx, which i'm currently working on getting road worthy again. Been looking at this site for a month or so, loving the datto's i'm seeing, Hopefully i can get mine looking as good as some of these!

anyone have spare 180b parts around atm? posted an add in the wanted section not sure its come up yet,

cheers!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:15 pm 

Gday OzDats,

Just joined the forum. In hope will find a 1600 soon and can participate on here along with sometime (if I can find suitable 1600 shell) a build thread from pacific gold to pacific pearla:-)

Will keep updates flowing if I can manage to find & start it, so until then thanks for ozdat site and everyones contribution of info that will have me reading.

Cheers guys.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:12 am 

Hey Guys,
Chris here from Qld, New member and also new to rebuilding on cars, I am willing to read/learn and take whatever advice you guys have out there, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Was lucky enough to be given a complete Dato 1500 620 ute, Looking forward to learning heaps and fixing my beast up over time :D,
Thank you for letting me join and hopefully 1 day i can return the favor on some info

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:46 pm 

Hey all
Adam here from Moree NSW. And also a moderator from aussiebluebirds.com

Just thought I'd start up an account here because there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here that i can acquire for my own benefit.

My car is a 910 Bluebird, SR20DE+T(non-turbo motor with turbo added) fully stripped, S13 coil overs all round, converted to disc brake rear end, fully custom fuel system. And heaps more jewellry that I can't really remember at the moment. I'll throw up a members ride section when i have the time. I've just had a 2nd child and my first is not quite 2 so i don't have much time for much lately.

Thanks for letting me in :wink:

...smoke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:44 pm 

Hi alall
Erin here newbie to the group! Joined up for all the knowledge that's floating around

Two datsun projects.
First one 85 1200 ute. Currently stripped to bare she'll. Repairing body and mods. Ca18det being put in as the daily driver. Hoping to have it bagged eventually. Simple but clean

Other project is a 71 1200 sedan. The real time consuming one. It's going to be the track car. It's also currently stripped to bare shell but a lot more work to go into it. Tubbed and full custom front end and roll cage going in. Diff and brake upgrade to accommodate the blown 308 being dropped into it eventually.

So yeah short stories on my pride and joys trying to build a name for the datsun girls out there!

Cheers guys

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:48 am 

Hi, my name is Paul and I'm new here.
I just brought a datsun 620 ute and will be slowly turning into a awesome ride
I hope!! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:23 am 

Geatings from the United States! My name is Richard, I live in Denver Colorado USA. I own a 1989 Nissan 240sx curently with a high compression normally aspirated engine and lots of suspension mods. I came across this site a long time ago and got some great info, however it wasn't until yesterday that I returned via a search for hybrid KA's. I'm glad I refound this awesome site and hope to find more info on a future build. Thank you all ahead of time and thank you all for the info you've already provided!