Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:26 am 

Hi all,
My name is Aaron and i am new to Ozdat but i have been around on other forums for years. SAU, JDMST, NS.com etc.
I used to own the purple 1600 (KOPDAT) 10 years ago. Some guys may remember it in Melbourne?
Anyway i just felt it was time to get back into a Datto so i sold my S14a which i built over many years.
A few guys will probably know this car also. (Greens14)
Anyway i am on the hunt for a rolling shell so i can start my new project, so please let me know if anyone knows of any good examples around.
cheers
Azz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:37 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Azzdat16 wrote:
Hi all,
My name is Aaron and I am new to Ozdat but I have been around on other forums for years. SAU, JDMST, NS.com etc.
I used to own the purple 1600 (KOPDAT) 10 years ago. Some guys may remember it in Melbourne?
Anyway I just felt it was time to get back into a Datto so I sold my S14a which I built over many years.
A few guys will probably know this car also. (Greens14)
Anyway I am on the hunt for a rolling shell so I can start my new project, so please let me know if anyone knows of any good examples around.
cheers
Azz
Welcome mate loved your s14 on jdmst good luck with your 1600 hunt :)

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:25 pm 

Thanks mate. Looking forward to getting stuck into it!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:05 pm 

Hi guys, I have been a Datsun fan for a long time, my first car was a 1981 Datsun sunny coupe I had that car for a ripe old 2 weeks hit a roo followed by a tree, I was gutted that my ride was toast. I then went on to oen a 1978 200B, which was the top model with A/C, some wonderful person had fitted the interior with a SSS dashboard and gearbox, I had that old girl up to 175kmh before she started dancing that was the first and last time that I tried that sort of speed. I loved that car for many years until I could no longer keep up with the rust.

I have found myself in a rather strange situation where I have stumbled across three very strange vehicles, I have posted a question in the technical section regarding a couple of circa 62 dual cab Datsun 1200 utes and I also believe that we have the first station wagon sold in the country. I am going back to this undisclosed location 8) to get some chassis numbers on the wagon to prove heritage but I have absolutely no idea regarding the utes. Any info would be great.

Oh I'm Scott btw, nice to meet you all

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:26 pm 

g'day all.
im mitch from melbourne

Iv also become a member of ozdat as well as a proud owner on a 72 datsun 1600!!
bought the shell at a resprayed state with a few mods.
sr20 mount conversion
r31 front struts
adjustable rear shocks.
and a few other things too
im up for any tips for order of build, what before what, and maybe even good places to source parts!

Already i have felt the warm welcome by fellow Datsun enthusiasts, and look forward to scrolling through all the forums and general discussions.

cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:10 pm 

Hi,
just came across the forum as I am starting to look for a classic Datsun. Saw a black 240K at a show in Melbourne with a skyline motor in it and thought I would like to have one. didn't realise how difficult it is going to be to find one.

Have owned a R33 GTR in the past. I like all classic cars and currently have a Torana with a 355 motor and am restoring a 50's chevy truck at present.

If anyone knows of an early Datsun coupe for sale, any condition let me know.
steve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:18 pm 

Hey Guys,

I'm Rhys, I've been a big Datto fan for as long as I can remember!
My favourite by far is the 1600 sedan then probably 1200 coupes and 1200 utes!
I'm only 19 and lots of people are surprised I'm into all the classic cars but it what I was brought up around and it's what I love!
I currently own a 1977 Leyland Mini which I'm building a 1275 engine for but once that's done I'd like to get a 1600 to build up as a bit of a track car and start getting into racing and motorkhanas etc!
So if anyone in Tassie has a good 1600 shell or complete car cheap let me know I'd be keen to check it out!
Cheers, Rhys

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:14 pm 

Hi everyone Damo from Melbourne here just signed up last night I've worked as a mechanic for ten year full time and another 5 privetly worked for Mazda for 2 years nissan for 2 year and ultra tune for 6 years allways loved jap cars above all else. Worked on many cars in my time but not so many datsuns sadly till the start of this year when one just fell in my lap and I've fallen in love with them spent the whole year reading up and researching them everyday since then wish I knew what know now about datto at the start of my appentiship love how much you can mix and match them with other moden cars they are a mechanics dream car.Been buying cars and parts for them is whole year and have built up quit a collection of parts already and still chasing what ever can find to be salviged. I have a 120y and Starting pa-10 stanza project i just bought, posted a tread last night in general discussion as I hadn't see the intro page till today please have a look if you find the time as ill be happy to help out any Datto nuts where can along the way any feedback on my stanza project would be much appreciate look forward to networking with you all cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:51 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Hi everyone,

Barry here and the proud owner of a '69 Datsun SR311 2000 that I've named Audrey. I have owned two others (a '63 and a '68) in the early '80's and especially regretted selling the '68. The first Datsun I ever bought was a new '73 1200 sedan.

I am a member of the Datsun Sports Owners (NSW). I drive my Datto often, even drove it to work today! I'm nearly 60 and often get young Datto enthusiasts, and others, coming up to chat and comment. Recently I had two young blokes in a 1200 ute engage me in a conversation. We had a funny moment when I told the 20 something owner how I'd had a sedan version of his Ute and it turned out he'd paid the same price for his Ute as I'd payed (about $2,000) for my sedan. We laughingly concluded that his car had held its value! Basically I've met some great people because of owning a Datto and am looking forward to meeting more here.

Attachments:
File comment: Check the misspelt street sign
[ attachment ]
Today 001 (480x640).jpg [ 249.3 KiB | Viewed 3489 times ]

'69 Datsun SR311

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:03 pm 

Hi fellas,
Been trolling around ozdat a while now and thought id finally say g'day!
My names Luke and I'm from Newcastle. And I've got myself a little Datsun 1600 with a ca18 in it.
Anyways thanks guys!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:09 pm 

Dataylor wrote:
Hi fellas,
Been trolling around ozdat a while now and thought id finally say g'day!
My names Luke and I'm from Newcastle. And I've got myself a little Datsun 1600 with a ca18 in it.
Anyways thanks guys!
Welcome. Pics? Specs?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:58 pm 

It's a 71 1600 with a built ca, disco potato, cooler, injectors, haltech ecu, koni suspension, rx7 front and vl rear brake upgrade.
Just need a new diff as still running standard r160 (which is holding up remarkably well I must say!), some more boost now as the engine is run in and a new tune! But funds are killing me being Christmas and all.
Will dig up some pics and figure out how to put them up soon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:05 pm 

Ok heres a quick pic I it took today. Hopefully I managed to figure out the pics thing!
[ img ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:48 am 

Hi all,

I'm quite new to the ozdat forums as you can tell but i have been an
avid datsun fan for some time.
the car i completed my 120 hours for my L plates was an old rusty 1972 (i think) datsun 260z it was beige in colour
but Ferrari red in the heart. unfortunately now i'm a red P plater who has no respect for road rules and a hoon according to most.
The car i currently own is a 1992 mazda mx-5, it's absolutely bone stock British racing green and tan leather interior but if the datsun 260z
was still around id much rather use that. From the age of 10 i was competing in go-kart comps around Victoria, id only ever got one pole position but it was a 1st place so cant complain, and i would like to get back into racing again but i'm not exactly loaded with money.
but the main reason i've joined OZDAT is that sometime in the near future i would like to get my hands on a z car preferably a 2+2 that has been molested e.g fender flares and a l28 of sorts i'd hate to put flares on an original, and one day i would like to rebuild it and run it in a targa rally.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:27 pm 

Hey guys,

My name's Dave, I own a '81 720 tray back and recently purchased an '81 200b wagon.
The 720 has wider wheels and everything else is mostly stock it's also my daily. The 200b is also 100% stock but not registered and it needs a lot of work.

My goal is to restore the 200b and one day put an SR or RB in it along with better steering/suspension etc.
I know a bit about mechanical stuff but not enough yet, I have family members to help out and give advice and I really want to learn more off this forum.

I will start a build thread when I really get stuck into the 200b

I've been looking around the Ozdat forums and others for a while but any suggestions/hints/good threads to start with would be most appreciated!
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
IMG_20131020_101723.jpg [ 1.52 MiB | Viewed 3335 times ]
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
IMG_20131112_074126.jpg [ 80.51 KiB | Viewed 3335 times ]
Thanks, Dave