Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:31 pm 

hey all, much closer to registering wagon, taking a while but can see the end now. any how, i have 200b struts up front and was wondering what others have used as spring and shock combos front and rear. i will b using car daily, yet still would like a pretty firm and lowered, yet not speed bump scraping ride. my ex sedan which, RIP is rusted away on the heap, was using pedders heavy duty shocks and cut 240k heavy duty rally springs was awesome, cornering was like a go kart, but pretty damn brain vibrating. something close to this would be good. any one with proven legal setups?, i would love to hear from.
cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:30 pm 

my old 1600 wagon, I used 200b front struts with chopped down hz kingswood springs and had every second spring in the rear reversed.it handled well (except for bumps in the road)but was bad for my back as it was a bit too stiff.

GET THAT DATSUN DIFFERENCE!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:39 pm 

i used to run early 1600 struts (the shortest ones) with Monroe gas shocks at the front. The rear had standard sagged springs but with Hilux? shocks. Was great for the street.

If i had to redo it i would use cut down 200b struts or R31 struts up front (for extra travel) with what ever shock you prefer and a big front swaybar. Rear would have reset leafs to match front ride height and same shocks as before...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:10 am 

try using spring from a early datsun Ute.The center pins are different so you may need to drill it out. don't use the main leaf just the helper leafs. you need to be patient it could take a wile find a set up you like but it will be worth it.