Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: 510/610 rear coilovers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:41 am 

Hey all,
just want to make sure....
510 rear suspension is the same as 610, correct?

Thesefore, these should fit?
http://datsun510.com/shop5/product_info ... dd49cfec49

some pretty good parts on that site...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:18 pm 

I thought it was fairly different with spring mounting points having alot more leverage on them in the 510 (so you'd run much heavier springs to get the same result in ride on the 51).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:40 pm 

From what I have seen the crossmember is slightly different, the centre part is the same but the mounting points are on a slight offset and I think, but don't quote me on this the arms may be a tad different, because if you ever pay attention to a lowered 1600 compared to a 180b the B has way more neg camber than the 1600....

with regards to the coilovers they should work 100%, just that its a bit of a rick running them on the stock shock mount on the control arms since that arear is not beefed up to cope with the extra load, if you look at R30s, S12 (irs) and 200B (irs) that same section is beefier since they run rear struts. IMO to get the best reliability would be fitting R30 arms and a modified DS rear camber,toe kit and then bolt up these coilovers.

Also may pay off to strengthen the top of the body where the shock rod comes through in the boot, but I don't see it being such a problem since its double skinned from factory, tho stitch welding wouldn't go pear shape either....

Alex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:45 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Have you contacted them about there products??? I think I emailed them about shipping stuff to Australia and they Said they won't send stuff out of America. It was a while ago, and I was emailing quite a few shops over there but I think it was them.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:27 pm 

Thanks for the input, so not really much point bothering with them then i guess :P
i was just interested because they are a pretty decent price..
I could get an american to send it to me if need be.. but a bit silly not sending internationally - especially with the market limited to the small number of 510s in america...

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:37 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Definetly check yourself, but I'm sure it was them that said they wouldn't send them. Troy ermish rear coilovers are around us$500 and he will send them to aus.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:52 am 

The only other question is will you tracking your car???? This point has been argued many times and if you juat want to lower it a set of the right height spring shall do with matching shocks.

IMO coilovers are only good for ppl who need to alter the height of their car on a repeptitive basis, i.e. Track cars since they can adjust height according to the track they're racing on. I'd be more than happy with Baz's package which wors well and many cars out there are running this, otherwise if you're real keen look up TechnoToyTuning.com they have some coilovers and will ship to Aus but shipping wont be cheap!!!!

Other thing is that the design on them is not the best yet ideal.....