Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Re: sixtwenty daily
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:53 pm 

utes ok :D got defected a while back. i got lost in st albans after visiting a closed carb shop that was sposed to be open. undercovers pulled up, displayed their contempt and disgust (which made me smile, makes me want to annoy them further), one officer tried the old ill hunch over and look tough so ill intimidate you (nope.jpg), asked if there was any steel in the car (apart from the full chassis, no officer, whats steel?), asked if i thought a cabletied numberplate was roadworthy (never mind being 20mm from the ground, stretched tyres and a leaking exhaust)

i grinned and beared it, it does look dodgy regardless of how it actually is and i cant expect highway patrol to know much more than how to fill out red forms

i was between jobs at the time so i got it home ok and started making it stock to pass rwc, then realised it'll need the J back in it which wont pass vicroads, so it sat there for a bit. engineering the L would cost more than i had at the time so i organised another car quick cos i had some solid job interviews coming up

went for and got a sweet job since then, ute has sat in the driveway :( it'll get the FJ eventually but since time has been tight cos working full time its been tricky to do. id thought about how to reduce police attention and figured bodywork would probably solve the problem, given as long as paint looks ok most people seem to think the cars awesome underneath. id thought about colour changes and other stuff but that kind of work tends to need space that i cant really take up any more given im working full time. that problem will eventually be alleviated though

a few weeks ago i hit heathcote with a mates car that i worked on a little and it ran 12.6 which was cool, that sorta inspired me into doing more with the cars i have, so a couple mondays ago i thought id keep the ute on ice and bring another car back. one that i was kinda supposed to do long before i ever knew what 620's were

its a cressida and its had a z30 1JZ and auto, now its getting an x100 VVTi IJZ and an a70 R154, for now im going with that instead of the ute mostly since its just an engine conversion that requires little in the way of custom, which means i can hack at it hours at a time and not take up acres of space doing it. should be done quicker too, ive got lots of bits for it already. also good to free up some space and get another immobile car going again. so ill slowly get through that and see how we go

more pics are in the other build thread if you want, i keep forgetting about this one. ill put some of the nicer ones in the next post

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:00 pm 

gripshiftslide one;
[ img ]

jccs
[ img ]

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

[ img ]
[ img ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 am 

:)

1999 GXE10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:59 pm 

updates gaz?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:45 am 

nothing really :(

work got in the way originally, then the car im currently driving needed work, then start of this year i moved out to a place that has the room for the cars but not really anywhere to work yet. ive got a shed in the works that'll solve that problem nicely and once thats done itll get 15A and 25A power so i can get back to work

ive just gotta wait till i can get it happening, shouldnt be too long i hope

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:02 pm 

updates?!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:46 pm 

Nice. I remember this from the cruise and your shifter broke yeah?
Shouldnt be that hard for engineering.
Get lost in preston and your asking for a defect.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:21 pm 

moved in, sheds more or less bought just waiting for council permits and delivery now

slowly getting there

edit yeah broken shifter :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:51 pm 

and again?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:04 pm 

slabs done, getting there slowly. weather was holding things up for a bit, and its windy as sh*t at the mo so putting it up/sheeting the shed might be held up a little too

but its all bought and paid for, sheds in pieces waiting to go together, slab needs to wait a bit before i can drill it

[ img ]

looking pretty nice out there, cant wait :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:01 pm 

Nice! What's the stats on the shed?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:58 pm 

sorta gunna be half for cars half for fabrication

9m across x 7.6m long, but american barn style so taller in the middle (4.1m or so). good for a hoist and i worked out its a comfortable height for a mezzanine too

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:52 pm 

Nice one.

1999 GXE10

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:15 am 

Gary510 wrote:
sorta gunna be half for cars half for fabrication

9m across x 7.6m long, but american barn style so taller in the middle (4.1m or so). good for a hoist and I worked out its a comfortable height for a mezzanine too
This is relevant to my interests. I was set on a 6x9 but thinking of increasing it to 7x10 but with regular roof height. Can I ask who you bought the shed through? Fair Dinkum has impressed me the most so far. Also what arrangement are you using for roller door(s)? Sorry for all the questions.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:43 pm 

its cool man i had heaps of questions i needed answers to

for shed design, took me a while but i used google/trimble sketchup to lay it out. great program to get accurate development without actually building it, the design has changed heaps since. everything from standard shed to a barn, from 12x10 to 8x10 to 7.6x9, to different places in the backyard. this is what im going for now;
[ img ]

i went with B&G sheds over this way, the dude who owns it used to put them up and could answer a lot of questions i had at once which was good. i was close to going with shed bonanza but they tacked on an extra $300 to the quote the next time i went in for a chat, plus the guy couldnt really advise on what sort of slab to use for a workshop. i was quoted by ranbuild, they were easily the most expensive and i didnt know why, also quoted by safety steel structures who were cheapest but wouldnt let me dynabolt the shed to a slab. their only option was to cast the frame into the slab (guarantees them the concrete job, and putting the shed up too)

the roller door is 2.75m wide by 3m high, i had the option of up to 3 doors at the front if i wanted but i only needed one. i didnt get access doors cos ill work that out myself i think. after final inspection heh

the slab is 6" thick for the middle bit and 4" for the left and right bits, F82 reo mesh and 25mpa concrete. bigger reo is always good and it doesnt cost a lot more. i could have gone higher mPa but 32 and higher is used for truck access which is a bit excessive for what i need