Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:08 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:44 pm 

looking for someone to help knock up a some window supports..

i.e. these...
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
DSC027697.jpg [ 129.79 KiB | Viewed 1408 times ]
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
DSC027679.jpg [ 143.09 KiB | Viewed 1408 times ]
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
DSC0276610.jpg [ 133.9 KiB | Viewed 1408 times ]
fromt what I can see, i need some channels made to the right length and width to hold a new seal and glass...
and the existing "brackets" to be removed of these, cleaned up and tacked on to the channels in the right position.

i will then have them zinc coated, rust treated whatever is needed....

anyone on here do this sort of thing for a living, or can you point me in the right direction???
even if you know where i can buy some channel that I can cut to length, etc. etc...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:57 pm 

Normally Id say yeah i can do that sort of thing, but it looks like of lot of work would be required to make one up. And Unfortunatly I dont have alot of spare time at the moment. What area are you in?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:25 pm 

i'm up past joondalup... if you're busy that's cool, i have a few ideas anyway

i don't think it will be as hard as it looks... all the brackets are tacked on where the tabs slot over the U-channel, so it's really a case of
measuring up lengths, and where each bracket needs to sit in relation to the channel, taking the old ones off (which I can do after measuring)
and finding some U-channel (or bending some up), tacking on the new ones in the right place.
it's only the U-channel that's farked... and i measured it today, it's 20mm deep, 8mm across on the inside, metal seems to be about 1.5mm all round.

i'm going to call a few steel places tomorrow if i get time at work and see if anyone sells channel in those dimensions or close. i saw some aluminium
channel at bunnings today, but it's only 12x12x2mm ... it could work, but not sure if 12mm is deep enough to hold the glass with a seal in there too.

the other option is retrofitting something like a hyundai excel cable regulator... i know from working in spare parts how they work, they use two plastic
"grips" that the glass sits in, the plastic grips have metal eyelets that a bolt goes through to hold it to the regulator. the regulator is pretty much an
upright that bolts top and bottom, which shouldn't be too hard to make fit.. plus, they are cheap, and three supersessions/revisions later, they don't
break like they used to. :)

here's a pic of an excel one.. it has one bolt at the top, two at the bottom, and that white bracket thingy on the top right of the pic is where the glass
grips attach to... only thing i'm not sure of is the bend of the reg and how it will work with the shape of the 1600 door.
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
windowreg.jpg [ 3.94 KiB | Viewed 1392 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:09 pm 

the window runners are actually easy to make, i made a set for my 1200...all you do is drill out the spot welds from the brackets and make a u bend from steel and reweld those spot welds paint and your done

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:24 pm 

that's what i was thinking.. so you just bent up some metal... who can I get to do that for me? i don't have the tools or the contacts...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:45 pm 

i could normally but im flat out at work..only 2 weeks left till im on holidays so im working like there is no tomorrow

Post subject: 1600 struts
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:46 pm 

Hi There,

Are yu in the market for some Front Struts, I have some Mad Dat ones that have done 2 Tuning days at Barbs and a Hill Climb, The only reason for selling them is I'm sticking to the dirt for a while.

Let me know if you need some tarmac spec struts with adj tops and short kyb's and 250lb springs with adj platforms

Cheers

John

0408 315 720