Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:14 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:43 pm 

So,
The first part of my barrier exam is on friday but for some bizarre reason i decided to take a full day off study and get stuck into the car... My shiney new radiator had FINALLY arrived and i was keen to get lots of odds and ends done.

So here they are :P

[ img ]
Car gets a big smiley face after too long of being toothless... this puts me back on track for getting the MS back together and started. Sorry for the delay there.. I might take a film when we do, its gonna be on open headers so it should be a good one to do in the early hours of the morning.
Anyway, the radiator looks to be a pretty good product for an ebay unit and fits snuggly in between the rails with about 1-2cm clearance on either side.

[ img ]
I decided to weld some mounts directly onto the upper radiator support. I'm unclear if that needs to be ""engineered" but it surely will pass mustard. looks pretty neat me thinks, last time i did this it was a fair bit dodgier :D I havent even tightend all the bolts up and you could hang a gorilla off it fairly sercurely, nice and stiff :D

[ img ] [ img ]
I am getting really sick of staring at a F&*ked up engine bay with holes and grot near the fenders so i cut out 2 of these little panels to block off the holes and neaten things up... the one on the passenger side will also function as a cold air box (NA) and a conduit for turbo pipes. I'm thinking i'll either paint them body colour or polish the steel and clear coat it... votes anyone?

[ img ] [ img ]
oh yeah and did some more work on the interior which still has a bit to go but is coming along nicely. The near parcel shelf i fabbed up yesterday... too bloody easy that job! :D looks clean me thinks: MDF, a bit of felt and a staple gun

Well.. thats me for this week... expect not much to happen till after my exam at the end of the week then a flury of activity the following week during my short mid year break.
Also planning my japan trip for the end of the year atm... w00000 nippon craziness! :D

K.I.R. internetland

-Bo Peep.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:55 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sick as bro!

Polished would look a bit woggy, painted would look like its meant to be there.

Lookin good, the radiator overflow points in the wrong direction though.....now that's a REAL BIG problem Pete...think you can handle it? :giggle:

Later!

:cheers

PS Nice head (avatar).....more pics of that please.

'Nissantiques - Join the Club'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:13 pm 

:oops: ohhhhh nooo! :lol:

ordered a shiney overflow bottle today... dont have the original so i'll just have to do with a polished aftermarket one :wink:

Actually i was also thinking of moving the battery to the boot to clean up the bay and make room for radiator overflow, oil catch can and excessive pipework.

Also: Idea i've had for a while with turbo piping: if i want to cross the engine bay pre intercooler i still wanna reduce picking up ambient heat from the radiator air pushing straight onto it - I was thinking it might be a cool idea to make some insulated piping by layering some plumbing PVC inside a bit of 3' alloy pipe. I think that would significantly decrease the heat conductance of the tubing being blasted with radiator air.... or am i getting way to finiky? :P

Anyway.. thats a bit ahead of where i am.
When you gonna come around buddy? needing some cedric love in the east :)

Do you know a vendor that could hook me up with a collar for my oil filter so i can run an oil cooler?

Head is still a while from ready to be displayed :P needs the unshrouding finished off, valves and lash pads dropped in as well some more agressive exaust porting ( :? )

Anyhow. Back to study.
Be well.

_pete.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:28 pm 

Car looks fantastic pete,I'm really enjoying watching progress.Pitty we dont have more coupes over this side of the ditch.

Keep the pics coming :cheers
John

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:52 pm 

John!
Good to see you made it over here! Did you ever source that back window in J-land? can I be of some further assistance there? I'm gonna be in Japan in january if you're still chasing it then...?

For anyone who hasn't seen john's masterpeice here's shameless plug...(bring a towel)

http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10

Back at home: Things are going good. I lost a couple of days to sleep debt recovery but and back into it now and have welded up the wheel well etc... Plenty to come :D

-Pete

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:14 pm 

Got my old camera drive working so here's a quick montage of progress over a few months.... wheeeeeee

[ img ][ img ]
[ img ][ img ]
[ img ][ img ]
[ img ][ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

well.. that was fun wasnt it? It takes so little time to look at the pictures but months of work to do :P

Oh.. and this one is the icing on the cake, taken today :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76OfewiCV0A

Stay clean,
Pete

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:22 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

OOOOOOHHHHHHH, very close now, and he runs!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Your car looks fantastic Pete....a credit to you and Michael on the work we see here.

:thumbsup: :cheers :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:49 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

This thing is LOUD!!!

Have a look at those twin pipes!!!!

As we discussed, a bit dropped at the front is the only thing I can see about the way he sits.....easy fix. :thumbsup:

Looks great Pete, well done.

:cheers

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
2010-09-05 014.jpg [ 78.3 KiB | Viewed 3534 times ]
[ attachment ]
2010-09-05 011.jpg [ 1.07 MiB | Viewed 3534 times ]
[ attachment ]
2010-09-05 010.jpg [ 87.74 KiB | Viewed 3534 times ]
[ attachment ]
2010-09-05 004.jpg [ 49.08 KiB | Viewed 3534 times ]

Last edited by ozconnection on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:32 pm 

Im in love....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:31 pm 

the body looks great

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:21 pm 

Car show up here in Canberra on the 21st...
Interested?!?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:49 pm 

MAG86 wrote:
Car show up here in Canberra on the 21st...
Interested?!?
Wow, that would be super awesome fun but I have exams (i know, massive downer lol)
The car will be at the prospect hotel datsun day this week if you can drive that far? :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:26 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Hey, great day........bring on the next one!

Attachments:
File comment: 330's man.....
[ attachment ]
DSCF0673.jpg [ 1.26 MiB | Viewed 3489 times ]
File comment: Lookin good Pete, next time I'll have to bring my coupe!
[ attachment ]
DSCF0671.jpg [ 1.25 MiB | Viewed 3489 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:34 pm 

Gee, just look at that.... so nice!

I pulled out as I thought it was pi$$ing down?
Seen the coupe on ebay lately? looks mint as....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:13 pm 

Far from it, I'm still recovering from my t-shirt patterned sunburn (I look a bit like a back packer).
I've seen that 2door. I hope someone local buys it and gets in touch! it's in fantastic nick.
This was the first event of any kind i'd taken the car to. I wasn't sure what kind of response to expect. It's given me some ideas on directions to take with the build and I had the chance to meet some really kool
rev-heads and JNC'ers. Also, I cant help but want to polish up the car more after seeing the presentation on some of those vehicles!

-pete