Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Jakes 79 Stanza
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:37 pm 

Gday, this is my stanza
[ img ]
well thats it before i bought it, dunno how old that photo is, so heres a couple more recent
[ img ]
[ img ]

its pretty tidy, stuff all rust, though theres still a bit. but although the pics may not show it, the paint is sh*t. looks like it was resprayed not to long ago, but with 1 coat and nothin to protect it.

tax times comin up, ATO is gunna get me a set of these
[ img ]

im thinkin 15x7, as i dont think 8s will fit. also, any imput on how much offset i should need, much appreciated

in a couple of pays its getting new shocks and springs too, hopfuly drop it about 30mm. then tinted windows

but my main vice is the SR20DET that i have sitting in my shed. Once iv sold my bike ill have that put in, along with some serious brake uprgrades, and a new diff

then me and the old man plan to strip it back, cut out the rust and respray it bright red again. Inside is bog stock, though dads got a pair of buckets for me, as the ones in it are shagged. no idea what they are from, but they look cool and are comfy as. Im puttin a simple MP3 CD player in just under the glove box, amped to 6x9s in the parcell shelf and 6.5s in the doors. other than that, i want some venetians. but nothin else inside. so thats the plans, ill add more piccies later
[ img ]

Post subject: Re: Jakes 79 Stanza
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:43 pm 

Hey mate looks awesome ;)

1982 Datsun Stanza GX
1966 Nissan Cedric Custom Six
1972 Volkswagen Beetle
1974 Toyota Landcruiser Stallion (SWB)
EziAutoParts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:20 pm 

I'd hold off buying the rims untill you know what front strut/brake combo your going to use and what diff. Or you might buy them with the wrong offset.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:13 pm 

whether they fit or not i think those rims will really suit the car. Looks really nice. Gotta love tax time.

78 ZH Fairlane 500 Bluesmobile
86 ZL Fairlane ZLane
78 ZH Fairlane 500 Barn find
85 Troopy 2H Turbo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:05 pm 

Dattoholic wrote:
I'd hold off buying the rims untill you know what front strut/brake combo your going to use and what diff. Or you might buy them with the wrong offset.

i agree dont buy any wheels until you work out what brakes n struts u decided, nice to c more 79 stanzas getting around, dont go to low with ur springs, i did n the front struts bottom out

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:10 pm 

Looks fairly clean. What are the wheels that are currently on it?

Should look great when it's painted and the venetians are in.

[ img ]
BM510 wrote:
I'm a driver.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:05 am 

sr20 plans have been scrapped, as the more i looked into it the more ridiculous the price got, just not worth it i dont think. meh, ill do it one day. so im building up an l18, possibly with a draw through turbo set up, if i can be bothered, but in the mean time it really needs a coat of paint, and a 5 speed box. so ill start simple and build my way up. once i sell my bike, ill buy another daily, and take it off the road and remove all rust and paint it. then slot in a build L18 and should be sweet. all other plans are the same, venetians, lowered and those mags, just with L series :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:07 am 

i think the mags on it are called pepperpots?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:19 pm 

jturn180 wrote:
I think the mags on it are called pepperpots?

pepper pots are sigma mags......

there not ROH gamblers, they look like a Cheviot or Aunger branded mag.....

and ive got your great grand father's sitting in mine!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:23 am 

the wheels are ROH wildfires

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:41 pm 

yea wildfires i think. GREAT NEWS! my old man used to race a dasun 1600 back in the day, and hes given me one of his old race engines, apparently it owes him bout $2500-3000, and he built it in the early 90s! so thats gettin rebuilt with all new seals, gaskets, bolts the works. iv just started on the suspension, though every time i go to replace something, i find something else wrong with it haha. the plans for the car are not to race it, just to have a sweet and tidy daily that can still go well.

so 2day im puttin new ball joints, king spring super lows, and new ball joints in it, though as i said, while taking the old ball joints out i noticed that the inner tie rods are stuffed lol. so thats next pay i guess? heres some pics :)

Attachments:
File comment: new ball joints for stanza
[ attachment ]
16-09-10_1102.jpg [ 21.2 KiB | Viewed 2182 times ]
File comment: new king springs for stanza
[ attachment ]
16-09-10_1103.jpg [ 40.25 KiB | Viewed 2182 times ]
File comment: new shocks for stanza
[ attachment ]
16-09-10_1105.jpg [ 37.82 KiB | Viewed 2182 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:42 am 

If you havent already swapped the suspension - can you tell me exactly how much lower the super low king springs drop the car ??

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:25 am 

havnt done yet, im waitin on new tie rods n brake lines before it leaves the stands, but apparently the ebay add reckons bout 30mm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:45 am 

jturn180 wrote:
Gday, this is my stanza
[ img ]
well thats it before I bought it, dunno how old that photo is, so heres a couple more recent
[ img ]
[ img ]

its pretty tidy, stuff all rust, though theres still a bit. but although the pics may not show it, the paint is sh*t. looks like it was resprayed not to long ago, but with 1 coat and nothin to protect it.

tax times comin up, ATO is gunna get me a set of these
[ img ]

im thinkin 15x7, as I dont think 8s will fit. also, any imput on how much offset I should need, much appreciated

in a couple of pays its getting new shocks and springs too, hopfuly drop it about 30mm. then tinted windows

but my main vice is the SR20DET that I have sitting in my shed. Once iv sold my bike ill have that put in, along with some serious brake uprgrades, and a new diff

then me and the old man plan to strip it back, cut out the rust and respray it bright red again. Inside is bog stock, though dads got a pair of buckets for me, as the ones in it are shagged. no idea what they are from, but they look cool and are comfy as. Im puttin a simple MP3 CD player in just under the glove box, amped to 6x9s in the parcell shelf and 6.5s in the doors. other than that, I want some venetians. but nothin else inside. so thats the plans, ill add more piccies later
[ img ]

I don't know what it is, maybe it's because they look like a cross between the 200B and S1 bluey, but i have always had a soft spot for the Stanza whether Granny spec or slammed and blinged i have always thought they have a certain style that makes them stand out.

IF IT'S FOOKED FIX IT, IF IT AIN'T MAKE IT FASTER

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:12 pm 

i know i love it, i was looking for a 200b when i found this, id never realy thought of them until i found it, then decided id stick with it. its a really nice car