Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:34 pm 

Na the economy is struggling and I would have had to slog it out for 5 or6 bucks an hour. Decided to travel for 3 months instead :)

On a side note, I'm the proud owner of 11388 H haha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:18 am 

just read this little gem in a guys build thread on nissansilvia...
Quote:
club rego is great but i wouldnt be doing anything dumb on street with it, police hate it as it is and will try rape you. they are already fighting club reg to get rid of it
Anyone heard anything along these lines or is the guy just spinning sh*t?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:55 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Yeah I know of a couple of people who have been pulled over and have been told buy the cop it was due to having club plates. Was evident at last knox cruise to as I reckon 90% of the cars pulled over had club plates. I think there working out thats theres alot of modified un engineered cars out there that maybe shouldnt be on club plates.

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:23 am 

Really? That sucks, I always thought you'd get less attention with the club plates, lucky I have an engineers cert and my logbook is always filled in!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:03 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Yeah it sucks if that's whats going to happen. Ive just put my HR on club plates but as its a stock standard car Im not worried the datto will stay on full reg but.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:03 pm 

Anth,
That guy who posted that, his family are involved with a ford club and own a shitload of gt's etc.
Not sure if he's talking sh*t tho...

Re: unengineered cars,
Have a look whats currently out there on club plates?
Fords and holdens with chargers hanging out the bonnet.
Various cars with engine convo's, hell even hotrods?

Police attention?
Had abit of a incident on the way home from that dandy jap day resulting in a TMU car waiting at our house.
he requested "paperwork"
I told him I have a "log book thingie"
He had a read, gave me the book back, walked back to his car.
Didnt look at the car at all...
Im waiting for a letter in the mail, haha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:46 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

trb012 wrote:
Yeah it sucks if that's whats going to happen. Ive just put my HR on club plates but as its a stock standard car Im not worried the datto will stay on full reg but.
I've been thinking similar things. I will most likely put my wagon on club rego at some point but since it's completely standard I'm not too concerned about having to get it roadworthy again should the rules change. If it was heavily modified I would be treading carefully though. A friend has just moved to WA for work but has left his 13BT RX-7 here, he was considering club registering it but doesn't like his chances of getting it back on full rego should this need to happen, despite it being engineered for every modification.

I'd think that 99% of people on here wouldn't have a problem but we should all be prepared for an introduction of mandatory annual inspections or a bit crackdown on rules regarding historic rego.

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:53 pm 

Still have mine fully registered...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:41 pm 
Old Digger

Meh is all bull dust. The club scheme has been going for a long time. There is no real change to the scheme apart from the release of non sanction club event use. If people are being dickheads then they will get done for it (rightly so). No different from being on full rego. Play nice and you'll be fine. As for re registering your vehicle after the fact…. I spoke in length with a Vic Roads inspector before I changed over to club plates. He assured me it would be no harder than usual to fully re register your vehicle. For engineered cars the original ADR certificate date applies when registering an engineered car. So if 4 years down the track I decided to go back to full reg Vic roads a RWC would be required, a normal Vic Roads inspection and a copy of the original engineers report. If there were new mods since the original engineers report then another report for those mods would be required. Once again the internet has allowed keyboard warriors to talk sh*t. Nothing from Nissan Silvia forums can be taken seriously anyway. It's full of fully sik little shits that can't even shave yet :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:01 pm 

well said :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:35 pm 

im with mydato on this- i spoke in depth with vic roads too as i engineered my car before the rule changes in june last year hahahaha

so yes all i need is a full rwc and i can go back to full reg as the car was engineered by a vass signatory before- providing no more mods on the list.

the annual inspection is a club thing, not a club i wanted to be a member of, seems thats its a bit anal but they need to protect their accreditation with vicroads

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:33 pm 

green200b wrote:
trb012 wrote:
I've been thinking similar things. I will most likely put my wagon on club rego at some point but since it's completely standard I'm not too concerned about having to get it roadworthy again should the rules change. If it was heavily modified I would be treading carefully though. A friend has just moved to WA for work but has left his 13BT RX-7 here, he was considering club registering it but doesn't like his chances of getting it back on full rego should this need to happen, despite it being engineered for every modification.

I'd think that 99% of people on here wouldn't have a problem but we should all be prepared for an introduction of mandatory annual inspections or a bit crackdown on rules regarding historic rego.
Vicroads can request vehicle inspection and information regarding club member numbers at anytime if they wish so.

As said above, Dont get caught doing powerskids, and you will be fine.

Its a great scheme, I cant afford to drive my cars most of the time let alone pay for four full registered cars.
Heres to club rego :cheers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:00 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Im not knocking club reg im all for it. Was just speaking on behalf of a few people I know on club plates that have been pulled over lets hope the system keeps going for many a year as Dan said it means more of us can afford to keep and drive our cars :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:16 pm 

As for the recent blits at Knox, it was only to make sure that club plate holders are actually filling out the logbook properly. I had no dramas with them at all. And as much as I hate to agree with brad but, like he said. If your being stupid, suffer the concequences.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:56 am 

but.... they did change the rules on the vicroads site and now if your car is even slightly modified it looks like they are trying to call it a street rod? im just going to lay low and see what comes of it all. the ease of putting a car on club reg has proved to be a good and bad thing. i wouldnt be stressed if your car is pretty stock, its the engine conversions that sounds like is the grey area.

i have heard rumours of a modified car plate scheme...