Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:47 pm 

Evening,

My indicator doesn't cancel as there is something wrong with the plastic assembly. Mines an 80 model which has plugs on the back that the wires get plugged into. I got a replacement from a 78-79 model and it has a different wiper stalk and there are no plugs on the back - it is wired to plugs that are different. Can anyone tell me if there is one from another model that is the same as the 80-81 stanza? Maybe a bluebird? I'd like to get one that is plug and play as opposed to modifying the early model one with spade connectors...

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:52 pm 

My guess is the Stanza stalk would be the same as a locally built '80/81 200B. They were both built on the same Nissan assembly line at Clayton Vic., and were designed to conform to "85% local content" rules to get Aus Gov industry funding. They would have a common parts supplier for a lot of their components, so check out a locally built 200B, not the 78/79 model 200B's, which came fully built up from Japan fitted with IRS. (your "replacement" stalk may be from one of these?)
Not sure about the 79 era Stanza build locale, 100 imported Stanza coupes got accidentally unloaded here instead of NZ.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:07 pm 

Thanks for the info. Didn't know they were screwed together in Clayton either