Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:24 pm 
Guru

I received my new toy today :D
[ img ]
I purchased mine via eBay from "simpleperformance"
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0691640983
who are offering FREE domestic and INTERNATIONAL shipping to ALL eBay purchasers :shock: :shock:
It is an all digital stand alone EGO kit suitable for any engine since it is programmable via laptop for many different fuels :idea: :idea:
[ img ]
All you need to do is have the sensor bung welded into the exhaust system and a few wires connected.
Buy a few more bungs and you can use the kit on all of your vehicles, EFI or not.
It has a data output suitable to connect to many aftermarket EFI ECUs for logging purposes.

I intend to use it to tune my '65 Fairlady twin carb. engine when it is finished as well as whatever else I feel like 8)
The only precaution is that if fitted to a vehicle, the sensor MUST be connected to the kit, not left floating.
Hardly a big deal but the exhaust will destroy the EGO sensor if it is not powered up and functioning.

Mine was shipped via FedEx and only took 8 days to get here from the US of A.

Anyhoo, I thought this might be attractive to some of you folk since our Oz $ is still above the USD

graemes@internode.on.net

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:48 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

I totally agree....an awesome product. Great price nowadays. I bought an Innovate WB years ago for nearly 3 times the price. :shock:

Needless to say, I received my latest one three weeks ago, same unit as yours Nissanman, you'll be very happy with it.

:cheers

'Nissantiques - Join the Club'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:13 am 

Thanks, fellas. That's just shot to the top of my shopping list....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:34 am 

I was keen on getting one of these:
Innovate LM-2 LM2 AFR Wideband Meter Basic Kit O2 3837
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Innovate-LM- ... 1c1c14d14c

haven't got it yet though...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:35 am 
Old Digger

I bought he LC-1 a few years ago. Top product and have used to tune a heap of different engines and engines on LPG and AV-GAS. I still have to buy a guage which will live in the Datto for a bit of real time monitoring.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:41 pm 

Innovative products are the bees knees. I a few years ago was weighing up between the Innovative brand and the AEM Eugo brand.

I found a local (aussie) seller who had a bulk buy of AEM units. So he's reselling price was way WAY below average. So i was happy to buy it.

Been great so far.

Innovate ones are plumb though. Damn cheap too!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:51 pm 

Sanouske wrote:
Innovative products are the bees knees. I a few years ago was weighing up between the Innovative brand and the AEM Eugo brand.

I found a local (aussie) seller who had a bulk buy of AEM units. So he's reselling price was way WAY below average. So I was happy to buy it.

Been great so far.

Innovate ones are plumb though. Damn cheap too!
Who has the AEM 30-4100 units locally? How much are they?
I'm after either one of those, or the Innovative MTX-L.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:52 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Sorry for being a dummy but is the difference between these and an O2 sensor?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:55 pm 
Guru

They are digital therefore more versatile and programmable :)

graemes@internode.on.net

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:13 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

I found this info which helped me understand this a bit better:

Narrow Band vs Wide Band o2 Sensors

A narrow band o2 sensor is an oxygen sensor that is only calibrated to know three things. Rich, stoic, and lean. What I mean by this is that it only has a narrow window that it see’s the air fuel mixture through. The sensor can tell the computer when it’s stoic. If it’s not stoic, it can tell the ECU that it’s either Rich, or Lean, but that’s it. It doesn’t really output any particular value other than that. How rich the car is the sensor has NO IDEA about. Same with how lean the car is. All it does know is that it’s not stoic. The ecu with a narrowband o2 sensor, when in closed loop mode, will then lean on the fuel map if it is receiving a rich signal from the o2 sensor till its stoic. The opposite would be true if the sensor was telling the ECU that it was currently running lean, it would richen the fuel map till the o2 sensor was reading stoic.

A wideband o2 sensor is much more sophisticated than a narrowband sensor, and can be relied upon to be used as a tuning tool. Wideband sensors not only are a lot faster acting in the reading, but can tell you the exact a/f ratio that the motor is currently at. So instead of just telling the ECU that the motor is running rich, it will read a voltage that correlates to an actual value, like 11.2. One thing to remember with a wideband sensor is that it has a heating element that needs to be heated up before the sensor will be accurate in its readings. This usually only takes a few seconds, but just remember that for those first few seconds the gauge is not useful. Wideband sensors give the ECU the ability to tune exact A/F value’s to a tenth of a decimal instead of just richening and leaning the mixture till a stoic value is seen. Also, most 'wideband' o2 sensors typically have 5 or more wires...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:07 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

I'm looking at buying a wideband, mainly for tunning my l20b on webers.
Thought I'd bump this post as it's a fee years old to see if anyone had any new recommendations of what's the best products available now.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Innovate ... 847&_uhb=1

These are on ebay at $245(not sure if there cheaper elsewhere), looks to be the same model as nissanman's original post, would this still be the best option,?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:57 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

I purchased mine through Amazon only a week or so ago, still waiting on delivery.
I paid $190.29AUD delivered, cheapest I could find in stock with immediate delivery.

http://www.amazon.com/Innovate-Motorspo ... B004MDT8MW

Cheers
Mick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:49 am 

Invaluable for EFI systems. I have a L20B Throttle body injection system that I used this for trouble shooting and tuning. Also has a analog output that can be connected to a ECU to simulate narrow band o2 sensor. I will continue to use this with my KA-24 upgrade this winter.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:23 am 

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/151440981400

I ordered and picked up mine through this group. Cheapest I could find and saved on postage as it was local. I'm yet to use it as I'm still a fortnight off starting mine up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:28 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

yeah i just ordered one of those through that seller last thursday.
should be able to put it in next weekend. woo hoo