Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:42 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:52 pm 

Hi there

We have now had permission for 120 spots on the grass which is good news.

Generally speaking it will be first in first served for entry, though if a car is shabby, or it is the 10th R31 (for instance) to turn up for the day, we may ask that car to park in the car park. The car park is said to accommodate 175 cars (according to Parks Victoria website) so like many good car shows, those who don't make it in, will equally be on show in the car park.

We are aiming for the best cars to be on the grass... but will play it by ear. This is the first year and first time we have run an event of this size, so there will be teething problems, but the plan is to deal with the problems as they arise, and incorporate the improvements into an event in an arena much larger next year.

Cars will be spread out rather than grouped by marque, though a couple of clubs have asked to put on displays which we will accommodate.

The pre 86 rule is hard and fast, just like Vicroads is with club rego.

Hope that answers your questions.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:26 pm 

yep, those are some great answers! Thanks!

is it ok to post the event details on the Classic Skylines Australia forums?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:28 pm 

By all means.. would love to see a few of those too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:08 pm 

Quick update

Planning is coming along nicely for Classic Japan, hope everyone is out with the polish getting their cars ready.

It looks like we are going to have a massive turn out of cars which is great.

Please bear in mind that we only have space for 120 cars on show on the grass, so we really are looking for top quality cars for this event.

One other thing to note is that once the cars are in on the grass at 9am, there is to be no movement of them until 1pm. That is a condition of our use of the ground. So if you want to be in, you are in for the full 4 hours.

In other news, we now have support from Shannons for the event, so thanks to them, and Chroma Canvas will be there taking photos on the day and are offering a special prize on the day.

If you have any questions about the event, please email me - adamlaws1974@bigpond.com or send me a PM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:02 pm 

I hope you don't take the 'top quality cars' thing too seriously. Mine is an ugly shitbox, but I think people will appreciate its rarity and quirky features. :P

1999 GXE10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:12 pm 

Hezath,
your wags is cool as hell, I dont see why it shouldnt be allowed to join in.
Although not mint, prob will be one of the rarest cars there.

Ive sort of organised a couple of dr30's (there are 3 so far including mine) which will make it victoria's largest DR30 meet up to date, haha.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:24 am 

This Sunday people! :woohoo:

Is there going to be signage to direct us to the actual spot? might be a stupid question but I always seem to get lost when we have meets at Westerfolds Park so I have developed a fear of parks now :lol:
silverra23 wrote:
and watch out for the speed humps.
How big are they? :(

[ img ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:29 am 

I had the same problem as you last time haha.
Driving around in circles trying not to get beached on speedhumps.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:15 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Im planning on coming not sure if il take my car or not yet depends on how pi$$ed I get at a mates wedding sat night :lol:

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:23 pm 

Hi folks

Glad to see there is some interest.

Hezath your car should be OK, depending on how many people rock up on the day and what else shows up. That's basically the answer I give any one who asks the question. The last time I saw your car (one of our Donuts meets) it was definitely cool and i took many a photo.. though I think the paint had seen better days which works against it a little at a show n shine. But I would like to get it on the ground if we can. Anyways we will play it by ear on the day - everyone's car will be on display either on the ground itself or in the attached carpark, so all the cars will get pretty good exposure.

There will be signage on the day, though only a couple, so here are a couple of notes

Our venue is Yarra Bend Park, Fairfield and you can access the park via Yarra Bend Road, off Heidelberg Rd. Google Maps and TomTom both try to get you there via the Eastern Freeway depending on where you are coming from, but as there is no exit ramp this is no good, so keep an eye out for that.

Entrants will need to be in between 8am and 9am, no exceptions. There are no allocated slots so we will be picking the best 120 cars to go on the grounds as they roll up. Make sure your ride is nice and shiny! There is a big car park attached to the grounds as well, so any one who doesn’t make the cut will still get plenty of exposure to every one rolling up for the event.

Entry is by gold coin (or more!) donation to beyondblue, and the show is open to the public between 9am and 1pm. Please note if you are on show, you have made a commitment to be on show right through to 1pm, so if you are planning on leaving early, please park in the car park.

There will be a sausage sizzle on the day, or bring your own picnic, and a coffee van will also be on site. We will also have Chroma Canvas taking photos of everyone’s cars with their models, and Shannons Insurance will be on hand to discuss all things insurance.

If you have any questions, please contact Adam Laws via email (preferred) adamlaws1974@bigpond.com or 0413 001 666.

See you there!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:24 pm 

Oh and one of our members who runs a very low Crown Ms65 has done a scouting run and reckons the speed humps will be fine.. just take it easy particularly over the last one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:17 pm 

A very low MS65 Crown? Mmmmmmm!

You're doing an awesome job Adam. Pumped for it mate

1999 GXE10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:27 pm 

Have you seen Tate's Crown before? Its awesome... as per below

[ img ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:10 pm 

Ah yeah I saw it at Hanging Rock, my bad.

1999 GXE10

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:54 pm 

well im very much looking forward to this, should we meet somewhere and roll in together? it would be pretty cool to have a bunch of dattos arrive at the park together. im planning on arriving fairly early and cruising down the eastern, maybe anyone keen can meet just off chandler? just throwing it out there