Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:55 am 

SR20Datsun wrote:
First thing I would do is jack the car up and go through full bump and rebound and make sure everything clears. Don't forget you will also probably want to change toe on the rear which may effect the guards slightly at full bump. If everything clears, then I wouldn't bother rolling the lip...
Thanks for the info Nik :thumbsup:

Stu: I plan on going twin carbs, wanna keep it as old school as possible, so old school I'm currently hunting for something similar to these ->
[ img ]

Anth you do make a valid point, once again!!! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:08 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Nice I used to have speakers like that in my fist car a vh commo :lol:

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:25 pm 

Those adjustable spring platforms look sweet, but quicker & cheaper is to use springs that are a bit too short (obviously they'll need to be stiffer than standard) and use some spacers on top to adjust the ride height. Where do you get such spacers? The old rally trick is to take some spare standard rubber insulators (they go on the top of the springs) and cut off the locating lip that goes inside the coil, leaving you with a flat spacer about 12mm thick. Use as many as you need. If the springs you have aren't short enough, you're welcome to come and choose some from my collection.

With guard rolling, you want to ensure you don't create a trap for mud to sit and cause rust.
I remember a bloke whose business was called Lowdown Guard Rolling. Might be worth looking him up.

Cheers,

J.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:07 pm 

Just found a few of those speakers, fark they must be popular, they all have heaps of bids on them!!! some are sooo bloody expensive too!!!!

Yes Justin, I knew that trick from way back when I had my white sedan, I think I have about three pairs of those rubber insulators stashed away in a box somewhere...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:29 pm 

Hi Alex.

Good to know you are back with Dattos. I knew you 'd be back.

I made some comments when I learnt you sold your project 180B sedan. I got to confess I was hurt. It hurts to see a 180B brother leave town, but I knew you were coming back. That is why I said, do not sell, just park it, put a cover on it and let things settle.

I'll follow this new ride, or couple rides ( red and blue.)

Good to see you back!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:58 pm 

Car looks sweet already which I had the space and mOtivation you have mate congrats on your new bee I remember seeing you on greens rd a few times in the old white bee sounded sweet.

1980 JDM styled Suzuki Carry SOLD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:27 pm 

I like this thread :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:34 pm 

SIX-TEN wrote:
Just found a few of those speakers, fark they must be popular, they all have heaps of bids on them!!! some are sooo bloody expensive too!!!!

Yes Justin, I knew that trick from way back when I had my white sedan, I think I have about three pairs of those rubber insulators stashed away in a box somewhere...
Damn, I have a set of similar Pioneers in the back of my Holden EH... Bloody horrible sounding things too! :lol:

'63 Holden EH
'02 Grand Vitara
'91 EB Falcon
'91 EA Falcon S
'86 Range Rover
'98 Pulsar
'95 ZZR1100

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 pm 

Jaimesix wrote:
Hi Alex.

Good to know you are back with Dattos. I knew you 'd be back.

I made some comments when I learnt you sold your project 180B sedan. I got to confess I was hurt. It hurts to see a 180B brother leave town, but I knew you were coming back. That is why I said, do not sell, just park it, put a cover on it and let things settle.

I'll follow this new ride, or couple rides ( red and blue.)

Good to see you back!
Thanks Jaime,

Feels good to see that I have a bit of a following happening,I know a lot of effort was put into the white sedan and it was a great car, unfortunately now days I don't have as much time available because of work, not saying this car wont be something special but I also wont be doing any massive tear outs or rebuilds.

WAG510: Yeah mate that car always sounded sweet, for some reason tho all it had was a lukey muffler and the center muffler removed, once I got asked if I had something under the bonnet tho it was dead stock!

JohnnoEH: Would you still happen to have them??? I don't care about the sound, I could always replace the bass drivers and tweeters with newer stuff. I just can't believe how much ppl want there now days...

Oh got an update too!

went to the Repco warehouse to try get some front end bits, I had noticed that the steering is total poo and I was right, the end links, ball joints and caster rod bushes are all farked up hard! So went and asked them if they had the parts which were all over the shop. Some links are in SA, and the ball joins had to come from another store and all this other sh*t. So off to Bursons I go and the guy at the counter chased everything up for me and got me the whole lot within the same day! What was also awesome for me is that they're only a 5min drive! So Since I have been totally slack with the car all weekend, I got called out by a mate who owns a house near the beach, and had a massive reunion with the boys, went out partying and even fishing one of the days, so as you can see I've done fark all!!! I will be replacing all that stuff today and getting a wheel alignment next weekend.

Oh I also received my JDM orange bumper bar light lenses, they're the ones which replace the clear/orange ones for the indicator and parkers, the JDM look is so much better and they also match the side ones. I've also installed the round gauge dash but found out that the Tacho is dead and so is the freaking clock, so got to either find another one or rebuild this one, I also need to paint the black plastic casing since it is a bit grey and faded.

Will be taking some pics of todays work and post them up...

Cheers! :cheers

Alex

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:41 pm 

Me is a dissapoint :( I was going to do the steering links but the grease gun I have wont clip onto the nipples on the the joints so I can't pack them with grease, gonna have to see what is open tomorrow or wait til the weekend to do them...

On the up side more stuff rocked up...

Reproduction front left indicator
[ img ]
Just need to find a right hand side one...

Rays lightweight wheel nuts
[ img ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:14 pm 

Don't your gun have an adjustable threaded tip??

1980 JDM styled Suzuki Carry SOLD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:56 am 

Alex, I found that the guts of a later type 180B tacho interchanges with a 240K tacho so if you check you may find that your original tacho guts will swap into the earlier dash for a no-buck solution. Nissan parts interchangeability is brilliant.

If you do need to fix the early type tacho, I'm pretty sure the VDO place on Maroondah Highway Ringwood is still there and they've been great when I've used them.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:15 am 

WAGN71 wrote:
Don't your gun have an adjustable threaded tip??
Nah mate its just a fitting that screws on at the end of the hose and thats it, I might as well just buy a new one and install them then.

Justin, That is some great info tho finding a 240K tacho might prove to be hard, I might take it down to some auto elecs and see what they say, hopefully they can get it going because it totally sucks not having a tacho.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:48 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Hey mate I know of a good guage place near my work let me know if you want there n.o :D

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:46 pm 

trb012 wrote:
Hey mate I know of a good guage place near my work let me know if you want there n.o :D
Yes please sir!

btw knox cruise night is on next Tuesday, if I can find a pair of lowered front springs and dial in some camber on the front end I will try make an apearance....