Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:12 pm 

im looking into doing this conversion but havent come accross much info i already have a cas but still need help on how to join that to my dizzy has anyone actually completed this conversion and did it work any help would be apreciated cheers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:56 pm 

There is a thread on here, but I also documented some information here;

http://www.datfusion.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=86

Personally I'd go for sr20 style gear, or incorporating SR20 non turbo dizzy internals into a Z dizzy. CA stuff is getting harder to find, whereas SR's were arguably built in greater volume with a lot more aftermarket support.

The reason the guys used CA stuff originally was cause Dan (datsunboy) had a nistune setup for CA's specifically. If you go SR, then Pete Lieberg can assist with tuning etc.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:04 pm 

so the sr20 ecu will run the z18et
cheers i can get any sr20 bit for free of my mate that make things alot easyier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:10 pm 

also i allready have a few ca18de parts for the conversion and was wondering if it has been completed before ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:29 am 

yeah a few people have done the ca ecu conversion. Not that hard. guy in NZ had the most extensive write up regarding the conversion. But essentially if you follow the basic sensor data input the ecu needs, you should be able to work out how to make it work on the z18et.

the cas to dizzy part albeit a little tricky, isnt hard work. im in the midst of making an adapter plate/block that allows the stock ca18 cas to attach to the adapter that then simply bolt into the timing cover like the stock dizzy. Allowing for a heap of fine adjustment.

Got all the bits to make it happen, just having an issue getting some lathe time in. 120mm diameter alloy stock takes a bit of specialty machinery.

But for the short term you can use a gutted dizzy and just merge the shafts together, like in the link above.

Alternatively a et pulsar turbo dizzy will work. they have the same type optical disc the ca18 cas has.

sr retrofitting is again something thats doable, the s14 black top ecus i think are the choice, they self adjust for better operating. but essentially a nistune board will be needed to make tunable.

best of luck