Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:11 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:25 am 

Hey marty, I'll take the front valance off the brown car, that looks pretty straight.

Hope the gearbox serves you well!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:49 pm 

DATLOVE wrote:
SHWEEET 16 Marty! I'm in north brissy myself... we should catch up sometime may have a few goodies for the 1600 you may be interested in aswell.
Sounds good. What suburb are you in? I need a steering column shroud and a set of door lock knobs if anyone can help. Sorry Tim but it looks like the front apron is sold.

Was up at my sandblasters today and there was a red 1600 shell going in for a full blast. Good to see some still getting done right.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:18 pm 

hey Marty :?: Is that your 1600 stuff on ebay man>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cause please let me or another Dato lover grab these! even if i stick em in my shed someone someday somewhere is going to need em! can collect over weekend!! just wish it was 610 stuff :cry: Also been looking at your rust pics and would love to help out when you get underway :D i can throe my mig and gas in the ute with my panel box and accs and help you get it moving :thumbsup: anyway let me know!! :cheers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:22 pm 

MartyRX2 wrote:
DATLOVE wrote:
SHWEEET 16 Marty! I'm in north brissy myself... we should catch up sometime may have a few goodies for the 1600 you may be interested in aswell.
Sounds good. What suburb are you in? I need a steering column shroud and a set of door lock knobs if anyone can help. Sorry Tim but it looks like the front apron is sold.

Was up at my sandblasters today and there was a red 1600 shell going in for a full blast. Good to see some still getting done right.
Yup I'll take that apron:) also do you no what material there going to blast the 1600 with? I'm looking to have mine done soda seams to weak for bog, rust etc hand garnet is to harsh on larger panels. Wel that's what I'm told here in SA. Sweet looking rx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:36 am 

jasol wrote:
MartyRX2 wrote:
DATLOVE wrote:

Yup I'll take that apron:) also do you no what material there going to blast the 1600 with? I'm looking to have mine done soda seams to weak for bog, rust etc hand garnet is to harsh on larger panels. Wel that's what I'm told here in SA. Sweet looking rx
In the last month the blaster near me has done a HG Monaro, a 70s Camaro and this Datsun shell. About 50% of his work is automotive panels. The garnet he uses is a light pink colour, stuff can sit around for a few days and doesn't rust so it must have low salt content. Do your research and find a blaster that is doing a lot of automotive work in your area. I have had plenty of auto panels blasted to good effect without warping. If you are unsure, just paint strip the big areas like roof skins and bonnets and blast the rest. Make sure that if you see pinholes/bog bubbles in areas such as lower quarter panels and sills that you carefully cut these areas out before blasting, that way the blaster can get right in there and blast the inner areas which is where the rust starts.

Datlove, yes I have a few parts on ebay at the moment. My shed can't fit any more. I have some guards, a bonnet, some doors etc to go if anyone is keen. Thanks for the offer of help but seriously I can't see myself doing any panel work on this car for around 18 months, I have some major house renovations about to start. Once I do get it going I intend to knock it over fairly fast though!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:36 pm 

So the old brown shell got the grinder last week. I cut out the good bits, the RH quarter panel went to a local panel beater for a resto he is doing for a customer. The RH sill, and both A and B pillars I have saved to repair my own car. Finally did a bit of work on the car this week, put in the manual clutch and brake pedals, removed the auto from the car also. I need a clutch fork/thrust bearing carrier and gear stick to suit the Stanza box if anyone can help. Have been moving ahead with the WRX diff swap also, a little more work on the stub shafts and they will be ready to weld. Hoping to have the car running under its own steam again in the next month then it's time to start on the suspension and brakes.
[ img ]

[ img ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:53 pm 

How'd you go with the valance? Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:44 pm 

jasol wrote:
How'd you go with the valance? Cheers
I'm on it mate, gotta find a box and will get a quote on courier next week. Sorry for the hold up, been flat out. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:13 pm 

Great, thanks, no rush just know there was someone else wanting it, but yea still chasing it but when ever you get around to it is fine