Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Questions
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:35 pm 

Hey guys quick qeustions
1.i wont a smaller steering wheal what size do you guys run for normal street use

2.i wont to lower my 200b how low can i cut the springs and still have it comfy

3.also the steering feels kind of heavy

4.brake light comes on and off as it likes

Its a 200b btw thanks guys

Post subject: Re: Questions
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:49 pm 

Just buy an after market steering wheel and boss kit you like. As for the steering the first thing i would check is tyre pressure and work your way up. Need a little more detail about your brake light. Check your ground wire. Also make sure the the switch at the pedal is alligned properly they do sometimes move and your brake light stays on.

78 ZH Fairlane 500 Bluesmobile
86 ZL Fairlane ZLane
78 ZH Fairlane 500 Barn find
85 Troopy 2H Turbo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:18 pm 

Most insurance companies want 350mm across for a steering wheel. Thats about as small as i'd be willing to go especially on non-power steering cars.
By how much do you want to "Lower your car"? Don't cut the springs, that is a bad suggestion, and it won't be comfy. At the very least at my poorest, I was able to save up and buy a new set of springs for my car. I'm sure you can do the same. If they're 200b struts you can probably pick up a set of front and rear lowered springs for any strut that will fit for under $100 a pair for second hand. Or $200 a pair new. Unless you want look and not performance, then you might as well cut a coil off and see how you go. Remember, the less coils the harder it will be, and the changes to wheel angles and roll centres etc will change also.
Heavy steering. Check tire pressures as stated. Check that there is fluid in the steering box and that steering isn't overly tight on ball joints etc. Next is have an alignment and make sure that the wheels don't have huge amounts of castor, as that will cause the steering to become slightly heavier too.
Brake light... Check the switch, make sure its not clicking on and off. Sounds more like an earth problem though. Start tracing the wiring back.
Good luck.

Previous Car: Restored Green 1972 Datsun 510, Hot L18

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:41 pm 

Got new tires today the toe was out abit just wondering about tire pressure they put 36 in them the manual says 28 psi what do you guys run?