Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 7:22 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:56 pm 

Hi everyone,

Joined this forum as I found it contained quite a bit of useful information for me. I own a 1985 S3 Nissan Bluebird TRX as a weekender.

I am trying to decide what brake set up to run for my fronts! I dont have much experience with nissans, as this is my first nissan.

I have already ruled out the 4 spot skyline set up or the RX7/Prelude set up that many Datsun enthusiasts do due to cost factor. But in saying this, I am running front R33/BA and rear R33/JZX100 brake set up on my Cressida using DBA slotted/drilled, hence my budget set up for my Bluebird.

Currently, my budget seems to be favoring R31 slotted rotors and calipers for the front, they bolt straight onto my Bluebird (Bluebird brakes are also 250mm, solid rotor and "weaker" caliper compared to the R31). But I just think its not that much of a difference as the rotors will be the same size. If I am correct, the GTS model 274mm rotors and calipers wont bolt onto the Aussie R31 without using import struts? I noticed some people talking about hilux 4 spots without much modification? This would be a better choice if I dont need to cut and grind too many things. I am aiming for a mostly bolt on set up.

Taken from another forum: "Hilux 4 spots (LN106) 89 to 93 cause these were the most common used with the 90mm bolt spacing, Maybe even some cruisers had the same but I am not sure. Peugot disc rotor Part no.DBA 272 and you can use 200sx brake pads with the calipers, The only difference is that they have a wider surface area which will not affect anything. You will also need a Toyota Corona hub, it'll give about an inch more track on the wheels"

If the corona hub fits the 910 strut, I may be onto a winner?

Cheers, Tommy