Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: R31 Struts Help?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:26 pm 

Hey just wondering about the r31 strut/brake conversions, i seem to be completely blind and cannot find how to intergrate 31 struts onto a 1600. Any links would be appreciated :D cheers... and do i have to chop n swap over spring and seat from the original struts to clear the space in the strut tower?

Post subject: Re: R31 Struts Help?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:28 pm 

G'day To put R31 struts in, you will need to cut the spring seat off the strut tube and either weld a 1600 one on, or a fixed platform to suit coilover-stlye 65mm springs, or convert them to coilovers. The R31 spring seat is offset and quite large, it just won't fit in a 1600 strut tower. If you are going this way you will get the most from a coil over conversion, there are a few kits about that don't cost to much and will give you a lot more options in the future :thumbsup:

Post subject: Re: R31 Struts Help?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:48 pm 

Thanks! I found out the hard way trying to massage the 31 struts into the poor 1600 :(. What about the strut top? i noticed the 31 strut top also isnt direct bolt-in, as it is slightly wider? can the 1600 top be fit also to the 31 strut?