Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:44 am 

Hello, I'm not too great with cars and I was hoping to lower my 200b from its stock height, these are what I found on ebay and I just wanted to ask and check if they were suitable for my car. Do you think these are worth it? Also, will I need to pay for anything other then the labour to get them fitted? No idea how lowering a car is done, but I'm all ears!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DATSUN-200B- ... 552wt_1163

I do want it low, but I will be putting on a front lip after I get a new bumper, so i don't want it to scrape or anything. Anyone got any tips?

Thanks!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:53 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

What condition is the suspension in your car in at the moment? You'll most likely find, if the suspension is a bit flogged, that the car will hardly sit any lower just with those. It depends on what you want but if you want it to sit a bit lower, then you might need to get some Superlows. It would be worth replacing the shocks at the same time.

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:48 am 

The suspension at the moment is a set of new springs I got a while ago when i paid for a bunch of work done, I couldn't say if it is flogged or not.
I guess I just wanted my car really low, but not so much that I wont be able to get my front lip on.. but for all I know it will have heaps of room to clear..
Should I contact king springs for super low's or could you point me in the right direction to purchase those?
Also, are there specific shocks that work well or should I get generic ones, whatever I can find? (thought about the shocks but wasn't sure)
Sorry for rambling and the stupid questions haha.

Thanks.