Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:19 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: c130 laurel
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:07 pm 

hey all, im new to the datsun forums but in need of some help or contacts in finding some parts.

ive recently purchaced a Datsun laurel C130 coupe. as far as i am aware it may be the only one or one of two in Australia!!

i am about to start the restoration of this beauty and need help finding a few bits.

most needed:
front windscreen top chrome moulding
rear 1/4 badges (between 1/4 window and rear window)
Attachment:
[ attachment ]
014.jpg [ 653.23 KiB | Viewed 2663 times ]

Post subject: Re: c130 laurel
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:29 pm 

damn that's nice! running? I'd be hitting up yahoo japan for badges and probably the chrome moulding too, if there aren't many here there will be even less parts.
C130s are so good especially when they can look like this
[ img ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:27 am 

Hey you are one lucky duck. The c130 supposedly has a lot of Parts in common with the c110 though not the stuff you are after. They are a very cool car. What block does yours have in it? L20A, L20B, L18 or L28. Can't wait to see some more pics.

Nik

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:58 am 

BUTAKETSU! Love it.

The other option with the top chrome moulding if you still have it is to get it panel beaten? I know a coach builder here in VIC who fixes that stuff.
Rear quarter badges you will have to use Ebay or yahoo Japan. Import Monster or some other import mid-way-man is the best way.

Which engine does this version have?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:24 pm 

thanks for the replies. ive tried yahoo japan, i keep searching every week in hope of new parts that i need.
the top window strip is no longer there. so i need a new one, i may even have to resort to finding one off an another car that may fit, maybe a 200b or stanza maybe.
the badges will be near impossible to find i imagine, i found and bought some from a 4 door one that are smaller buy may have to be made to work.
i think it was a base model as it has a 4 cylinder 2.0l in it. G20 as far as im aware. i will probably rebuild that just to keep the car original.

i will probably start a build thread in this car when i start working on it, witch should be in the very near future.