Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:35 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: 200b SSS bits
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:24 pm 

Hi guys, I'm very new to this forum and have only just become aquainted with a Datsun again after some 10 years away from the scene. I'm having to learn everything again! I've just acquired a beautifully straight and nearly rust free 1600, and I'm trying to identify what bits are in it etc.
My question is do the 200B SSS coupe's have the electronic ignition distributor like the series 2 bluebirds?
Also, the struts will be a bolt in job as well right? I think the 1600 still has the original struts in it, haven't got round to identifying them yet.
Thanks in advance for any help, I have searched for this but not found an answer, though the knowledge on this site is astoundingly helpful.
Cheers, Rob

Post subject: Re: 200b SSS bits
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:00 pm 

Hi Rob. Welcome!

No, only the S2 Bluebirds came out with that Bosch distributor. 200B SSS probably has a Hitachi. Definitely a "points" distributor.

Yes, the 200B struts should go straight in to your 1600. I think the strut tops match (if not you can swap them over) and the brake hose threads match (if not, use the 200B hoses or get new ones. Even the 200B hoses are probably 35 years old).

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: 200b SSS bits
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:16 pm 

Great thanks for your help!
Much appreciated