Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:34 pm 

Hey guys any help would be appreciated have cash if someone could come help sort it asap ..names Steven Im a disel fitter by trade i have rescued a hilux with fj20et running lpg ONLY!(who does this)couple weeks ago i spent last 2 weeks in my shed 1st plan was just to fix wiring but have since Modified manifold to high mount made dump and screamer pipe hidden wiring in guards purchased disco potato ported manifold to suit sr20 throttle body 550cc injectors on standard rail fitted fuel tank/ lines pump etc wired up stinger ecu etc @@@@@ The problem i have is im running a stinger 4244 ecu and trying to run sequential ignitionwith rb25 coil packs haltech 4 coil ignitor ...I've finished wiring up but can't get to fire Will send pics ..I'm not getting a home/trigger signal to ecu I've had a lot of problems finding info on cas I have modified distributor to take sr20 cas (360 optical disc hall sensor) sequential ignition has been nothing but a headache and I can't go back standard ignition because I modified dissy and another dissy I can't find anywhere ... Any help/Advice/ point me in right direction who to talk to any help is appreciated I have cash if u no of anyone wants cash to come sort it out south Brisbane
Thanks new fj20 owner Steven

Attachments:
File comment: Ecu wiring diagram used
[ attachment ]
image.jpg [ 181.05 KiB | Viewed 2254 times ]
[ attachment ]
image.jpg [ 291.79 KiB | Viewed 2254 times ]
[ attachment ]
image.jpg [ 232.82 KiB | Viewed 2254 times ]
File comment: My home Modified fj dissy to Sr20 cas 360 optical
[ attachment ]
image.jpg [ 43.98 KiB | Viewed 2254 times ]
File comment: Engine bay
[ attachment ]
image.jpg [ 1.98 MiB | Viewed 2254 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:52 am 

If there is no home signal there can only be a few thing wrong, provided you have properly tested it.
1: bad wiring connection or mis wired.
2: fulty cas or disc not compatible with ecu.
3: incorrect parameters set in ecu eg: set on cam driven instead of crank driven cas.
4: timing is out.

If you haven't already used a timing light I would suggest you do. It wlli give you a better indication of what's actually going on.
Also how did you determine tdc on your cas?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:05 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

You should still get a CAS signal even if the timing is out.
You can check for cas signals by spinning the dizzy shaft with a battery drill when its been removed from the motor (make sure your injectors are disconnected though) and monitoring the live signals via a laptop etc.
I can help you with the CAS wiring as ive used the same cas in a couple 1600's now.

-Check the ecu ignition setting is on 'Nissan mode 2'.

-Check the injection setting is on 'sequential'.

-Ensure you have power to the CAS by checking the physical connection between these wires:

Blue wire from ecu terminal 21 (ground) joins to Black wire on fj20 cas.
Green wire from ecu terminal 8 (trig) joins to Green wire on fj20 cas.
Yellow wire from ecu terminal 20 (sync) joins to White wire on fj20 cas.
Red wire from ecu terminal 10 (+12v) joins to Red wire on fj20 cas.

If this doesnt work check the settings and options in the software.
Im not familliar with Stinger ecu's but Haltech have 'pullups' on some input signals which are pretty much resistors that you can switch on and off in the software which will boost the incoming signal to the ecu if it is weak etc. Check for settings like that...