Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: New Here. Datsun 180B.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:31 pm 

Gday guys, The names Brendan, hows it going? I'm new here!
I'm from Ballarat, Vic.
I bought my 180B from a mate across the road from me for $300 and fell in love straight away. That was 6 months ago. I've always been a fan of R31 skylines and a passionate Nissan lover! So this isn't out of my territory ;)
So I bought this to be a project daily. I'm new to the whole bluebird series and L series.. as Iv always been around RB's. and I'm keen to learn!
[ img ]
I only have one photo of the ol' datto atm. but will work on more when I get there.
When I first got it, it was a bit banged up with no interior and a running motor.
So I cleaned it up and started working on items for roadworthy.
New rear wheel cylinders and suspension items.
But recently I've taken some more mods into my hands,
Pulled the motor apart, new headgasket, cleaned some internals, rebuilt carby, found it has a twin point dizzy.
Brand new aluminium radiator, 260z box and clutch (Currently looking for suitable flywheel). Cleaned it all up, just need a passenger side guard and front bumper. Adapted some carpet from an r31 to fit (for roadworthy) and looking to find some seats to pass.

After I get this beast on the road I plan on doing a fair few more things
R31 front brakes, and struts with adjustable tops, along with the steering knuckles.
R31 rear brakes.
higher diff gear ratio.
32/36 Weber
and I'm sure ill find some more things to do to it ;) Already have all the above apart from the

Any advice is accepted. :)
Thanks! hope to be apart of the Datsuns cruising ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:50 am 

Hey mate, welcome to ozdat! L series engines are very simple as are bluebirds (pre 910 and even 910 are sinch) about the most difficult part in an l series (if you ask me) is the timing chain tensioner, if you take the head off without a "special" tool too hold it in place (wedge on a stick, easy to make) it will pop out and fall down the bottom and you will have to take the front timing cover off and its a pain in the ass. Any way good luck with the build mate, ozdat has many people to help if need be :D

1979 Datsun Sunny Wagon 13b Turbo conversion: http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=28890

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:09 am 

Yeah I found that one out just recently haha.. I always had a feeling, i just wasnt sure how far down it was.. but yeah I had to do it the hard way!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am 

Looking forward to seeing your progress bro.
Welcome to the club.
I also recently went from a modern Nissan back to my beloved Datto after many years.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:07 pm 

Cheers mate, should be fun, my brother has a 1200 ute, and we used to have 2 120ys.. love all the shapes about them.. such a mad 70s feel