Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Is this a good idea
Yes 89%  89%  [ 8 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I want to know what you've been smoking 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I like cat videos 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Total votes: 9
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:40 am 

I think I read the B2 convertor maintains the correct air/fuel but I may be wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:18 am 

Yes, the B2 is the right size to work with that mixer. With Gas Research carbies there are a couple of jets and a metering rod that can be changed to tune the fuel delivery. The convertor has no adjustments, it just needs to be able to supply enough gas at the appropriate pressure. There are other convertors with an idle mixture adjustment but they're for "simple" mixers, like "gas rings".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:06 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Hate to say it but now Ive gone E85 there is no way I would ever try gas research stuff again. Its just too hard to get right everything is always a compromise between driveabilty and outright power. Yours will be the exception I expect Justin with the development work you have put into it and the 4 coil ignition :D

http://datsun1200.com/modules/newbb/vie ... post494892

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:55 am 

Thanks Stu, but you're right about the Gas Research stuff being a compromise. It's such a simple system (crude compared to my old 45 DCOEs). I see it as great for a low budget setup. Mine has been good but I haven't yet pushed it at the track like you. I believe some development work could make it better but I won't know until I get stuck into it. If more people used LPG for racing the development pathway would be well trodden. I'd still swap it for liquid gas injection in a flash if I could.
Lately I've been putting my spare time into my GTiR. Great to drive but a pain to work on.....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:06 pm 

It's not a bad idea, but I don't think the SC14 is the one for you. I know there's lots of people talking about how hard their 4AGZE goes, but they're really not that fast. The one's that do go reasonably quick are living on the knife edge. Your engine with decent intercooler and the right fuel will handle the boost you're talking about. The seals in the Supercharger won't ... or at least for very long, it's not just tip speed that will kill them.
My 4AGZE is running the SC12 (don't think it's been upgraded), larger pulley, extractors and all of that. Grunty down low, but realistically stops pulling before 6K, even though rev limit doesn't kick in till the other side of 7K. The SC14 will be better, but I don't think it's going to be the tyre shredding monster you're hoping for.
A better supercharger and you could be onto something