Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:12 pm 

Hey everyone I just wanted to start a thread to find out what idiots people have come across when building a car or doing modifications. Just thought it would be a funny thread. For instance today was just visiting a few spray painters to have a chat about spraying my 1600 that's currently getting built. I was told by one painter that I shouldnt spray the car because they r worthless and only worth a couple of grand and I should just save up and buy a new car. Haha he must not like making money

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:42 pm 

I think this will be a good thread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:23 pm 

Way more building Holdens, Fords and Geminis trolling Malls with trolleys full of discounted Coke slabs
Datsun peeps are "usually" not ricers or bogons yet not exactly normal, they are more like outcasts
in places like Australia, they belong more so in Germanic countries and traditional Asian areas.
Yet the lack of cheap datsuns is relative to the post count on these once busy forums

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:28 pm 

oh you have a datsun, i had a 120Y when i was your age. thanks grandma.

now you know why Datsuns have a cheap stigma

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:10 pm 

nothing wrong grannies had more taste than most :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:32 pm 

For some reason the people who purchase my "build" cars turn out to be flogs!
The dude who bought my 1600 many years ago was a young guy. I said the usual crap about looking after it yada....yada...yada.
3 weeks later Randy from Nissco calls me and says the guy who bought my car is down looking for some repairs......
Apparently he backed out of his driveway with the rear door open and completely ripped it off its hinges. A few month after that i popped down to Nissco again and yes there she was again...... looking all beat up and unloved. Pissed me off big time!

Then..... selling my S14a to another young guy who just got off his P's. In hindsight i shouldn't have sold it to him but money talks. Anyway..... a month or so later i get a text message from a guy from Vicdrift forums informing me that all my parts are for sale and that my baby is currently being parted out as a write-off. The guy actually text me to tell me that he had been in an "accident" and the car had been written off. Later found out that that "accident" consisted of power, inexperience, and a tree....Sigh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:39 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

This: https://youtu.be/USR4Dv3kn8c

I can't see any purpose for this car's existence. Not registered, barely turns (even with the cut front guards), and probably not even that quick. A bit of a waste since it looks like a clean shell.

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:08 pm 

White rx7 in back ground..... Must be you al.

Ban on the word flog....... guy at work uses it every 2nd sentence.... If you use it makes skids on wet grass look cool. Even if It is with an ecotec.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:00 pm 

When I first got my 140j back in Nz I went to repco looking for parts and got told you can't get parts for that sh*t anymore go try a museum. Drove down the road to BnT and they were more then happy to find parts for me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:17 pm 

At my old work place there was a guy that drove a commodore ss ute which had the 6ltr motor and a Chev badge up front. He was always giving me sh*t about fixing up my 1600. used to say "who would even bother with one" "there a granny's car" "you'll pick up heaps of chicks in that" and so on. One lunchtime when we were all sitting around talking crap I played him the following link on my phone. everyone had a good laugh and he never mentioned it much after that. all he said was " yeh but its got a chev motor"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDkx1E0fCfU

I don't have anything against commodore utes or chev motors, my daily is commodore ute but its only a small block ecotec without a bow tie badge!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:30 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

RAT510 wrote:
but its only a small block ecotec
I like to refer to them as a mini block :thumbsup:

The fleet:

Australia:
'80 200B GX - the green200b - hibernating
'81 RX-7 - 12A extend port - daily
'74 RX-2 - 13B bridgeport - cruiser

Europe:
'93 200SX - CA18DET - tourer
Dato200B wrote:
Green200B has forgotten more about 200Bs than we will ever know.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:18 pm 

After watching that vid I welcome free and legal use of automatic machine guns,
landmines and grenades in Bogon gatherings for their own amusement

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:21 pm 

That's a bit harsh d, a half pack If winnie blues and and slab of beam and cola would have same effect as they fight It out for the prize.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:20 pm 

People used to give me sh*t about my bright yellow 720 that i lowered and put a z18et into. Was my toy car for many years and i loved it. So never really bothered me what others said.

I relate to azzdats story though, i had this car for years with the z18et in it and not a drama, drove it daily how it needed to be driven and leant on it within its limits.

The day i sold it, the guy **** to motor going home. Like not a day later, several hours later on the same day. I got a call from him the next morning, asking if i fudged the engine or what ever, but i was more concerned with asking him WTF did he do to it! It used to start first half crank and idled smooth and blew no smoke. Wasnt a massive HP engine and it was only on 9psi. Yet he still managed to ruin it.

He said his mate had a look at it and it had back fired into no.1 cylinder???... Yet this was all done without even inspecting the engine or removing the manifolds etc...

Needless to say i feel sorry it broke down on him, but i feel more sorry that my favorite car got destroyed... =(

I miss having datsuns.