Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:28 pm 

Hi All,

Does anyone know the difference between the 3 in terms on slave cylinder?
My slave cylinder is a little iffy so I am planning to upgrade to a Nismo big bore one however I can't get any solid info on which one will fit...

My understanding is that RB20 box is the same as the CA box (different bellhousing) but my understanding was that the SR box was different...

Based on the Nismo part numbers they are different they say SR/CA is 30620-RS520 and RB20 is 30620-RS580... so now I am completely confused.

Now I hear you are saying just buy the CA one and be done with it however I am not 100% convinced I have a CA box and therefore am confused... My gearbox has a CA18 bellhousing however has a cable speedo drive which to me indicates that it is an RB20 box hence why I am confused as to which slave to buy...

Based on pictures they all look the bloody same, so why the different part numbers?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:48 pm 

KaiShin wrote:
Hi All,

Does anyone know the difference between the 3 in terms on slave cylinder?
My slave cylinder is a little iffy so I am planning to upgrade to a Nismo big bore one however I can't get any solid info on which one will fit...

My understanding is that RB20 box is the same as the CA box (different bellhousing) but my understanding was that the SR box was different...

Based on the Nismo part numbers they are different they say SR/CA is 30620-RS520 and RB20 is 30620-RS580... so now I am completely confused

Based on pictures they all look the bloody same, so why the different part numbers?
SR/CA part number 30620-RS520 is for FS5W71C gearbox which you have and 30620-RS580 is for FS5R30A gearbox in GTR and GTS4 .