Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: 200b alloy radiator
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:04 pm 

Hi all , just a quick question. My 200b is in need of a new radiator and I've been quoted a minimum $170 to clean tubes and upwards again if it needs a new core. I did a quick check on eBay and there are some alloy ones for $180-$235 to suit 180b and also some for Stanza, but none listed as 200b. Are all L20 radiators similar and interchangeable or are they all specific to each model ? Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: 200b alloy radiator
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:13 am 

All l series engines have the same outlet and inlet for their radiators but the mounts are completely different. With yours being an auto it might have the transmission cooler built into the radiator and that may make it more difficult too find one with that. How hot is your engine getting? It might be worth holding off getting anything just yet and wait until you convert yours too manual. My 200b has its radiator still in it and it use too work when it was drive able over 10 years ago. You can try that if you get stuck

1971 1600, mild L18, 5 speed

All I want is less to do, more time to do it and higher pay for not getting it done.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:35 pm 

Cheers Chris, I may have to try yours or get mine done. I was going run a transmission cooler if I had too, but will probably change to manual anyway pretty soon. I've got s couple of weeks left until I'm home after this course is finished (away from home ). It does run at about 3/4 in the arvo which makes me nervous on a trip back from Albury on the weekends. Runs fine in the morning. Will have to catch up soon. At least I know the eBay option is no go . Thanks for that .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:42 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

I purchased an ebay alloy rad last year for my 200B which i believe was to suit a 280zx.

It fills the entire space where the original one has those mounting brackets i had to move the wiring loom as that ran under the original Radiator, but that was no big deal.

i now run an external Trans cooler as i had heard bad reports on the ebay/china auto rad's - something about copper trans cooler inside the Alloy rad and leaks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:59 pm 

Cheers mate, I'll have a squiz on eBay too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:53 pm 

So I finally got round to fitting the alloy eBay radiator to suit 280zx and had no major dramas, except for a leaking trans hose. Took me most of the afternoon but happy to say it was a success with relays kicking in with 85/90 degrees Thermo switch. I hooked up a third relay for a/c when I get it but it will trip the thermos off when the a/c compressor is switched on. Thanks for the advice in the forum guys , I appreciate it!

Attachments:
[ attachment ]
image.jpeg [ 70.11 KiB | Viewed 2258 times ]
[ attachment ]
image.jpeg [ 93.67 KiB | Viewed 2258 times ]
[ attachment ]
image.jpeg [ 115.73 KiB | Viewed 2258 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:40 am 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Looks good dude,