Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:42 am 

Ok time has come, we really need to get the ball rolling.

As you would have seen in the spotted thread, I am a member of another club in Perth. (PPCC)
We had a Hot 4's photoshoot, which in turn netted us great extra publicity for that club.

Good news is, Rick McDowell came in and chatted on their forum.

I took a chance, and emailed him privately, with the idea on getting him to come and do a OZDAT WA photo shoot.

Below in BOLD is what he had to say on the subject.

That night he answered back.
I'd love to do OZdat .. would be delighted ....

I'll send you another mail tommorrow as I'm buggered right now, but yeah, definitely very, very keen to get Ozdat in for a club feature :)

Soon

Rick

Then Yesterday, as it is now 2.34 Am Thursday and I am still writing this he wrote.
Rick McD wrote:
Okey Dokey Rick,
let's talk about getting an OZDAT shoot done for Hot 4s.

As you know club features are important and we've still got Drivn By Heels, VTECHnique to come and last weekend I even done the R31 Skyline club for Hot 4s, so we do like to keep it moving and several others are in the pipeline too.

The 2 most critical things right now are;
1) set a date
2) find a location

I've got a few weekends freeing up in May and that would no doubt give plenty of time to organise folks, get cars finalised, tidied, sorted etc.

We were really lucky with the PPCC location getting that industrial yard ... last weekend with the R31 club we ran into location problems and only by 8.00pm the previous night did we come up with something.
Which was basically a recreation centre carpark which wasn't great, but served the purpose.

I prefer to get onto private property as it's less stress and we don't have the hassle of cops turning up etc, etc, etc.

I can get into the Motorplex any time really, but the Plex' has been used too much over the past year and I' really prefer to find an industrial yard, a foundry, storage yard, .... you know the deal Rick.

I would actually say that this should be your first task .... ask around the group , see who has a brother / father / uncle / relative / mate / deadly enemy that works in a massive industrial yard or something.

If we sort the location, I'll look at me dates for May and then we can start organising the mini feature cars too.

OK ?

Rick McD
So yer, I counted 24 people on the can we get (another) show of hands for WA people? post in the Wa section.

This is 3 more cars that what was in the PPCC photo shoot.

What I need us to do, as soon as possible, is get together, show support to the club, by turning up for a large meeting (as many people as possible) to get some ideas flowing of where to do this.

Meeting will be at 7pm Saturday the 9th of April at my place in Morley.

Common guys lets make this work, please get every DATSUN OWNER you know to log, in, post their interest and please turn up on the day.

I was kinda thinking that extra large gravel track Deza and I went for a spin on, after one of the cruises, whiteman park has nice green lawns we could probably get permission to do it there.

Or does Aarron Sice still have connections at Don Russel??

They would have to know somewhere with large industrial yard we could use???

Once again, please, lets make this work.

I would also like members to bring some cash on the day, or at least be prepared to sign a sheet showing thier 100% committment in joining our club, which I can only guess, can only grow bigger and better as soon as this photoshoot is published.

Also, paid up members, will get the chance, to send me (who will forward them in to Rick McDowell) details of their cars, to be considered by him for a mini feature)

Thanks heaps for your time in advance.

P.S. I have SMS's every Datsun owner in my mobile phone to let you know to have a look in the forum.

Can everyone else do the same??

People who have shown interest so far

1 ) SSS_510 : Rick White, Datsun 1600 wagon, Datsun 1600 SSS 4 door sedan, Datsun Bluebird SSS Z18et

2 ) dnsv1600 : Deza, 75 180B Wagon FJ20 can you trailor the 70 1600 Sedan L18 down aswell??

3 ) olddat : Paul Mantellato, gunmetal grey autochanna 1600, White rally (log booked) 1600, blue and white daily (sometimes) driver, Nissan Patrol long wheel base (reason the daily driver 1600 is sometimes forgotten) and Burgandy rolled black track 1600

4 ) a friend of Pauls (came with him) for gt his name already.

5 ) lampy : Hayden 72 white 1600 with z18et, 260z close ratio gear box and rb20 turbo

6 ) sinads1 : Simon creme 1600 with SR20et

7 ) Team_dat : Aaron, Datsun 120y coupe with L-18

8 ) pro240c : Aaron, 240c with 1UZFE, Toyota V8

9 ) guppy : Craig, 1600 with Z18et and/or 120Y

10 ) dattoman1000 : Niel, 1000 2 door race car

11 ) kornracing01 : Vaughan, 72 Datsun 1600 with fj20et (with or without white bonnet) Maybee we can remove it for the shoot??

12 ) nd4spd : Anthony, Datsun 1600 with (SR20 et or FJ20et) what is in it now mate??

13 ) Mr Camouflage : Craig, Datsun Silvia,and/or r31 coupe, and his Z maybee??

14 ) Dazzas_Ute : Darren 1200 ute, running a L20b... as a maybee :P Welcome Darren, I will P.M you my address just incase you can make it :P

15 ) timmy : purple sr turbo powered 1600

16 ) idjet :Dave '82 720 ute, it has an L20b

17 ) bodybodyrock : Jarrad 1600 with SR20et or FJ 20et :?:

18 )MR1600 :creme 1600 (datsun pulsar is still a datsun mate) please feel welcome to come along, this club is for Datsun enthusiasts, and anyone with the love of Datsuns/early nissans is allowed.

19 ) Cal - DATSUN POWER : callum, 1000 sedan

20 ) testpilot : Dan creme 1600

21 ) Burnt16: did you get another 1600 yet :?:

22 ) phatsista : Belinda
1970 1600 rally car L18
1971 1600 tar baby half cage L16
197? can't get in the shed to look - spare
1982 280C with R30 injection in an Urvan (flying brick)
1979 260C spare for above
plus a Moke as a guest Datsun A15 efi turbo it and it will be a Datsun :twisted:

23 ) RATTO : loves Datsuns, drives a commodore :P

24 )dexter :Purple 1600, sr20, old skool rims

25 ) Tazholio :Terry 1973 180bSSS coupe?

26 ) MelloDatto : name :?: 1600 with SR20 et

27 ) MangaNOID : Name :?: s14 sr20de vvt

28 ) Matt Doesn't have internet 180B 4 door Matt Black paint with blue checkers on the rear

29 ) prospec : name/car :?: Welcome

People who normally show interest, turn up and seem to be Missing In Action

30 ) max510 : Rob P (I know your 1600 has/or is just about to come out of the paint shop)

31 ) Supercharged1600 Rob 1969 1000 4dr A12 3sp auto,1970 1600 4rd L18 5sp man, 1971 1600 4dr L18 4sp man, 1971 1600 GL 4dr SR20 man, 1981 280C Cedric L28 3sp auto

32 ) Seanan 1600 out there somewhere

33 ) FJ510Wagon, Todd 1600 wagon with FJ20ET

34 ) JK Jon 1600 SR20DET

35 ) timmy purple sr turbo powered 1600

36 ) 910fury, L20 Bluebird

37 ) BendeR, Can't wait to see your 1600 SSS mate

38 ) sssr20 - Grant 180B SSS coupe long term restoration project

39 ) dizmo : Ryan (what car do you have mate) P.S. You have a P.M waiting for you :P Address details for where the meeting will be Saturday evening

40 ) Bloke with red 180 b wagon, and 200B SSS coupe

41 ) people with the fairlady with CA 18

42 ) People with the Red 1000 coupe

43 ) people with the 1000 ute that niel did the front disk up grade for

44 ) bloke with the morris with the A-15 efi turbo upgrade

I know there are more of you, I will add you as you show interest :P

[ img ]

1981 910 SSS with Z18et, Leather interior

Last edited by SSS_510 on Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:49 pm, edited 36 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:44 am 

Well dezza works in a huge industrial yard!!!

anyway i'm down. 9th of april you say.... easy.

i'll get the word out.

good work rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:08 pm 

Don Russell Homes have kindly donated their very dated and very run down, old asbestos, bullnose saw-tooth roofed cabinet shop - complete with 70's tin carport add-ons, massive deteriorating cyclone fenced bitumen carpark and massive 5 storey rusting dust hopper - as an industrial background for our photoshoot. :thumbsup:

carpark can be viewed daily between 7am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, at 290 Scarborough Beach Road, Osborne Park.

right between the Ford and SAAB dealers (just after the Glendalough train ttation) that Don Russell owns as well :shock:

The Republic of Western Australia -
Propping up the Nation's Economy since 1901.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:13 pm 

it's hard for me to get excited about this knowing the amount of work that still needs doing to my car. :roll:

but i'll rock up to yours on april 9 - if only to say g'day and have a few cold ones :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:50 pm 

guppy wrote:
it's hard for me to get excited about this knowing the amount of work that still needs doing to my car. :roll:

but i'll rock up to yours on april 9 - if only to say g'day and have a few cold ones :D
so show up in the 120Y!

from 50M away behind a few cars, no-one will be able to tell it's condition :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:38 pm 

Ok so lety me just get this right

You want a meeting in April to get a membership going to form a club

At this meeting we will discuss CAMS, forming a club,contitution,voting for commitee and a photo shoot for Hot4's, etc etc

The date for the photo shoot yet to be decided dependant on the meeting

Right ?

I think I would like to bring a yellow car for the photo shoot if we get it organised and I'm available that weekend.

1974 L34 Torana replica (In the build)
1976 SS Torana hatchback (Restoration project)
1976 Cadillac sedan deville (Pimp cruiser)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:32 pm 

dattoman1000 wrote:
Ok so lety me just get this right

1) You want a meeting in April to get a membership going to form a club

2) At this meeting we will discuss CAMS, forming a club,contitution,voting for commitee and a photo shoot for Hot4's, etc etc

3) The date for the photo shoot yet to be decided dependant on the meeting

Right ?

4) I think I would like to bring a yellow car for the photo shoot if we get it organised and I'm available that weekend.
Niel,
1) Yes
2) Cams discussion is a must
Committee members were chosen a while ago, as we don't have paying members yet, who can vote?
Normally start committie is chosen, then 1 year down the track after paperwork is finalised, members are paying membership, we can put it a member vote to have things changed (if they wish)
Constitution, was going to be a copy of another clubs, but narrowed down a bit.

3) Yes/kind off, meeting is really to show a real interest in this photoshoot so things can get organised so not to waste Ricks MCd's time.
Also to hopefully get some old members to come out of the woodwork and hopefully put their hands in their pockets, or agree too in a couple of weeks.
Reason for this is this club formation has been on hold for way too long.

Unfortunatly, with out some actual support from potential members, this will never get under way.
There are Bank Accounts, Post Office Boxes to open, paperwork to fill out, fees to register as a club to be paid, and without the support, I feel this will never happen.

I will say, I am very happy with how quickly we were able to come up with somewhere to do this photoshoot
(I hope I didn't put you on the spot to much Aaron :P)

But well done mate.

4) Yes Niel, bring the yellow beast,
Everyone tow your cars down if you have to, the more cars the merrier.

I would like to add, this club will be non profit, any moneys paid by members, will be spent by the club, with the best interests of all members.

Any one who pays will recieve reciepts either in the form of a email on the day, or some sort of paperwork.

Any how, I am leaving work now, I'll have a look at what I have written when I get home, and make any extra comments, I feel is needed to clear things up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:11 am 

getting the location was the easy bit dude.
you've put in the hard yards with the photoshoot.

i'm surprised not many have replied yet.. :?:

your car doesn't have to be show worthy to show up on the day...

we need NUMBERS on the day. and everyone has at least a road going datsun that can show up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:31 am 

pro240c wrote:

we need NUMBERS on the day. and everyone has at least a road going datsun that can show up.
Photoshoot was just great timing mate, I have met him and thought he might show a little interest, I am blown away by how quickly he got back to me.
(I saw a what i thought was a tiny opportunity and took the plunge) I am just happy Rick McDowell has both shown enthusiasim, and is willing to spare some of his valuable time for us.

I just hope this gets everyone enthused enough.

Just say if it gets twice the amount of interest, from new people and gets the old missing in action people coming back again, as my Drivetime TV free plug, I got for one of our cruises, we should be ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:37 am 

Allllllrighty, nice work Mr White, better pull my finger out and get the green machine painted then :twisted: , cooler should be in by the end of next week and then she's off to get painted. I am working on the 7th, but could make it to Ricks by say 9:00pm, so if you guys can stay sober etc :lol: , I'll rock up for that too. Although I'm not a reader of Hot4's (to much rice and bling) this sort of exposure can only be a good thing, lets get a good turn out for this and the sky's the limit. 8)

Formally: 510 L22B twin webber terror
510 FJ20et (510 FJ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:00 am 

hey dudes count me in.. just need to know when it is so i can get the old girl goin again... thanks ricks for your txt msg

p.s jarrad i havent forgotten either...we will get your goin for that as well :D

Post subject: OzDat WA Photoshoot
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:04 pm 

Fantastic work Rick well done mate.

My work is certainly big enough building site for it, but ppl mite get bogged :oops: plus not sure if we could use it. :(

Rick could you Contact DriveTime TV and Crusing to plug the event when we have finalised a date and time for the shoot?

I feel like BIG KEV (atm) I'M SOOO EXCITED

Once again great job Rick :hail:

I assume a Sunday would be the go for most ppl. Rick McDowell suggested May is good for him. So Im thinking 8th or 15th May 6 to 7 weeks away heaps of time to get things organised(cars & ppl).

Arron S can we use your location on a Weekend?

Dose anyone know someone who can make us a Banner? pm me details or call 0422 428 691

I'm in the process of getting a couple sample stickers made from a friend in Bunbury not sure if they can do a banner.

[ img ]
76 180B Wagon FJ20e, LT8 -daily
83 DR30RS FJ20et, GT35/40, 45mm Turbo Smart waste gate, 35mm Sard BOV, 356rwhp @ 19psi.

GO HARD or GO HOME, GO SIDEWAYS or GO SQUARE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:11 am 
Site Admin

I think the R31 club got a banner printed and it cost $50. I could ask them where they got it, If i could remember my damn username and password over there.

Damn I forgot all about the R31 photo shoot. I should have taken my coupe down.

Ah well have to try and get the Datsun Silvia running and bring it along to this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:39 pm 

pro240c wrote:

I SMS'd 21 people that night/morning I posted this new thread.

I can not believe only what I can see is 2 people out of the Missing In Action group out of that 21 have responded with a show of hands on this thread.

Aaron, I went and had a look at Don Russels block last night, drove around the block, where I could see the lot (looks good mate)

I will be getting peoples names after I post this message, and adding names of people who have shown interest in this post in my original post.

We had 24 names on the can we get another show of hands thread, most of them have been SMS'd by me, there were others aswell.

Even James Fitness has messaged me privatley with a congratulations on this event, he has also sent me another offer that I will be speaking about on the 9th April at my house.

Any how, lets make this work.
You know you want to.

Yes the main committie members have answered, but I never doubted they would.

Common guys and girls, raise your hands, add a message showing your interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:40 pm 

Yeah im keen for the shoot and the get together. I have looked at my work roster and im not working any of those days so ill be there.
Hope we get a big turn out!!
:D