Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:56 pm 

yeah my name is Hayden, Rick
also what is your address in Morley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:41 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

hey yea i am in on the photo shoot if i can make it that day! :roll:

dont think i can make the meeting though.

bump me up the list anyway Rick
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:59 pm 

hi i'm new team_dat sent me over from 1200.com might see you there for the shoot!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:02 am 

Welcome aboard dude glad you could make it.

hope to see you at the shoot.

and the meeting this weekend!! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:25 pm 

an idea for the photo shoot location and a great drive out which i went to on the weekend is north dandalup dam. a picture of the cars lined up on the top of the dam wall would look sweet. anyway worth a look if any of the organisers want to check it out. or organise a cruise there for a BBQ at least.

dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:10 pm 

RATTO wrote:
an idea for the photo shoot location and a great drive out which i went to on the weekend is north dandalup dam. a picture of the cars lined up on the top of the dam wall would look sweet. anyway worth a look if any of the organisers want to check it out. or organise a cruise there for a BBQ at least.

dan
Thanks for the imput Dan, sounds great for a BBQ.

Unfortunatly it is no good for a photo shoot, as we can not guarentee we can get all the cars up there on the day.
Reason for this is we will not be able to stop Joe public from parking up there while we are trying to sort the cars out ect ect.

This is the reason we asked for ideas, with permission from owners of the land/properties.

Once again, I would love to get up there for a BBQ/get together.
We seemed to go past three of the dams second last cruise??

Would of loved a chance to explore.

1981 910 SSS with Z18et, Leather interior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:31 pm 

where is dandalup :?:

The Republic of Western Australia -
Propping up the Nation's Economy since 1901.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:40 pm 

pro240c wrote:
where is North Dandalup :?:
www.whereis.com.au recons it is dead straight line inland from Mandurah.

Bit of a hike that one??

Close to team dat though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:16 pm 

yeah its a bit of a hike but a good one, correct about it being in a straight line inland of mandurah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:12 pm 

:shock: dam it :shock:
i only just saw the date for the meet and its 2 night sorry rick wont b there 4 it mate only just got the msg from the 910 site havent been on here 4 a while, should be up 4 the photo shoot though sounds good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:07 am 

SSS_510 wrote:
People who actually turned up to talk about joining the club tonight 9th April 2005

1 ) SSS_510 : Rick White, Datsun 1600 wagon, Datsun 1600 SSS 4 door sedan, Datsun Bluebird SSS Z18et

2 ) dnsv1600 : Deza, 75 180B Wagon FJ20 can you trailor the 70 1600 Sedan L18 down aswell??

3 ) olddat : Paul Mantellato, gunmetal grey autochanna 1600, White rally (log booked) 1600, blue and white daily (sometimes) driver, Nissan Patrol long wheel base (reason the daily driver 1600 is sometimes forgotten) and Burgandy rolled black track 1600

4 ) a friend of Pauls (came with him) for gt his name already.

5 ) lampy : [/b]Hayden 72 white 1600 with z18et, 260z close ratio gear box and rb20 turbo

6 ) sinads1 : Simon creme 1600 with SR20et

7 ) idjet : Dave '82 720 ute, it has an L20b

People in Blue turned up tonight.

Person in Red was soo exited they came a week early :twisted:

Person in green phoned me on Monday, and came for a chat, as he was working shift at collie power station on Saturday night

What happened to the rest of you??

We are trying to get a club together for you, the enthusiasts.

I don't know what more to do :?:

Last edited by SSS_510 on Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Rick.

I sent you an email on tuesday asking about the meeting. I didnt know there was one untill i read about that guy showung up a week early, so i sent you an email.

......never recieved a reply. Pretty hard to turn up when i dont know your address.

I guess most people were out getting pissed, or working, being a saturday night.

I think more peeple will turn up to the photo shoot.

So are there any minutes of what was discussed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:54 pm 

Mr Camouflage wrote:
Hi Rick.

I sent you an email on tuesday asking about the meeting. I didnt know there was one untill i read about that guy showung up a week early, so i sent you an email.

......never recieved a reply. Pretty hard to turn up when i dont know your address.

I guess most people were out getting pissed, or working, being a saturday night.

I think more peeple will turn up to the photo shoot.

So are there any minutes of what was discussed?
Craig.
I never got any email from you mate :roll:
You must of been the only person I missed with privately messaging my address to.
What email address did you send it to :?:

Any how, meeting was to talk about CAMS get memberships paid, so we can get the actual paperwork done with some of it, place a advert in a newspaper which needs to be done 1 month before the paperwork goes in, then to hopefully buy the CAMS insurance if that is the way we are going to go, get bank account sorted, and a P.O. Box paid for in full for a year.

Because of the absolutely poor turnout last night, the people on the night were quite disheartened, and we decided to look at Lampys 1600 after sitting here for a hour or two asking each other about our cars, mode, technical stuff.
Came in had a look at some of my collectable stuff, and new parts, and then everyone went home.

I personally do not see the point of placing a advert, getting all the paperwork done, and buying CAMS insurance for the club with my hard earned money, if the missing in action (members to be) are not interested in spending a little of their time (especially as lots of you said they would be here and didn't turn up)

As I have said we are building this for all of you (the members)

If we can not get enough members to pitch in, spend some time, ask questions 1 on 1 and put their hands in their pockets and become members, which will help to get this club running then I see no future in it.
I am not a rich man, and can not afford to do all this in advance myself for you, especially as going by last nights meeting, it will take me a long time to get my money back from memberships, that may or may not come in, in the future.

In the last month, I have taken a huge amount of my time, to edit my original post as members showed interest, I went to the drags on Wednesday every week for three weeks, and found new members, I SMS'ed 25+ people the night I wrote the original post, I have joined extra forums and picked up extra people to maybee join, I have printed out flyers to place on Datsun owners windscreens that I see
Today I went to Benger to watch the autochanna and found three potential Datsun owners to join.
458 mile round trip.

Deza, myself, Team Dat, and Vaughn had a 4? hour meeting ourselves during the week, to work out what we needed to do to get this running, paperwork has been signed, ready to post out.

All I asked for was a couple of hours of peoples time last night, with heaps of notice.

As for the photoshoot, that is something that will probably have to be postponed, timing on this was of the essence, by the time the shoot was to be printed, it takes some time to happen, we needed to be a actual running viable club with paid members, with a spoken about by the members goal and some history for Rick Mcdowell to write about.

Any how, I will not book a the photo shoot with no members, I do not want to waste Rick McDowels time, imaging going to all that time and effort, to only have 5 people turn up.
Not only will it be a waste of Rick McDoweels time, but I will be left feeling foolish.

Once again Craig, I appologise for not sending you my address :oops: But I deffinatly did not get a email from you to my sss510@arach.net.au email account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:54 pm 

Sorry i wasn't there guys, i rang Dez and explained.
bit of a bad week, will catch up with dez and you rick as soon as i can to go over things.

cheers
Aaron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:10 pm 
Site Admin

Just some observations (dont flame me just playing devils advocate a bit).

R31 club had a photo shoot, and they are just an internet club, like ozdat wa currently is.

How long have you guys been meeting and going for cruises? Thats history aint it?

I though everyone was going to be handing over cash at the photo shoot. that what this thread originally said. I'm not in the habit of rearing threads from start to finish every time i visit this site. So when i read it weeks ago there was no mention of a meeting prior to the actual photo shoot meeting. If i've already read pages 1,2 and 3, i dont go back and read them again, so editing what you said in on the first page aint going to get noticed, unless you post a new message telling people to go back and read the first post.

I wonder how many people were actually aware that there was a meeting prior to the photoshoot?

So are you saying the photoshoot is cancelled?
Pity. I've been working on the silvia trying to get it drivable for the shoot, and the exposure that would generate would be beficial to the club, even if its not an "official" club yet.

At wazcars we have about 30 to 40 people, but meetings are usually only attended by 5 to 10 people. :?