Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:29 pm 

SSS_510 wrote:
What I need us to do, as soon as possible, is get together, show support to the club, by turning up for a large meeting (as many people as possible) to get some ideas flowing of where to do this.

Meeting will be at 7pm Saturday the 9th of April at my place in Morley.

Common guys lets make this work, please get every DATSUN OWNER you know to log, in, post their interest and please turn up on the day.

I would also like members to bring some cash on the day, or at least be prepared to sign a sheet showing thier 100% committment in joining our club, which I can only guess, can only grow bigger and better as soon as this photoshoot is published.

Also, paid up members, will get the chance, to send me (who will forward them in to Rick McDowell) details of their cars, to be considered by him for a mini feature)
Thanks heaps for your time in advance.
I don't know how much better I could of written the original post.
It said big meeting at my place 7pm Saturday 9th April.

I would like members to bring cash on the day to pay for their membership.
Paid up members will have the chance to email me, who will forward details of their cars to Rick McDowell for him to decide who gets a mini feature.

Like all this needs to be done before the photo shoot.
So Rick can write a article to go with the photo's, decide which cars he wants to do a mini shoot on.

If we have no members before the photoshoot, how/when are the mini features going to be picked??
How will he know which cars he wants to do?

1981 910 SSS with Z18et, Leather interior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:45 pm 

SSS_510 wrote:
dattoman1000 wrote:
Ok so lety me just get this right

1) You want a meeting in April to get a membership going to form a club

2) At this meeting we will discuss CAMS, forming a club,contitution,voting for commitee and a photo shoot for Hot4's, etc etc

3) The date for the photo shoot yet to be decided dependant on the meeting

Right ?

4) I think I would like to bring a yellow car for the photo shoot if we get it organised and I'm available that weekend.
Niel,
1) Yes
2) Cams discussion is a must
Committee members were chosen a while ago, as we don't have paying members yet, who can vote?
Normally start committie is chosen, then 1 year down the track after paperwork is finalised, members are paying membership, we can put it a member vote to have things changed (if they wish)
Constitution, was going to be a copy of another clubs, but narrowed down a bit.

3) Yes/kind off, meeting is really to show a real interest in this photoshoot so things can get organised so not to waste Ricks MCd's time.
Also to hopefully get some old members to come out of the woodwork and hopefully put their hands in their pockets, or agree too in a couple of weeks.
Reason for this is this club formation has been on hold for way too long.

Unfortunatly, with out some actual support from potential members, this will never get under way.
There are Bank Accounts, Post Office Boxes to open, paperwork to fill out, fees to register as a club to be paid, and without the support, I feel this will never happen.

I will say, I am very happy with how quickly we were able to come up with somewhere to do this photoshoot
(I hope I didn't put you on the spot to much Aaron :P)

But well done mate.

4) Yes Niel, bring the yellow beast,
Everyone tow your cars down if you have to, the more cars the merrier.

I would like to add, this club will be non profit, any moneys paid by members, will be spent by the club, with the best interests of all members.

Any one who pays will recieve reciepts either in the form of a email on the day, or some sort of paperwork.
I thought I was quite clear in this message aswell :?:

I am very amased Neil didn't turn up on the 9th to place his vote for CAMS

Craig, you arrived in this message thread just after I wrote the answers back to Niel.
I would of thought what was said in my answers would of been enough to let everyone know what was going on :?:

P.S. 7 ) idjet : Dave '82 720 ute, it has an L20b phoned me Yesterday, and came over to discuss what was said at the meeting he couldn't attend, as he was working late shift at collie power station.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:26 pm 

was WAY too busy making my headers to even break to come to the meeting.

i never said i was gonna come anyways, as i knew i would be working on them that day.

i'm still pushing for late may to have my car finished, photoshoot or not.

and there's not much point in me paying BEFORE the shoot anyways, considering that my car won't even be ready for Mr McDowell (does anyone else have flashbacks of "coming to america" with that name...?) to photograph.

so as much as i want this club to form, i have many ohter priorites to take care of first.

now please excuse me, i have a baby that needs bathing now.

The Republic of Western Australia -
Propping up the Nation's Economy since 1901.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:32 pm 

Mr Camouflage wrote:
Just some observations (dont flame me just playing devils advocate a bit).

R31 club had a photo shoot, and they are just an internet club, like ozdat wa currently is.

How long have you guys been meeting and going for cruises? Thats history aint it?

I though everyone was going to be handing over cash at the photo shoot. that what this thread originally said. I'm not in the habit of rearing threads from start to finish every time i visit this site. So when i read it weeks ago there was no mention of a meeting prior to the actual photo shoot meeting. If i've already read pages 1,2 and 3, i dont go back and read them again, so editing what you said in on the first page aint going to get noticed, unless you post a new message telling people to go back and read the first post.

I wonder how many people were actually aware that there was a meeting prior to the photoshoot?

So are you saying the photoshoot is cancelled?
Pity. I've been working on the silvia trying to get it drivable for the shoot, and the exposure that would generate would be beficial to the club, even if its not an "official" club yet.

At wazcars we have about 30 to 40 people, but meetings are usually only attended by 5 to 10 people. :?
:idea:

agreed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:38 pm 

pro240c wrote:
was WAY too busy making my headers to even break to come to the meeting.

i never said i was gonna come anyways, as i knew i would be working on them that day.

i'm still pushing for late may to have my car finished, photoshoot or not.

and there's not much point in me paying BEFORE the shoot anyways, considering that my car won't even be ready for Mr McDowell (does anyone else have flashbacks of "coming to america" with that name...?) to photograph.

so as much as i want this club to form, i have many ohter priorites to take care of first.

now please excuse me, i have a baby that needs bathing now.
Aaron, you are not paying money to be in the photoshoot, you are paying membership to become a member of this club.
I never said you said you were coming on the 9th either, kinda gave you allowances since you have just extended your family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:41 pm 

i'm bowing out anyways as events co-ordinator so someone's gonna have to fill my spot. :cry:

so you can make me an "unofficial" member now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:16 pm 

i think that you will need to offer more for the members then an unconfirmed photo shoot.

how about say. "the photo shoot will be (date) for those that wish to attend the photoshoot, you must be a member of the club, and you must pay (price) by (date) to become a member."

no one wants to invest into a club that has no concrete returns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:59 pm 

Tazholio wrote:
i think that you will need to offer more for the members then an unconfirmed photo shoot.

how about say. "the photo shoot will be (date) for those that wish to attend the photoshoot, you must be a member of the club, and you must pay (price) by (date) to become a member."

no one wants to invest into a club that has no concrete returns.
Well, if members came to the meeting, we could of chatted about CAMS insurance, which leads to track days, autochannas, Motorchannas, through invites from other car clubs, maybee hosting our own round of the state motorchanna round :P

Cruises, newsletters, end of year BBQ's, getting ideas on how to get sponsorship, club discounts, buying public liability insurance for the club, so if we have meetings we will have coverage, maybee the hiring of a hall or something to have monthly meetings ect ect, but 5 people were present.

Photoshoot is a bonus.
We also need to throw ideas around, to help Rick write the article to go with the photoshoot.

Also we need to vote on a date, we need to know how many cars/members approximatly to expect, wether like Aaron, might need it to be a month later due to his car taking a little longer than expected.

Hense the meeting night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:32 pm 

WTF is wrong with the "Datsun" people of WA, everybody sayin yeh yeh i'll be there, and not even bothering to show you faces. Some of us had legit excuses and let rick know we couldn't be there (work, personal issues and babies), the least you could do is turn up if you say you are gonna be there, or send an e-mail/sms if you can't make it. **** wanka's. :evil:

Formally: 510 L22B twin webber terror
510 FJ20et (510 FJ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:28 pm 

my point is that everything is a MAYBE. no one in business will make an investment in a company that doesnt exist, asides the person making the company.

with no concrete outcome, you will have nothing. thats not my opinion, thats the way the world works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:24 am 

yeh but this isn't a business Terry, it's a club for enthusiasts, if no one is enthusiastic, then it won't happen now will it???

510 FJ20et (510 FJ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:07 am 

it is a form of business, with 'investors', 'cash flow', 'income' and 'expenses'. Its just non profit. The same rules apply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:22 pm 

i'm happy to just see the regular 10 or so people. i'm actually having to look at joining another club JUST to drive in events.

if people can't be arsed with the club, then i can't be arsed with them.

and i'm certainly not going to push an issue if people can't be bothered pushing back.

so to the next person that asks "what happened to the perth datto club"...

:bringit:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:16 am 

Meh, fair call Aaron, just about had a ringfull myself, it just seems only a few of us are really all that keen, so maybe only these few should just sign off and affiliate ourselves with another club (interested in which club you are looking at by the way :wink: ) and the rest can sit on their hands/arses until the cows come home. That way we can still have our occasional inhouse Datto cruises and leave it at that.

Thats my 2 cents. 8)

510 FJ20et (510 FJ)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:05 pm 

Tazholio wrote:
my point is that everything is a MAYBE. no one in business will make an investment in a company that doesnt exist, asides the person making the company.

with no concrete outcome, you will have nothing. thats not my opinion, thats the way the world works.
An Association is a business that has regular meetings with people attending that are invited to also they send appolagies if they can't NOT just not show then complain they missed it. :( :?
Tazholio wrote:
my point is that everything is a MAYBE.
With no concrete outcome, you will have nothing. thats not my opinion, thats the way the world works.
Unfortunatly that is your opinion, But the thing you over look (BIG PICTURE) is that to have a Business you need CONCRETE investors not wishy washy ppl who say they'll be there and dont show or dont put hand in there pockets (deep pockets short arms). We need close to $1500 :chaching: to start the club insurance, application, advirtizing, signs, stickers, Tshirts the list goes on & on.

We do organize CONCRETE events that no one can arsed to come or evan show an intrest until it's to late!!!!!!!!! Than say we can not organize a sh*t in a toilet.

These negative responses make me & the other Comittee members very ANGRY & DISHEARTENED. :twisted: :tsktsk:

:idea: Terry here is an idea maybe you shoud organise the next EVENT to find out the work involved and feel this dissappoint when 1/3rd of the ppl turn up then 2/3rds go home. Please dont get wrong we appriciate those ppl who turn up just wish more of you all would do the same and more stay for the event.
We understand that ppl have comitments like work, study, as well unexspected comitments we apprieciate a call to lets us know what happening.

That my big two cents.

[ img ]
76 180B Wagon FJ20e, LT8 -daily
83 DR30RS FJ20et, GT35/40, 45mm Turbo Smart waste gate, 35mm Sard BOV, 356rwhp @ 19psi.

GO HARD or GO HOME, GO SIDEWAYS or GO SQUARE