Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:19 pm 

Fair enough, however did you think that my opnion is also fact? As I am one of the prospective "investors".

I have attended two events when I had no car. And I will continue to try to attend now that I have a car. However I wont put aside something I've already planned to attend an event.

I said I wasn't going to be at Ricks. And i have said i will attend the photoshoot.
Tazholio wrote:
i will attend the shoot but not the meeting
:idea: Heres an idea, I don't have the time to organise an event, nor the motivation. I will not put money on something, unless I know how/when I will see some return.

Tell me a time, tell me the location and tell me the cost, and i will be there if i can.

If my 'negative responses' made anyone angry and disheartened, then its time to realise what i actually said. A club isnt going to get anywhere without feedback. I think the term is "constructive criticism"

I am sorry if i have really offended anyone, that was not the intention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:49 pm 

Tazholio wrote:

I have attended two events when I had no car. And I will continue to try to attend now that I have a car. However I wont put aside something I've already planned to attend an event.
Fair enough, and you said you was not going to be there, which is fine
Tazholio wrote:

:idea: Heres an idea, I don't have the time to organise an event, nor the motivation. I will not put money on something, unless I know how/when I will see some return.
The reason there was a meeting set was for potential members to get together, have a vote on a few things (like CAMS insurance) once we have the vote, find out what the members want, we can come up with a price, and a full set of goals and ambitions for our members.

There is no reason for us to buy CAMS insurance, if (lets say we start with 25 members ans only 5 members want to go and play)

But if members do have this in their sights for lets say next year, starting this year could be benificial, as premiums should go down a bit the second year, after we show we are responsible :?:

Tazholio wrote:

Tell me a time, tell me the location and tell me the cost, and i will be there if i can.
If my 'negative responses' made anyone angry and disheartened, then its time to realise what i actually said. A club isnt going to get anywhere without feedback. I think the term is "constructive criticism"

Once again this is why the meeting was set, so we could get feedback, make real decisions, ect ect, going back and forth on this forum for the past 5 years hasn't done us good (we still are not a club) another 5 years of back and forth won't help either

Tazholio wrote:

I am sorry if i have really offended anyone, that was not the intention.

You didn't upset me, I am most sadened about the other people who have not added a comment, reason for not turning up since the set meeting day.

Once again I am sorry to Craig for missing him with my address :oops:

1981 910 SSS with Z18et, Leather interior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:34 am 
Site Admin

Dont worry about it Rick.

As for being a formal culb, cams etc etc. I think put that on the shelf untill people can prove they are interested.

I reckon start off slow. pick a meeting point, like a quiet pub, and meet there once a month for a beer and a chat, plan a cruise or a bbq now and then.

See how much interest there is with that, then work out where to go from there.

You dont need cams if you're not doing any driving events.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:39 am 

Mr Camouflage wrote:

As for being a formal culb, cams etc etc. I think put that on the shelf untill people can prove they are interested.

I reckon start off slow. pick a meeting point, like a quiet pub, and meet there once a month for a beer and a chat, plan a cruise or a bbq now and then.

Ha haa, I want to driving events, benger, state motorchanna round ect ect, I also bought into PPCC same club as Niel, and they decided against it, would prefer to pay new membership to this club, and do the CAMS through it, and start a OZDAT WA motorsport team

1981 910 SSS with Z18et, Leather interior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:22 am 

Mr Camouflage wrote:

that's a great idea - ala the FE/FC holden club of WA.

The Republic of Western Australia -
Propping up the Nation's Economy since 1901.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:35 pm 

yeah i agree with rick, you need driving events.
driving events are everything in a club!
and that means you need cams.

Face it guys, datsuns are natural racecars!
i won't be as interested if there are only cruizes. I want to drive fast off the street, and on the racetrack!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:00 pm 

Hi all.

second wednesday night of next month (that's May folks, the 11th to be exact) - and hopefully every second wednesday of each month after that - there will be an informal meet at

Fast Eddies
Morley Galleria
7:00pm

if you are aggrieved by this date then tell someone who gives a sh1t or come along the following month. i'm over setting dates for namby-pamby people who try to have everything arranged around themselves and then can't be ar5ed showing. and if that offends you, then let me know and i'll either

a) tell you where you can shove it, or
b) give you a practical demonstration of where to shove it.

depending on my mood.

i look forward to seeing whoever shows up on the 11th.

ciao.

The Republic of Western Australia -
Propping up the Nation's Economy since 1901.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:44 pm 

Quote:
You didn't upset me, I am most sadened about the other people who have not added a comment, reason for not turning up since the set meeting day.
yeah ok, fair call. reasons i didn't go:
1) the footy was on
2) party at a mate's place
3) i'm sick of (working on) dattos for the moment - i'll no doubt get a second wind, but the fact that i get cleaned up at an intersection then defected within 2 weeks of an epic (for me anyway) conversion, just knocked it out of me :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:18 pm 

umm yea sorry guys been on hols then working like a dog and had no net facilitys till yesterday so im back in action i suppose?

'75 - 260Z 2+2; now complete with 8 cylinders of pure sexualism - experience it yourself here ... http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11052

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:23 pm 

I know I'm only new to the forum and my 2 cents prob ain't worth sh@t, but I own a 1600 and I am a member of afarcc only because I compete in the speed event series and they are a cams reg ( insurable ) car club, when afarcc started they had 5 members, 2 years (?) later they became a cams affiliated club, and now have 70+ members, if the ozdat wa chapter was to become cams affiliated I would be first inline to join, as would a few other people I race against..becoming affiliated with cams gives the club more exposure,therfore creating more members inturn that will create a more active club in the WA motoring community..

only my 2cents
cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:48 pm 

2slow Thank you for your VALID viewpoint.
THIS IS FOR EVERYONE AND NO-ONE IN PARTICULAR
(so Please don't get affended put your hand up and turn up and Pay up to be a member.)
I (we) do understand that being in CAMS is most beneficial the Club and its Members. The problem we have is to MANY KNOCKERS and not enough DOERS. Meaning why have a club with NO members and NO MONEY. I'm not going to waste over $1000 OF MY MONEY to start a club for no-one that can't be arsed turning up for events or meetings and PAY for Membership. The last meeting lots of people replied and said they'll be there but on the day there were 5 and 1 apology by phone 20 minutes prior to the start and a truck load of complaints. :( We understand people have commitments also some live in the Country like yourself strangly these people seam to be the eager and willing ones. :? all though they have further to travel for events and meetings. :wink:

[ img ]
76 180B Wagon FJ20e, LT8 -daily
83 DR30RS FJ20et, GT35/40, 45mm Turbo Smart waste gate, 35mm Sard BOV, 356rwhp @ 19psi.

GO HARD or GO HOME, GO SIDEWAYS or GO SQUARE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:10 am 

so is there a club ?
where do I send my money ? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:35 pm 
Site Admin

2slow wrote:
so is there a club ?
where do I send my money ? :)
Yeah ,send your money to me :D

Just kidding, no club yet. just regular meetings to see whos interested.