Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:41 pm 
Old Digger

I thought this would be a good idea because we all are always buying equipment and tools as we go along the Datsun fixing/restoring frenzy money gulping experience.

For instance today a Bunnings I saw a GMC 2.5hp 40L compressor for only $98 with a free hose. Sh~t that?s cheap. I bought one and it is pretty good. There's two model for sale one is the 20L which is also on sale but you have to ask them for the larger model a the tool section counter. :wink:

If anyone wants a cheap 2.0hp 20L compressor in Vic let me know. You can have it for a slab of Draft. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:00 pm 

Supa Cheap has a Arc welder for $95!
And Kmart has a roll cab and 6 draw tool chest for $99!

They are recent specials though. They would only be crap but hey, $100 is cheap for a roll cab and box!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:16 pm 

I bought a cheap slide hammer once to do some bodywork (dont let your girlfriend drive...), it was a fantastic buy until with a good belt it broke and I nearly lost my nuts by whacking myself with the slide bit. Another few mm and who knows...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:08 am 

REPCO has a 140amp arc welder pack with mask, gloves and a few rods for $99 in Adelaide at the moment. saves you 30 odd bucks with the mask and stuff included. 8)

"Life is like an ocean. You need to drown in it to realise its intensity." --George Jung--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:42 am 

Bunnings have assorted open end/ring spanners for $1 each.
I take these to pick a part insted of my sidchrome stuff. (just incase i accidently leave tools there , i dont really care about the cheap ones).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:33 pm 

I bought a set of kinchrome cheap spanners because I ahve a habit of throwing the fcukers across teh backyard when something goes wrong/I slip and bash my hand/cut myself

Ended up with a Rotor powered Mazda 1300

Still want a Stanza though...

Parts car in the driveway, RX-4 (clone) station wagon in the carport, crashed 1300 in the street.
My missus can't understand why I want another car??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:10 pm 

I bought a cheapo ROE spanner set at Super Cheap about a year ago. All of my tools were metric, and I needed some imperial ones to work on the P76 engine. Well, I got what I paid for - I have bent 2 spanners, and they don't fit on the bolts really well. Good to get you out of a pinch, but I wouldn't trust them on anything too precious.

OTOH, I left my good allen key set at a wreckers many years ago (I know what you mean, Green 510). Of course I realised my mistake several weeks later when I was replacing back brake pads on my R31, and I had to strip one of the calipers. Being Sunday afternoon, the only tool shop open near me was one of these nasty bargain warehouses. :roll:

I figured if the $2.50 allen key set let me finish the job, then it would be money well spent. I still have that same allen key set, after about 11 years of abuse. Best $2.50 tools I've ever bought :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:10 pm 

YELLOWDAT wrote:
For instance today a Bunnings I saw a GMC 2.5hp 40L compressor for only $98 with a free hose. Sh~t that?s cheap. I bought one and it is pretty good. There's two model for sale one is the 20L which is also on sale but you have to ask them for the larger model a the tool section counter. :wink:

If anyone wants a cheap 2.0hp 20L compressor in Vic let me know. You can have it for a slab of Draft. :D
I bought two of the $100 ones and hooked them up together - double capacity and power for $200! edit- and 2 year warranty!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:35 am 
Old Digger

nice one :thumbsup: