Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:53 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:56 pm 

Hi guys,

After a bit of advise as I am running in the dark a bit:
I am going to sell a 180B SSS as I have too many projects going at the moment and I would like to get an idea what to ask for it. Basic details of the car are:
Car has NO rust as in zilch, nada rust as car has always been garaged, the body is 99% straight, never bent, it was actually driven by an old lady until I got it. motor is orig 180B sss rebuilt, ported polished head etc out to about 2ltr with flat tops and rally cam so good for road, electronic dizzy, high pressure oil pump, motor is blueprinted and balanced.
Front end is upgrade to 240K struts with the bigger brakes, rear end is set up with R31 discs and calipers with fully functional handbrake.
Car is still Vic registered (L reg) with orig plates and would have no trouble with rwc.
It is shod with 14 x 6 jelly beans with near new tyres.
Diff is in excellent cond, it is currently running a 4.875, these alone are as rare as rocking horse poop, have longer diffs if required by purchaser.
Paint is original metalic green, the clear top coat has gone to god in a few places tho.
Car is an absolute pleasure to drive.
Please give me an idea what it is worth bearing in mind it has no rust, never been bent and is an absolute delight to drive.
This car has been built by Bill Evans who was head of the mechanical side of the Datsun Rally team for several years as well as being a Datsun works rally and circuit driver (5 Bathurst class wins in works Datsuns he had prepared.
Can someone please give me an idea what it is worth, all suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers, Sam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:47 pm 

Get some pictures up for an accurate pricing.

Also what year model is it? I think the early models are worth more IMO, better dash, front guards/grill setup.

From what you describe, it sounds like a $6 - 8k car, possibly more if the pictures show something that looks really good.