Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: E15 Help!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:45 am 

Hey guys.

Just got an 82 TS Pulsar with an E15 - i want to get a bit more power out of it so can anyone give me any suggestions?

Is there a better carby that i can chuck on, or is there a better engine that i can throw in? Give me any suggestions, no matter how crazy.

I apologise if this has been asked before but i tried searchin and didn't find anythin.

Cheers guys and don't be afraid to say that my car is so sh*t its not worth doin anythin too!

Post subject: Re: E15 Help!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:59 am 

scottishslayer wrote:
Hey guys.

Just got an 82 TS Pulsar with an E15 - i want to get a bit more power out of it so can anyone give me any suggestions?

Is there a better carby that i can chuck on, or is there a better engine that i can throw in? Give me any suggestions, no matter how crazy.

I apologise if this has been asked before but i tried searchin and didn't find anythin.

Cheers guys and don't be afraid to say that my car is so sh#t its not worth doin anythin too!
ET turbo engine springs to mind straight away. I've also seen ca18det (using exa gear) and SR20DE/T - SSS pulsar gear.

Sorry I dont know too much about them, but there are some quick ET pulsars. Just the amount of money spent on them is ridiculous compared to the times they are running.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:05 am 

Thanks for replyin so quick!

By the amount of money compared to time do you mean that you put lots of it in and don't get much out, or the other way around? And do you know if it bolts straight in or what sort of work is needed.

Thanks mate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:10 am 

this site should be able to help you a bit
http://n12turbo.com/

The 1600

Recommended traders: Nissanman, pro240c, 2door510, Datsport, mkyle, Green510, Um_510, jdmdatsun510, Ludachris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:38 am 

I think what mad1600 is saying is that it takes quite a bit of money to get them into quick times - but that depends on your definition of quick and what cars you are comparing it to. If you are looking for drag monster there might be better cars to start with, but if your goals are a little more sedate then the E15 turbo motor would have to be a good bet. Looking in the trading post there are EXA turbos for as low as $1000, if you were particularily attached to your current car then looking at something like that to strip for the parts would have to be a reasonable place to start. Alternatively you could look at how much you could get for your current car and how much a decent condition ET turbo is, you may find that you would spend more putting the different motor in and still behind on things like brakes, interior etc. Just a few thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:42 am 

yeh cheers what yer sayin makes sense bob - i like the older style cars but just gettin an et to start with makes a lot of sense. i'm an apprentice mechanic hich means i can do most of the work myself - but the other thing that comes with being an apprentice is lack of money, so buying a car with the engine already in makes sense.

thanks for your input guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:21 pm 

The other option is just to work the E15, I know a 32/36 or similar can be fitted, and there's no reason that you can't get a bit of porting done on the head.

Carby would require an adaptor, I had a mate who had one on his car, so it can be done. Also extractors, the usual things. Would be cheaper than buying an ET, and finding a good, unmolested ET is not easy these days, nor cheap.