Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:04 am 

hi sauly i think i got the drivers side rail if i dont i got 2 passenger side ones if there ne good, when u comin back man i wanna see you thrash the SSS at awaba, i have heard ur a littel hard on the SSS lol

May as well tel lu all soem things thta have happened over the last couple of days, got the drivers seat in prolll could do with another inch further back, got it back on its wheels now wheel bearings came yesterday, got the auto electricain comign out 2day to chekc a few things and give me a rough cost, gonan bolt in the harness and the half cage to see if i got enuf clearance with the seats

thats about it i will get pics 2day

cheers

I am able to do general fabrication work mild steel, stainess steel, rust repair patches, catch cans etc. pm or email me at cording_da_revhead@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:23 am 

Mate sorry about the late reply!
Still living in Lonon, have recently aquired a black 98 model almera GTI, has an SR20, SSS wheels and a full nissan body kit, full service record, and no rust, hopefully going to ship it home mid next year when I head home! Will probably be the only N15 2 door around.
I have also been gathering new sparco seats and Nav gear for the rally car, unbelievable how much cheaper things are here.
Yes unfortunately I killed a coupe a while ago, but have a fresh car to start with when I get back.
How is the project going, the only thing I have been working on is my drinking arms and my beer belly!
Would appreciate if you hang onto that drivers side rail.
Thanks Andrew

SR20DE

Closest thing I could find to a datto In London
Looks like a 2 door pulsar SSS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:01 pm 

ong time no update but i got a few more pics 4 u all and a bit of an update.

I have got my stinger ems and gettign my gearbox on tuesday had the engien in and is back out atm getting a new sump and some light weight pulleys. Got my coilovers last week, they are off a Stanza and they fit well in the SSS got 4inches of height adjustment just need a bit of a clean up on the threads and all will go well.

Well now for some pics not many but i cant give away 2 much lol

Coilovers, not bad 4 $350

[ img ]

[ img ]

Something a little different with the lights

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

No chrome trim o nthe back and no boot lock got a electronic eb flacon one comin 4 it

[ img ]

Brakes o nthe left are wot r going on the fronts the right ones are the stock lol bit of a difference

[ img ]

pics of the lights installed

[ img ]

Also debadging and filling up the rear quarter indicators

[ img ]

SO yeah thats pretty much it atm the interior is coming together nicely unfortunately the digi cma died on me b4 i could take nemore pics.

tell me wot u guys think, all comments welcomed

cheers

I am able to do general fabrication work mild steel, stainess steel, rust repair patches, catch cans etc. pm or email me at cording_da_revhead@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:11 am 

Update time boys and girls the sr is in the car for the last tiem hopefully for a while, went in very easy and looks at home in the engine bay

Also got a exedy sports tuff 5 puck clutch and 5 speed S13 box, adj cam gear for the exhaust side and sard fuel press regulator, oil catch can, also having a clean out sale go to http://www.ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8742

going to fit the clutch and gearbox 2morrow if all goes well, also dropping the tailshaft off to get the SR spline put on and get balanced, the flywheel to be lightened and finish the fuel system, will put the struts and steering back in later this week also

well enuf typing got some pics :

Catch can:

[ img ]

[ img ]

Stinger Ems:

[ img ]

Engine in car:

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Clutch:

[ img ]

Cam Gear:

[ img ]

Fuel reg:

[ img ]

S13 5speed:

[ img ]

well thats it 4 now tell me wot u think all comments are welcomed

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:38 pm 

update found out that my 180B 1 piece tailshaft does fit the gearbox without ne problems, so i saved some money lol

the only difference is the sr one has splines machined flat for mayby oil passages or something but tailshaft slides in and no play so very happy

sorry to mislead nebody with my assumption

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:59 pm 

Hey mate... sweet that SR looks so good...

Are you planning or painting exterior orange... 180BSSS are great

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:03 am 
Old Digger

Looking good mate.. more pics? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:48 pm 

Yes the car will be painted Arcanio Ishtar ( lambo orange witt gold pearl)

will get more pics when progress happens

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:45 pm 

UPDATE: Last week i spent a small fortune on nolathane bushes for the SSS, nething i could get nolathane i did. Also put the rear suspension and bushes in, low king springs, monroe gas gt shocks, nolathane upper and lower shock bushes, swing arm bushes, diff bushes, Xmember bushes, should handle well i hope.

I also got the cooling sorted out, recored 180B radiator, modified 180B radiator hoses, still undecided about wot size thermo fans 2 use :?

Also putting the front suspension back 2gether later on 2day will get pics of the front end when i finish it. I have the struts out of my sedan in it atm as my coilovers are still getting a few more mods done to them. so hopefully by the end of the day it will be rolling on its own wheels

Got my driveshaft back yesterday, new uni's, balanced and i got mine shortened but i now realise i didnt really have to, on the spline that goes into the gearbox there is a dust collar once that is machined off u wont need to shorten the driveshaft cause the spline will slide all the way in but its all good cost $240 so im happy

Well i got a few pics

Modified radiator hoses

[ img ]

[ img ]

Drive shaft

[ img ]

[ img ]

Thats it for now will post more later on

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:33 pm 

Looking good man, coming along nicely!

the tailight surrounds look good too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:20 am 

i love custom 610's 8)

i also had to mod the motor mounts on my 610 'cause i was using the 510 install kit

but i bolted an offset plate to the xmember, then welded the mounts into the new position

you might want to do the same as the plates on your mount might cause the rubbers to fail

[ img ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:27 am 

Hi all i have made a bit of progress on the SSS over the last week as i am unemployed atm :(. Anyway i got the engine, clutch gearbox and tailshaft in last nite was a bit of a bastard to get the gearbox and engine in as one but got there in the end lol. Spent the good bit of an hour getting the clutch alinged right as me and my mate didnt have a clutch alinging tool but all is good now

Also finished putting the nolathane in the rear of the car i replaced the diff mountings, swingarms, upper and lower shocks, crossmember, also replaced the LCA,s, radius rods and swaybar mounts with nolathane as well. My coliovers arte still getting a few extra things modded for the brakes so for now i have the struts out of the sedan in the SSS the ones with the verada rotors and VL turbo calipers so should still pass engineering i hope. i also got king springs and monro gas shocks in the back and got king springs and C210 skyline KYB uprated shocks with spacers to going in the front with the stanza coilovers with 200B hubs

I ended up getting a repco 16 inch thermo fan for the rad which fits almost perfect after a little custom work to the mounting brackets, should keep things cool enough, finished trimming up the custom radiator hoses today as well so they don't look as ghetto lol.

The standard gauge cluster is going back in for now as i cant afford an autometer speedo atm, TRX seats out of the sedan will be going in as i cant be bothered stuffing around with the seat rails any more on the monza's. Going to finish putting the interior back in 2morrow and finish installing the alpine stereo components.

Then hopefully the auto electrician will be out next week to give the original loom the once over and make sure everything works then its being trailered to Carrol Automotive to get the EMS Stinger wired up and tuned also got to order a set of extractors off Craig at Maddat to suit SR in 1600

Well thats it for this update here's some pics:

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

well thats it for now will post more pics up later tell me wot u think

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:11 am 

Okay guys and girls got some more pics up for u to have a look at tell me wot u think

[ img ]

a little bit of rice in the engine bay

[ img ]

The maddat kit sits the sr really far back so u get a lot of room between engine and radiator

[ img ]

Now my idea behind this was i couldnt be bothered hiding it so i made it a feature lol didnt turn out to bad i reckon

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Will hopefully have more pics up 2morrow of the rear of the car all smoothed and primed up ready for paint

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:23 pm 

how's this going or is it all at a stop due to the silly season?

i want to see this thing in the sun with that colour!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:53 am 

Hey man... did you bother seam welding the engine bay? And it looks like yr running the standard fuel tank, is this correct, if so how does it go?