Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:53 pm 

RE Riley: I did not seam weld the engine bay and i am using the standard fuel tank it should work okay i havent started the car up yet but it was fine when the l series was in the 2 door so i assume i twill still work.

Hi everybody sorry bout the long time and no update been a bit slack uploading pics lol

Been doen alot of body work on this of late and due to work commitments the rego date been pushed back again, i finally got the rear of the car smooth, no badges. boot lock, chrome around the rear, side badges. All the rust is cut out of it now :D :D so almost got it looking like i want it to be smoothed out with no badges. also finally got around to finishing the airbox for the fully sik pod filter, just needs a coat of paint and all will be legal lol.

Got the gauge cluster sitting almost how i want it i am thinking of setting the gauges deeper back in the dash don't know yet, It also looks complete now since i got the autometer 5 inch 260kmph electronic speedo ultralite, it only just fits with a little massaging of the dash.

The original electrical harness is working now courtesy of toronto auto electrics al lis needed is to get the EMS wired up and tuned and see wot kinda power its making.

Also got a set of rims of dave i am stripping back and painting charcoal, there some sort of globe wheel 14x8 i think i am undecided wether to use them for road use or have the jellybeans guess we'll see when i roll it out of the garage, either way i'll have a set of semi slicks on them, there painted gold atm were its gold i'll paint charcoal and leave the rest alloy

neways here a few pics:

The opening i enlarged for the air intake

[ img ]

no more rear badge

[ img ]

Smooth rear end

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

compared to this

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

From this

[ img ]

[ img ]

To this

[ img ]

[ img ]

Rims

[ img ]

[ img ]

gauge cluster

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Airfilter box

[ img ]

[ img ]

Headunit install

[ img ]

Thats all for now, will update more later on in the week as i finish the sill and rear quarter

One last comparision

[ img ]
[ img ]

cheers

I am able to do general fabrication work mild steel, stainess steel, rust repair patches, catch cans etc. pm or email me at cording_da_revhead@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:35 pm 

Lots of work going on there, looking good too, i like the position of the head unit.

and the clean rear end looks good.

keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:58 am 

Thanks for the comments Aaron

Update time:

I finally got around to pushing the SSS out of the carport 2day and giving it a wash/clean as i was thinking about selling it then after looking at it kinda clean i couldnt bring myself to sell it, that and the fact that its almost finished and remembering wot it looked like when i got it and wot it looks like now all the mods has got done to it now, knowing that 95% of the work on it me and my mates have done, i decided to keep it.

here are some pics:

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

Almost finished this bit will have it finished later on 2day

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

cheers

I am able to do general fabrication work mild steel, stainess steel, rust repair patches, catch cans etc. pm or email me at cording_da_revhead@hotmail.com

Last edited by SSS 610 on Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:30 am 

i'm loving it man! it's really coming together, i'm glad you have decided to keep her as it would be a shame to get so far and then not see the end product. i got like that with my coupe and then the other weekend some of the ozdat boys came around and all faith was restored.

the day you start it will be the day it is all worth it. mine started and i knew all the wait and work was well worth it!

can't wait to see it finished! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:12 pm 

yeah you cant sell your dato!! this project has come along so well and cant wait till its finished..
pure inspiration

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:50 pm 

Thanks for the comments guys glad this thread is getting some positive feedback.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:56 pm 

Time for an update:

Well ive had the car primed up so we can get to work fixing up all the littel nicks and dings that were to hard to see when it was orange, bare metal, grey and beige lol.

I have finished wiring up the stinger that was the most pain in the ass thing about this car lol, still having a bit of trouble with the igniter i know wot wires go into the igniter but i dont know in wot order lol, ive got to make the wiring look a bit nicer 2 im more concerned with getting it going atm lol.

I got a standard t25 turbo and manifold to go on as well i got a custom dump pipe, front pipe and 2.5 inch mild steel exhaust for 500 bucks :shock: :lol:

Im also moving down to melbourne on the 9th of may so the goal for the car at is to get it driveable and store it at my parents place so when i get back up to newcastle get it engineered and rego'd when i save soem money lol and drive it back down after newyears and get it to as many datto meetings as i can.

i will get pics 2morrow and i documented all the wiring stuff for the stinger into a 180b if nebody else needs it cause i know how much trouble it was for me.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:58 pm 

Hi ppl still no real updates with the SSS as i ahvent had the funds to finish it up or been able to work on it, but it has been reprimed and is getting the colour finally sprayed on it the end of this month so that should be good.

as for the rest of it i dont know an eta on that so im playing it by ear atm.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:59 pm 

Hi ppl still no real updates with the SSS as i ahvent had the funds to finish it up or been able to work on it, but it has been reprimed and is getting the colour finally sprayed on it the end of this month so that should be good.

as for the rest of it i dont know an eta on that so im playing it by ear atm.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:58 pm 

sh*t man its coming along from the last time i seen it!

i'm gunna trip you rite out man..!
check out my posts.....i'm back in the game!
my sss is over in california now!
josh....
lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:15 pm 

hey there,
looking awsome :twisted:
i like the look of the smooth rear end 8)
Also i like the dash with all them gauges !! :twisted:
LOL.. in the pics of the back of the car, note the box of extra dry platniums :lol: good beer that !!
SSS 610 wrote:

Im also moving down to melbourne :?: on the 9th of may so the goal for the car at is to get it driveable and store it at my parents place so when i get back up to newcastle :?: get it engineered and rego'd when i save soem money lol
Where abouts are you now ... Vic or Newcastle ??
lol im in newcastle :)
is the work being done on the car, being done in Newi or Vic ?

cheers,
Steven

[ img ]
Thy Beast 1600
Datfusion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:07 pm 

hey steven thanks for the comments im in newie till sunday night then imflying bakc down to melbourne cause thats were i live now only up to see family and friends for christmas.

the work is getting done up here at a mechanic i know, i was hoping i wopuld drive it down with me but money issues as they do always pop up lol

send us a pm with ur number man and ill try ot catch up with you b4 i go.

rusty510: thanks for the comments man

well ppl catch u guys later.

cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:22 pm 

Awesome job so far! wish i had funds to do a conversion like that....

i have my head unit in that position as well, but have clearance problems at the rear of the unit so it does not sit in the console properly....unless yours is shorter. minor detail in the scheme of things though :P

keep up the good work. love to see it running before you take it back south :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:07 am 

i found the same thing with my head unit too got away round it?

keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:55 am 

hi ppl i finally got something new to tell you about the SSS i finally picked out the final colour for the car i had to decide how much pearl i wanted in the paint but all that is sorted now its straight and been blocked back ready to get painted over the next couple of weekends and yes i will be getting many pics of it in the sun when its painted.

well the way i got around my head unit hitting nething was i took at the heater assembly cause it was useless to me so u get plenty of room and my head unit just clears the floor aswell.

well i was only up in newie or the weekend i will be back in melbourne later on 2nite.

cheers