Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: Re: QLD Raceway sprints
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:29 pm 

OMG dont tell him about the money until he is hooked :lol:
yeah motorsport is more addictive than heroin and more expensive as well. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:53 am 

And do you really think the sunny will be going quick enough to need to use the brakes??? :rofl:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:11 pm 

A15ET, might be a hint to what he has, hether or not it means anything will have to be proven

Lukey73 - you still coming down this weekend?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:47 pm 

I Like Drift wrote:
Lukey73 - you still coming down this weekend?

Yeah mate in this lovely weather at present, im going to enjoy the drive down!!! :P

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:17 pm 

i can comfortably predict the weather here, sunny till midday, slowly more overcast until slight showers at 6pm, guaranteed, done it every day for the last week, working the whole of saturday too :(

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:33 pm 

lukey73 wrote:
And do you really think the sunny will be going quick enough to need to use the brakes??? :rofl:
Maybe... lol

Well for the few races i have had in it since i got the car it's held it's own so far... But my most memorable was against a Turbo'ed GTI Swift with a half cage and guages galore (I won't mention the rear wing on a FF car... lolzzz) up Mt Nebo at night... And with my Sunny still being Suck-thru Turbo + Carby and the atmospheric changes going higher in altitude... I'd say i did alright keeping up with him the whole way to the last car park...

I'll Probably come out to one S.A.S after i get my diff sorted and have a chat and see what the go is...

Next one is September 6th isn't it?

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:00 pm 

topgear sprints in June :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:40 pm 

I Like Drift wrote:
i can comfortably predict the weather here, sunny till midday, slowly more overcast until slight showers at 6pm, guaranteed, done it every day for the last week, working the whole of saturday too :(
No worries catch you on Sunday mid morning then.

Willowbank is a different kettle of fish, there are some cars out there that really should go quicker than they do and some that go faster than they should, really comes down to the spacer!
:D

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:12 am 

lukey73 wrote:
I Like Drift wrote:
No worries catch you on Sunday mid morning then.

Willowbank is a different kettle of fish, there are some cars out there that really should go quicker than they do and some that go faster than they should, really comes down to the spacer!
:D
Either way I can't wait to find out... Not expecting Miracles or anything. Just wanna get out there and have some fun in a more controlled environment... And during the day is always a bonus with no blind corners, embankments, guard rails or cliffs... lol

This is my Sunny anyway............ and don't worry about the date on that photo as i never bothered to change it when I got the camera... :lol:

[ img ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:35 am 

Anyone kow if L18-B110's car looks like his avatar car? BRE repro? Anyway there was a 510 just like that at the QR Muscle and Sports Car races yesterday, which is on again today if anyone wants a late look, well worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:31 pm 

26ODET wrote:
Anyone kow if L18-B110's car looks like his avatar car? BRE repro? Anyway there was a 510 just like that at the QR Muscle and Sports Car races yesterday, which is on again today if anyone wants a late look, well worth it.
[ img ]

Harry sold that 1200 a while ago.
his white one is currently for sale I think.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:30 am 

Sunny_A15ET wrote:
But my most memorable was against a Turbo'ed GTI Swift with a half cage and guages galore (I won't mention the rear wing on a FF car... lolzzz) up Mt Nebo at night... And with my Sunny still being Suck-thru Turbo + Carby and the atmospheric changes going higher in altitude... I'd say i did alright keeping up with him the whole way to the last car park...
And after a few track days you'll hopefully realise how stupid and unsatisfying it is "racing" other people on public roads. There is no comparison at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:58 pm 

so how'd it go Sunny_A15ET? car looks pretty good. I 'd probably build a B310 if I could get the JDM style box flares for them.
26ODET wrote:
as Jeff said, it did. I sold it in 2005 and its now in SA. that was the car I built myself and should never have sold...
[ img ]

I've thought about painting the current datto like that too. I'm starting to lean towards selling the Supra instead of the 1200...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:10 pm 

L18_B110 wrote:
so how'd it go Sunny_A15ET? car looks pretty good. I 'd probably build a B310 if I could get the JDM style box flares for them.
I've actually been looking for a set on Yahoo Japan. I've seen a few sets for sale but always out of my price range.... Should have my diff fixed next week. Only a H150 but it'll get me going till I get something else sorted... So yeah haven't made it to a sprint day yet but will definately come out and watch Top Gear Sprints so if you's see the Sunny out at QR i won't be too far away...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:33 pm 

I hear the Stanza diffs bolt in to B310s. Not sure what diffs they came with - I'm pretty sure some got the Aussie Borg Warner 68. The BW is plenty strong. I had one in my old BRE painted 1200 which at the end of its development had a 190-odd bhp Stewart Wilkins L18 in it. The diff managed to stand up to that power very well. broke a couple of axles over the years but only when having axle tramp problems.