Ozdat Home Feature Cars Ozdat Classifieds Event Calander Links Trade Link Tech Resource Merchandise Donate Web Mail
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC+11:00

Post subject: My 180B SSS Extravaganza
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:57 pm 

Hi all. I must admit that I only joined Ozdat to solve a few problems with my current build, but after looking around I figured I may as well introduce myself and share some of my exploits while I'm at it. At the moment I'm slowly building my fifth SSS, unfortunately it can be a pain building a car that lives in a separate state to the one you live in, but at the present it's waiting for me to come home in December to finish stripping out the interior and having a good stab at it. Purchased sight unseen in Vic, and got it trucked over to find it had 50K original miles and the service manual sitting in the glove box! I've only got photos of when I bought it, but hopefully when I head to SA later on I'll get some more. I've been building a Z18 with a Z24 bottom end for it, so fuel injected, turbo charged 2.4L bundle of fun to eventually cruise around in.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Other than my current build car, I've had a few others, one that I've seen is now in the ownership of a member of this forum (Pink front guards stand out pretty easily :wink:), so I won't post any shot of that, as I'm sure the current owner has plenty.

I might however show off my much loved rally car that lives in ACT or somewhere like that now. Purchased the car fairly stock, but bloody clean, and put a Walker 'cage in, blueprinted L18 with floating forgies, ported and polished heads, twin 45 Webers, R33 'box, Nismo 5.11 lsd, and many other goodies that I can't think of right now.

[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]

Oh, actually, before I disappear, has anyone from SA seen this stealthy looking machine buzzing around? I'd love to know if it's still on the road.

[ img ]

Anyway, I hope you've all enjoyed my little bit of fun, I need a bit of help with certain rack related problems, and I've got many many spares I need to get rid of, but I'll post them up in the relevant forums when I get a chance.

Alex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:09 pm 

Alex, I'm jealous!! You've owned some pretty sweet SSS's!

I'd love to see some more pics, and I'll be down in Adelaide for christmas if you need a hand!

Cheers

Chris

If it's not broke, don't fix it.. Upgrade it!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:29 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Terrous wrote:
I've only got photos of when I bought it
Here's a few more for you then :wink:

[ img ]

[ img ]

[ img ]

1965 SP310 Fairlady
1966 SP311 Fairlady

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:42 pm 

Oh that's brilliant. But only three hubcaps... I thought I lost one buzzing around, it would appear I was incorrect.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:42 pm 
Donating Member
Donating Member

Those pics were taken 4 - 5 years ago. It was parked just round the corner from my place in Newcastle, NSW.

I was very tempted to buy it and give up on my rusty old shell but decided to persevere with mine.

1965 SP310 Fairlady
1966 SP311 Fairlady

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:08 pm 

If you got any pics of my 180b when u had it post em up :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:35 am 

Do you by any chance have a spare dashboard (without the speedo cluster)? I need one for my SSS coupe in good condition without cracks or missing wood trim. If you do, please get in touch via ldxkcp@yahoo.co.uk Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:10 am 

ldxkcp wrote:
Do you by any chance have a spare dashboard (without the speedo cluster)? I need one for my SSS coupe in good condition without cracks or missing wood trim. If you do, please get in touch via ldxkcp@yahoo.co.uk Thanks.
I'm pretty sure I do. I know for a fact I've got an early model (round, six cluster dash) sitting at home, possibly have one or two more. I can't remember all the stuff I've got in one of the many sheds, but I know I raided U-Pull-It (for anyone that knows what that is) on many occasions and left with trailer loads of 180 and Coupe parts. When I get into the sheds in a few weeks I'll post a full list of all items in the for sale section. But off hand there is approx. 10 or so front guards, a few sets of tail lights, a few diffs, 'boxes, interior sets, engine misc. and probably a lot more I can't think of off hand.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:40 pm 

Terrous wrote:
I'm pretty sure I do. I know for a fact I've got an early model (round, six cluster dash) sitting at home, possibly have one or two more. I can't remember all the stuff I've got in one of the many sheds, but I know I raided U-Pull-It (for anyone that knows what that is) on many occasions and left with trailer loads of 180 and Coupe parts. When I get into the sheds in a few weeks I'll post a full list of all items in the for sale section. But off hand there is approx. 10 or so front guards, a few sets of tail lights, a few diffs, 'boxes, interior sets, engine misc. and probably a lot more I can't think of off hand.
That's great! In that case, please reserve one dashboard without the speed cluster for me. Would prefer a black one, but not wouldn't mind other colors if they are in really good condition. Of course, it will depend on price and their condition. Please do get in touch via my email: ldxkcp@yahoo.co.uk when you are ready. Thanks.